Lockout

Inshur

theitalian

Show us your TLC stickers and plates. If not then you are a troll
He showed a tlc plate on his Tesla that it doesn't even exist thanks to photosop. He is so @@@@ing coglione that he didn't even put a real tlc plate number. Don't feed the troll.

GMdrive

Yeah, spend 50+ grand on a stupid clunky WAV van to make peanuts and be an access-a-ride nurse aide. No thanks!
Ah ha....I certainly didn't know others were spending $50k when new ones, Siennas for example, can be purchased for $40k or so!

And new Dodges for way less.

NYCguy2020

Ah ha....I certainly didn't know others were spending $50k when new ones, Siennas for example, can be purchased for $40k or so!

And new Dodges for way less.
A new 2019-2020 sienna with all the required WAV equipment is listed at around 50k or so (financed).

Edit: Actually a new WAV sienna is 57k and the dodge is 48k.

Last edited:

GMdrive

A new 2019-2020 sienna with all the required WAV equipment is listed at around 50k or so (financed).

Edit: Actually a new WAV sienna is 57k and the dodge is 48k.

Try this company instead, as your link is to one of the most expensive ones.....
www.frconversions.com

Call and speak to Sales, and ask for Karyn.

2020 new WAV Sienna for Uber drivers, including Q-straints: $39-$40k.

Dodges are $32k, including Q-straints.

That wouldn't include taxes, which vary by state.

FR Conversions is the market leader for NYC WAV vehicles for Uber drivers.....for many reasons, including price. Just saying!

Chapar Kanati

Lol..I slept through that stupid WAV class. All I remember was thinking to myself, that sh!t is whack I will never driver a WAV period... too much hassle not to mention the liability. Definitely not for me.
Hahahaha I was exactly thinking like you. Too much hassle and too many belts and clips to deal with to even bother with this. 🤣😂🤣😂
Post automatically merged:

I don't know why would someone want to spend around $45K on a model 3 just to drive UberX and avoid lockouts. That's insane. The current rates we get don't make it worth it.

NYCguy2020

Hahahaha I was exactly thinking like you. Too much hassle and too many belts and clips to deal with to even bother with this. 🤣😂🤣😂
Yeah..not everybody has the patience or inclination to do this type of work. It's definitely a lot of hassle and fiddling around to be worth my while.

adalla

This just happened to me near JFK. First customer cancelled, then a second guy Sherzod cancelled on me 3 times. Then the third guy Abdelkosim cancelled on me 4 times. Keep in mind I was down the block from the last two guys. My initial reaction was maybe some typa tlc sting going on but who knows.

Attachments

jaybx17

I don't know why would someone want to spend around $45K on a model 3 just to drive UberX and avoid lockouts. That's insane. The current rates we get don't make it worth it.
Another thing is. Do you think Uber is gonna send them 45+ trips or great surge rides with a damn WAV. I wanna see a wav with a good fare or even something moderate distnce and surge. I’m pretty sure the algorithm isn’t gonna allow them to get the certain trips. The rates are higher and vehicle is probably less desirable unless its a UberPoop

NYCguy2020

Another thing is. Do you think Uber is gonna send them 45+ trips or great surge rides with a damn WAV. I wanna see a wav with a good fare or even something moderate distnce and surge. I’m pretty sure the algorithm isn’t gonna allow them to get the certain trips. The rates are higher and vehicle is probably less desirable unless its a UberPoop
Bingo...with a WAV van you're stuck doing $8-10 trips all day, not to mention the potential liability and fines if you ever declined a WAV ride. Also not being locked out doesn't necessarily mean you're getting rides non-stop. You can be online for hours in "busy" areas without a single ping. We're all under the mercy of the almighty algorithm.

Ubured

Cause that’s what they been paying for camrys. Hello?

Mikenike

I knew a guy that did wav trips. Wasn't his vehicle but worked for so e agency using a green TLC wav van. They paid him 20$ an hr straight. Not sure how it worked.

Anyway he said 50% used it to move big items not ppl. Surprisingly big items often do t fit well in suvs

Zubera

Good point. Uber probably doesn't want to send WAV car out of town. They reserve it for WAV requests because they probably don't have enough WAV cars. Then I believe all WAV requests come with long pickups and trips probably are shorties. 🤦‍♂️

NYCguy2020

Good point. Uber probably doesn't want to send WAV car out of town. They reserve it for WAV requests because they probably don't have enough WAV cars. Then I believe all WAV requests come with long pickups and trips probably are shorties. 🤦‍♂️
Yeah and you have to take EVERY WAV request they send you even if it's 10-15 mins away or it's a 2 star pax. Ummm no thanks 🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:

Price_action

This just happened to me near JFK. First customer cancelled, then a second guy Sherzod cancelled on me 3 times. Then the third guy Abdelkosim cancelled on me 4 times. Keep in mind I was down the block from the last two guys. My initial reaction was maybe some typa tlc sting going on but who knows.
Looks like some lousy drivers playing games with each other.