lollapalooza promotion?

jamesssb

has anybody received this?? wondering what this is.. do we have to drive to get paid or just sit down and listen and get paid lol.

Attachments

Sure

has anybody received this?? wondering what this is.. do we have to drive to get paid or just sit down and listen and get paid lol.
I wonder what you have to do. Keep us updated if you sit in on the presentation.

driving312

If Uber is offering training, Uber wants some (foolish) drivers to work Lolla obviously. ONLY Lolla.

Your account will be limited to only getting trips from Lolla to surrounding hotels, L stops, and Metra stations....or trips beginning from those spots to Grant Park. Have fun with that!! Why do you think Uber is willing to pay you up front? They didn't even do that for the handicapped service, lol. I bet to collect the money you have to opt-in and agree to work Lolla. Uber isn't stupid, but they assume you are.

Even at 3x surge all you're doing is half-mile trips beginning to end...at 90cents a mile...most of your time will be waiting at pickups and waiting in traffic at 20cents a minute and waiting in traffic empty to get to another silly pickup.

You will be going back and forth, forth and back taking drunk sweaty rain soaked (it will thunderstorm each day) college kids that will insist on fitting five or six of them in your UberX.

Uber better pass out barf bags (extras for the ones you already carry right?) because even all the hospitals have been doing drills for all the expected alcohol overdoses....it's the busiest weekend for ER's in Chicago.

Good luck finding your passenger on the East side of Michigan Ave, there are no numbers, and the Art Institute has the only address from Roosevelt to Randolph. Don't forget to wait for 5 minutes and receive your No Stopping/No Standing traffic ticket. :smiles:

Last edited:

driving312

Don't forget, if you do not have an AUX cord for your stereo so they can play music from their iPhone you're going to get 1 starred.
Seriously- this is how they think.

This said...everyone has a price.
If Uber offered $75 guaranteed an hour to ONLY work Lolla, I'd do it.

Anything less you're better off getting longer trips from the massive surge Lolla should create....but Uber will probably have no guarantees for anyone Thursday evening and all weekend.

It will be Boost for all drivers in Chicagoland at 2.0x and drivers will flood the city....so no massive surge until it actually thunderstorms.

Last edited:

pizza guy

Don't forget, if you do not have an AUX cord for your stereo so they can play music from their iPhone you're going to get 1 starred.
Seriously- this is how they think.
They'd love my tape deck. I've actually had some of them claim to have never seen one or think I am cool for being retro.
No I'm just not willing to use anything but an old car to hall their buts around.

jamesssb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Uber is offering training, Uber wants some (foolish) drivers to work Lolla obviously. ONLY Lolla.

Your account will be limited to only getting trips from Lolla to surrounding hotels, L stops, and Metra stations....or trips beginning from those spots to Grant Park. Have fun with that!! Why do you think Uber is willing to pay you up front? They didn't even do that for the handicapped service, lol. I bet to collect the money you have to opt-in and agree to work Lolla. Uber isn't stupid, but they assume you are.

Even at 3x surge all you're doing is half-mile trips beginning to end...at 90cents a mile...most of your time will be waiting at pickups and waiting in traffic at 20cents a minute and waiting in traffic empty to get to another silly pickup.

You will be going back and forth, forth and back taking drunk sweaty rain soaked (it will thunderstorm each day) college kids that will insist on fitting five or six of them in your UberX.

Uber better pass out barf bags (extras for the ones you already carry right?) because even all the hospitals have been doing drills for all the expected alcohol overdoses....it's the busiest weekend for ER's in Chicago.

Good luck finding your passenger on the East side of Michigan Ave, there are no numbers, and the Art Institute has the only address from Roosevelt to Randolph. Don't forget to wait for 5 minutes and receive your No Stopping/No Standing traffic ticket. :smiles:
sounds about right lol.
what i was excited about was hopefully getting "free" money just sitting down watching and listening to some bs instructions, then bounce after that and not drive the lolla chaos lol. but like u said theyre not stupid. darnit.

Sure

I would have sat through a 15 min webinar for that, and got 75 with no commission taken.

uberron73

Uber better lollout barf bags (extras for the ones you already carry right?) because even all the hospitals have been doing drills for all the expected alcohol overdoses....it's the busiest weekend for ER's in Chicago.

You hit the nail on the head. I can only imagine how it will go down there at lolla. I thought about doing uber there but you just reassured me why not to. Thxs for that

chitownXdriver

I got a $40 an hour guarantee for lolla weekend, I'm contemplating if I'll make more driving at lolla or working the guarantee in the suburbs. (I now drive XL)