Locked out of Instant Pay

Sprunt2001

Hi guys,
Has anyone been locked out of their instant pay before? I had to do a factory reset on my phone and because of this, Uber thinks someone tried to log in on a new device. Uber support told me I'd be locked out for 48 hours even though I explained what happened and none of my log in info had been changed. The weird thing is the app let me cash out once and then when I tried 3 hours later I was locked out. Anyone have experience with this and know if it will really be available in 48 hours? I guess its all Lyft this weekend.

john1975

Hi guys,
Has anyone been locked out of their instant pay before? I had to do a factory reset on my phone and because of this, Uber thinks someone tried to log in on a new device. Uber support told me I'd be locked out for 48 hours even though I explained what happened and none of my log in info had been changed. The weird thing is the app let me cash out once and then when I tried 3 hours later I was locked out. Anyone have experience with this and know if it will really be available in 48 hours? I guess its all Lyft this weekend.
I just want to make sure I’m understanding you correctly. You were able to cash out fine but tried to cash out again 3 hours later?

Sprunt2001

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just want to make sure I’m understanding you correctly. You were able to cash out fine but tried to cash out again 3 hours later?
Yes I cashed out before I started my shift so I could get gas and not have to go to the atm. I work around 3 or 4 hours in the AM before going to my FT job. I try to use instant pay again and get a msg saying I dont currently have access to Instant Pay. Nowhere during the 3 hrs between trying to cash out did I sign out or do anything with passwords. Uber says I never properly signed out on "old device" but I was able to accept and give rides no problem early this morning.

smooth ride

Yes I cashed out before I started my shift so I could get gas and not have to go to the atm. I work around 3 or 4 hours in the AM before going to my FT job. I try to use instant pay again and get a msg saying I dont currently have access to Instant Pay. Nowhere during the 3 hrs between trying to cash out did I sign out or do anything with passwords. Uber says I never properly signed out on "old device" but I was able to accept and give rides no problem early this morning.
It could be a banking issue. Each bank has their own rules. My bank won’t allow any transfers of 2,000 in a seven day period.