Long distance drive resulting in returning with vehicle empty

laoye

Whenever I drive to Oakville or west end of Mississauga, I always return with vehicle empty. This is a big waste of time and gas. Any suggestion on how this can be avoided?

Amun

Stay in oakville or use destination in the app for a return trip.

Also if you look at how much you made for that trip even round trip you made good money. Burlington - Toronto is about $40-$60 depending on what part to what part and if it takes you an hour to an hour and a half round trip, worst case scenario you made $25 an hour which is usually better than if you had sat in your city for that entire hour and a half. A trip to London from Burlington takes an roughly 96mins and it's worth 100 dollars so even minus the tank of gas for me $37 and the 3 hours I made $30 an hour guaranteed vs maybe doing better if I stayed in Burlington for those three hours. Which I can and have made more than 30 an hour but it isn't the norm it's the exception so plan of what is the norm not the exception.

Last edited:

Harry70

I refused a trip from York dale mall to London last week 224 kilometers : no going there without return passenger; sorry cant take a loss ; I stayed at York dale to see what's happening; two uber refused third uber took them

Amun

I refused a trip from York dale mall to London last week 224 kilometers : no going there without return passenger; sorry cant take a loss ; I stayed at York dale to see what's happening; two uber refused third uber took them
Uberx Fare 155-207 take home would have been 116-155 if it was select 341-453 take home 255-339 so even if it was x let's say and you get the min which is 116, you are telling me on average you make more than 27$ an hour at whatever time it was? If this wasn't on peak hours that is just crazy to me. But hey maybe our markets are too different.

Harry70

Uberx Fare 155-207 take home would have been 116-155 if it was select 341-453 take home 255-339 so even if it was x let's say and you get the min which is 116, you are telling me on average you make more than 27$ an hour at whatever time it was? If this wasn't on peak hours that is just crazy to me. But hey maybe our markets are too different.
It was uber x ; I was better off next three hours

Canada647

im not sure if i would of refused that ride, however i can see if Toronto is Surging it could be worth it to not accept it.

Homer J

I'm not sure if Uber still does this or not. They used to.

If a trip took you way out of your way to drop the pax off you could request a return mileage adjustment added to the fare. Not sure how much it would be.

Like I said, don't know if they still offer it or not but it might be worth a try.

Harry70

If a trip took you way out of your way to drop the pax off you could request a return mileage adjustment added to the fare. Not sure how much it would be.

Like I said, don't know if they still offer it or not but it might be worth a try.
That's on their website but all tricky; what if ; anyway uber stops the ride after 90 min thats my experience ; why take a hassle of getting into something less rewarding : it's better to be safe than sorry

laoye

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

This sounds a good idea.

Amun

They send you the automated message they don't stop the ride. If you ignore it and keep going the fare keeps going you can't get to London in under an hour and a half or under $100 which is the cut off. But when they say pull over the ride is done and you keep going the fare keeps running it's just an automated message.

onelanka

how did you know destination to cancel?

Harry70

They send you the automated message they don't stop the ride. If you ignore it and keep going the fare keeps going you can't get to London in under an hour and a half or under $100 which is the cut off. But when they say pull over the ride is done and you keep going the fare keeps running it's just an automated message.
It get cancelled automatically than keep emailing uber for your fair ; it's frustrating

WillC

I recently did a trip for 103 minutes with 132KM, gross fare was $128 and payout $95. I didn't get any message. It took 3 days to clear the fare thought. BTW it was a round trip.

In another note, I have done trips in the past where the gross fare or even the payout is over $100, the payouts showed up right away. So this 1 hour and a half hour or $100 limited may not uniformly applied.