• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

London badge to drive in Manc

Bready

hi guys,
I live in manchester, wish to drive in manchester but i was talk to many drivers here as to have the badge in london is not as difficult as in manchester.
My question is that is it possible to have the badge in london even if i don’t live there but in manc?
I was try to sign up the ignition session of uber in london but 3years of driving experience required in the uk, i have a year of experience here but more than 20years at all. Thanks for your replys.

mods1964

The leagle loophole Which allows you to get a Licence in one authority and work in another will be closed within a year maybe sooner,, get your Licence were youR intending to work !!

Bready

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All right, thanks.
Do you know, how about the tax? Am i have to be self emloyed and pay taxes and ni after the income?

Taxi8

All right, thanks.
Do you know, how about the tax? Am i have to be self emloyed and pay taxes and ni after the income?
Yes you would be classed as self-employed. Don't worry about tax. You would have to earn over £11,500 per year to pay tax. You will not earn that much money.
You will have to pay National Insurance though.

Bready

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your reply.

Is it means, that i have to take my gross income and deduct all costs like fuel, rental fee of the car, etc and the rest is my net income as will not reach up to £11.500/year?
How about the cut of uber? Is this amount can be deducted of the gross income as well?
Am i have to notify hmrc as im a self emloyed?

mods1964

Yes you will need proof from the HMRC that your earning do not exceed 225p per hour to claim housing benefits and tax credits, hope that helps !!