Uber Drivers Forum banner

London, On - CANADA

7K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Zazo 
#1 ·
Hello Fellow Uber Drivers and Uber Riders that use the service in London, Ontario and area!
Just started a little thread here to get to know each other... or if we know each other... to connect more.
Enjoying the service? Does it help you?
What do you like about it?

#3 ·
Sadly, Uber is about to end in London Ontario.

I don't understand why cameras in the ubers would be enough to shut uber down, but apparently it is.

And as usual, there is absolutely no way to contact Uber outside of the semi useless help on the apps.
Z.

#4 ·
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel
Zazo
Uber created a petition for the riders and drivers to sign.
https://action.uber.org/londonon/
They need 5,000 people to sign. Last time I checked there were 4,500 that already signed.

I've been to the Council meeting for 8 hours and all I've see there was just greed and guilt.
Now:
The Council voted for cameras to be installed in the cabs and limos... at their request, for their own protection.
The funny part is that even some of the councilors admitted that camera help only after the "incidents" and only the Police is the beneficiary of the footage. So, it doesn't help anyone feeling safe, but more awkward.

They voted to install the "web-based" cameras in Ubers to "flatten the land"... which is such a stupid tagline because you need to compare apples to apples. Cabs and limos are solely used for business, while the Uber drivers use their personal vehicles that they use for family and so on.
Having a camera that you don't have control upon scooping on you and your private life 24/7 is not ethical, especially if it's imposed by an administration entity. That's the big debate that will push a lot of drivers to not want to drive for Uber anyomore in London. #ldnont #uber #rideshare #petition

#18 ·
Welcome to Uber!

London can be pretty good September to the end of April. I found I was doing okay, with the students gone, until the middle of July. It seemed lots of nonstudents were Ubering. However, the last two weeks of July and the first two in August were really, really, really slow, I am not sure where everyone disappeared to. So, unless Uber can increase it's nonstudent rider base by next summer be prepared for that.

London seems to have come back to life some and the students will soon be here as well. I don't do drunks either.

#20 ·
Hey London Drivers,
I drove for six months back in the "Wild West" days when Uber was technically not even legal. I just got my application sent to the city for my Uber license, and I received the stickers in the mail but no rides coming in yet. How long did you have to wait after you received you stickers and the whole "City of London has approved...etc" before you started getting rides? Anxious to get back on the road...

Attachments

#22 ·
Hello, I new here. I Iwork as delivery drives for UberEats but not make enought money ( maybe $50 in 4 hours ) I'm thinking lease or buy car to start working as taxi, I would like to know How much money I can make with Uber working 8 hours? What kind of vehicle is good to work as Uber Taxi?

#23 ·
Once you have the city license and the stickers, all Uber has to do is activate your app. It may be quicker to check in at the HUB if the dots are not all lining up.
Uber has still not grown to the point of being beyond student dependant. It has gotten better, but for some reason when the students go, other riders tend to drop off as well. A curiosity I think.
8 hours a day 5 days a week, most weeks you can make 500. However, not so for the end of July and August. It is very quiet. Thus the need for more non-students riders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.