London just cancelled uber

Alidean

The same thing happened 3 or 4 years ago in Virginia. Both uber and lyft were told stop and they kept going

I'm sure they are gonna continue to operate though

They will continue to operate during the appeal process but they definitely won't if they lose the appeal.

London Private Hire regulation is no joke, Police and TfL compliance officers have checkpoints at major pick-up and drop off points regularly and most reputable drivers will not risk arrest, criminal record, seizure of their vehicle and loss of their own personal private hire licence to work for uber so the service availability will collapse.

Alidean

Yea til literally all of London @@@@@es. It's like the airports around here. "Nope no uber or lyft. Oh millions of complaints a day? Airport is ok for uber and lyft"

Can't take something easy and cheap away from people like that.

THE MAN!

The same thing happened 3 or 4 years ago in Virginia. Both uber and lyft were told stop and they kept going
Uber doesn't have that advantage any longer. With Greyball investigation and many eyes on Uber especially the investors. They can't afford anymore bad news.

everythingsuber

They will continue to operate during the appeal process but they definitely won't if they lose the appeal.

London Private Hire regulation is no joke, Police and TfL compliance officers have checkpoints at major pick-up and drop off points regularly and most reputable drivers will not risk arrest, criminal record, seizure of their vehicle and loss of their own personal private hire licence to work for uber so the service availability will collapse.
The appeal prossess could be 10 to 12 months.
Of course they can operate in this time.
https://www.williamhillplc.com/news...eleases/2017/uber-odds-on-to-lose-any-appeal/
Lyft and Taxify can get up and running as alternatives.

The appeal prossess could be 10 to 12 months.
Of course they can operate in this time.
https://www.williamhillplc.com/news...eleases/2017/uber-odds-on-to-lose-any-appeal/
Lyft and Taxify can get up and running as alternatives.

Taxify will never get up and running in London due to their name unfortunately - "Taxi" and it's synonyms can only legally be used to refer to traditional Black Cab's under Section 31 of the Private Hire Vehicles (London) Act 1998... Unless they open a London subsidiary under another brand, but then it wouldn't be able to work through their main app as that's still "Taxify".

Lyft would be welcomed by most Uber drivers here including myself.

DeplorableDonald

Lyft would be welcomed by most Uber drivers here including myself.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Lyft is NO better than Uber. They are even more shady in their treatment of drivers. They do great PR. Because they have pink branding people think they're the kinder and gentler company. Uber is blatant about their disregard for drivers. Lyft is passive aggressive about it.

Read the Lyft forums before you think Lyft will be your savior.

Lyft is Uber in a pink tutu.™

Hate to burst your bubble, but Lyft is NO better than Uber. They are even more shady in their treatment of drivers. They do great PR. Because they have pink branding people think they're the kinder and gentler company. Uber is blatant about their disregard for drivers. Lyft is passive aggressive about it.

Read the Lyft forums before you think Lyft will be your savior.

Lyft is Uber in a pink tutu.™

I have no reason to disbelieve you, but regardless the 40,000 drivers who will be out of a job if uber loses their appeal would gladly take lyft right now

PoolBoy

This is Dara's fault. He's been there long enough to have contacted them and say, "what can I do to to make things right?" Or at least try.
He inherited a mess that he can't fix. Should have stayed at Expedia. He made a huge mistake going to Uber. Greed drives people to do stupid things. I haven't seen any improvement since he's been the new CEO. What is he doing?

Bulls23

This might be a blueprint for other major markets to finally realize that Uber is the major source of gridlock. You don't have to conduct scientific research to figure this out. Just get in the car and start counting U stickers around you.

New2This

So drivers on UP would be happy if Uber was banned from DC next week?

Yes. I would dance on Uber's grave then piss on it. Fornicate Uber. If Al Qaeda does planes into buildings again one can only hope they pick Uber HQ during a board meeting.

huhwR.gif

*couldn't find a piss on grave meme that wouldn't get me a vacation.