Lockout Solution

ScottieB

I have overcome the issue of getting locked out for not accepting 3 jobs in a row, I copy and paste the following message and send it to the rider, they think its come from Uber and then cancel the trip which doesn't hurt you in acceptance rates and prevents a lockout for 2 minutes. I find the rider cancels straight away :smiles:

Message as follows:

Dear Rider
For some reason the Uber system has given your request to the furthest car away from your pick point. Please cancel this request and and request again, you will get another driver within minutes of your pick pick up location.
Regards
Uber Partner

LevelX

Yeah I'm with others, not the smartest move..... Sounds like a good way to be a permanent lockout to me!

daredevil

Yeh id stop sending that. Lockouts are good. Create surges for those far away pax if no cars are picking them up however fuber shouldn't even send us pax more than 10 mins away create a surge beforehand

joffie

Picked up a guy this morning said he got 1 driver 25 min away who called him and cancelled.
The same driver then accepted the job.. the customer cancelled.
Customer got another driver 20 min away.. cancelled..
Then got me 6 min away after I completed a drop off.
Uber u are stupid

UberDriverAU

Picked up a guy this morning said he got 1 driver 25 min away who called him and cancelled.
The same driver then accepted the job.. the customer cancelled.
Customer got another driver 20 min away.. cancelled..
Then got me 6 min away after I completed a drop off.
Uber u are stupid
@@@@ driving 20 minutes to pick up a passenger. $1.60 sure as hell doesn't cover that!

joffie

Its the norm in Melbourne these days. No idea if they have changed the algorithm in Perth.

UberDriverAU

Its the norm in Melbourne these days. No idea if they have changed the algorithm in Perth.
I've never seen a 20 minute pickup here in Perth. Around 12 minutes would be the longest I've seen personally. Without knowing where they're going, there's no way I'm driving 20 minutes to pick someone up.

Tom2828

Today i got booking from toorak while i was in mount wayverly WTF (26 minutes ) even no surging.

Of course 2 other came with more than 20 minutes...

So just close the app drove to the busy area and took 2.2 from malvern east to the airport :smiles:
This guy almost missed his flight

LevelX

This week in the mornings the cars have been thin and the pings have been looooong.....

Got locked out 3 times this morning from crazy long pings. like clayton when in mitcham. WHAT!??? Nooooo just no.

What pisses me off is no surge in a lot of these areas. Then when surge does come its like half the city and then its gone again in 5 mins!?

I got a 3.2x in the morning... I was super excited, but the guy was only going 'home' after a sleep over, so only a few blocks. So wasn't that exciting in the end.

Graham J

I've never seen a 20 minute pickup here in Perth. Around 12 minutes would be the longest I've seen personally. Without knowing where they're going, there's no way I'm driving 20 minutes to pick someone up.
Hey Man, enjoy it while you can! The pings are getting longer and longer and don't be surprised if you get a ping one day to go from St George Tce to St Kilda Road.

Seriously, these long ping times in Melbourne are getting out of hand and if the idiots in Cremorne don't do something there will be big tears!

Damo66

I've had a few long ping requests (1o-12 mins+), which I always cancel. But I haven't had any absurd requests, until last night. Did a drop-off on Mont Albert Rd, Surrey Hills, and as I turn around to head back inbound, I get a ping for Kilsyth! Even though it was after midnight, that's still over 20kms and probably 25 mins. I'd have to be neurologically impotent to accept that trip.

joffie

Pick the poor man up he wanted to go minimum fare :biggrin:

Got 2 jobs 24 minutes away ignore then a 1.9 to city from Vermont. Nice $60.

sporadic

That's normal. I had pings like that pre-rate cut too. Dropoff in Bayswater and get a Lilydale ping...
I've had a few long ping requests (1o-12 mins+), which I always cancel. But I haven't had any absurd requests, until last night. Did a drop-off on Mont Albert Rd, Surrey Hills, and as I turn around to head back inbound, I get a ping for Kilsyth! Even though it was after midnight, that's still over 20kms and probably 25 mins. I'd have to be neurologically impotent to accept that trip.

LevelX

I've had a few long ping requests (1o-12 mins+), which I always cancel.
Too many ACROs = deactivated. Best to let them time out now days since Uber updated its policy.

I get a ping for Kilsyth! Even though it was after midnight, that's still over 20kms and probably 25 mins
Not uncommon. I start in Ringwood Area early mornings and often are 'timed out' by the time I leave my street due to jobs that I can only assume are bouncing around. Often get 25+ min jobs.

I was in mitcham the other morning and got a job in Clayton! From memory it was around 23 mins, Non surge of course.... Just checked and Google maps tells me 25min and about 18kms. yeah no thanks.