• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

LOL- Car sharing app battle In Austin ruining my life

Ziggy

It's a satire. Neal Pollack is a famous satire writer based in Austin, TX. I've read some of his novels on he music scene that are completely fake making fun of the scenesters.
thanks for the clarification ... though if he ever rides with me, he should expect 1* for telling people to vote Yes.

Jay Dean

Sorry, I for sure vote NO, just that every media source is all of the sudden interested and I just have to laugh at how it's all going and how it's annoying everyone now not drivers anymore. I saw this on like 4 news feeds so my friends are getting a kick out of it and so am I, sorry if it seemed like a pro yes post..

Lnsky

thanks for the clarification ... though if he ever rides with me, he should expect 1* for telling people to vote Yes.
Yeah I understand your position as a driver. I can't really fault him for his position as a rider. Most riders think drivers are for Prop 1. The only ones I met who understand drivers aren't for it are the ones you seriously don't want to pick up. They are the ultra capitalistic entitled type riders that are happy to have you drive them around at a loss under the catch all excuse that you were stupid enough to do it.

The ones that are happy to have you drive 12 miles and 30 min to pick you up to take them two blocks.

Not all riders are like this though. I've met a lot that take Lyft because they can 'feel less guilty' ordering a ride because the drivers are better taken care of. The ones that appreciate an enjoyable ride and would pay more for it are more likely to vote no when I explain to them that Uber and Lyft are against the regulations because it makes drivers more valuable and they could organize. But yet they still fall victim to the we're leaving fear campaign.

My favorite response from riders is maybe they leave maybe they don't but either way we as a city have to have an alternative. THIS IS THE ANSWER.

If this city was as smart and innovative as we think we are we'd get the alternatives in place that will copperate then turn on the heat.

We have Getme but no riders know of it. Lyft says they are 'pausing' service starting Monday. I guess we will have to see if they come back.

This isn't a problem unique to Austin. Every city attempts and sometimes successfully regulates them including SF who is making drivers get a license now. Lyft can't pull out of every city nor can Uber.

I agree with Pollack that both sides are unreasonable. Even the mayor of NYC is still grappling with how and what to do with the share based Eco.

Lnsky

Sorry, I for sure vote NO, just that every media source is all of the sudden interested and I just have to laugh at how it's all going and how it's annoying everyone now not drivers anymore. I saw this on like 4 news feeds so my friends are getting a kick out of it and so am I, sorry if it seemed like a pro yes post..
Well I agree that everyone is pissed off and annoyed. These bastards called me so many times yesterday I cussed them out.

The main reason people are so pissed off is because both sides are talking a lot but they aren't saying anything. Don't call and harass me repeatedly to tell me nothing other than how to vote. Tell me WHY NOT HOW!!!

strongarm

You know what I really @@@@ing hate? People who write about Austin! Apparently this guy's life just hasn't gone well everything he hates is what he's stuck doing. Send him to Syria so he can really have something to @@@@@ about. The next arrival I read that includes Austin in the title I will burn. Jerks spend a week in Austin and have to write about it and it's 90% bs bc those dbags never hung out with a native local. This pisses me off more than UL way to go writers who write about bs.

Lnsky

You know what I really &%$@!*ing hate? People who write about Austin! Apparently this guy's life just hasn't gone well everything he hates is what he's stuck doing. Send him to Syria so he can really have something to ***** about. The next arrival I read that includes Austin in the title I will burn. Jerks spend a week in Austin and have to write about it and it's 90% bs bc those dbags never hung out with a native local. This pisses me off more than UL way to go writers who write about bs.
It's a satire. Neal Pollack is a famous author who has lived in Austin for decades.