Locally Funded Austin app Scoopme is launching this month. May be the citys last hope

I went to a driver event for Scoopme the other day. Looks like their app is pretty solid but I guess you never know until it launches. It launches at the end of this month in Austin. I like the fact that all of the people involved are from Austin and that the money they make will stay in our city. I signed up to drive so I will report back after the launch.

John Dow

I went to a driver event for Scoopme the other day. Looks like their app is pretty solid but I guess you never know until it launches. It launches at the end of this month in Austin. I like the fact that all of the people involved are from Austin and that the money they make will stay in our city. I signed up to drive so I will report back after the launch.
good to hear the money is staying in Austin since they really need it. thank god they raised my taxes again this year.
oh wait they are actually go to save me $46.00 for the extra homestead they gave us. thank god

Klimber

Well technically the same can be said for RideAustin and Fare. Both are based in Austin. Scoopme and ReDriver I think are just a little too late to the party. Most pax are users of two apps at best. few will venture to try them all. They get familiar to the usage on the app and even if they dislike some things about it the comfort of available pool of drivers over the new guy who may not be able to provide a driver over the long-haul. I kind feel like RideAustin, InstaRyde and Tride are in this quandary right now. I might get one or pings a night from all three of these all together on a Saturday night downtown.

Ziggy

Ziggy's observations:
  • ScoopMe - is using an Uber clone script app ... ScoopMe didn't even bother creating their own logo, they are using a modified version of the logo from the script developers. So ultimately, it depends on the company's processes and marketing to see if they have a leg to stand on or not.
  • InstaRyde - jury is still out. But I've been running the app non-stop all over town for the past 96 hours and have only gotten 1 ping (and at that it was an X ping) ... no thanks.
  • RideAustin - still hasn't released the Lux option, which was promised 3+ weeks ago
  • Tride - haven't tried it ... and haven't found a single driver or pax that has either
For now ... I'm sticking with - Fare, GetMe, Fasten ... *obviously subject to change as the market changes

Klimber

Ziggy's observations:
  • ScoopMe - is using an Uber clone script app ... ScoopMe didn't even bother creating their own logo, they are using a modified version of the logo from the script developers. So ultimately, it depends on the company's processes and marketing to see if they have a leg to stand on or not.
  • InstaRyde - jury is still out. But I've been running the app non-stop all over town for the past 96 hours and have only gotten 1 ping (and at that it was an X ping) ... no thanks.
  • RideAustin - still hasn't released the Lux option, which was promised 3+ weeks ago
  • Tride - haven't tried it ... and haven't found a single driver or pax that has either
For now ... I'm sticking with - Fare, GetMe, Fasten ... *obviously subject to change as the market changes
Same for me. I tried to download ReDriver but they required sign up for the pax app before you can signup for the driver app. This is not a problem since some of the other guys do the same but since the pax app kept crashing during the credit card entry phase, I got nervous. Ditched both apps.

That an typing ReDriver Austin gets you nothing but info on the clubs on RedRiver. Wrong name for this town. Pass.

Ziggy

That an typing ReDriver Austin gets you nothing but info on the clubs on RedRiver. Wrong name for this town. Pass.
Yeah .... had the same experience; at least they didn't name it "Sooners" or "Go Sooners"

strongarm

good to hear the money is staying in Austin since they really need it. thank god they raised my taxes again this year.
oh wait they are actually go to save me $46.00 for the extra homestead they gave us. thank god
Yeah probably one of the richest cities in America right now. To bad we couldn't keep it weird though.

Ziggy

Yeah probably one of the richest cities in America right now. To bad we couldn't keep it weird though.
If you don't think that 12+ ride share companies in Austin is weird, then you might need a shrink. Name one other city with more than 3 ride share companies; and ATX has 4-5 times more ride share companies than any other city. If that's not weird, I don't know what is

Ziggy

I'm suspicious of this thread written by a brand new member; claiming that the yet to be launched ScoopMe app (that uses a clone script) is the "end all, be all" savior of Austin ride share. *seems that this "driver" is more likely a ScoopMe owner, staffer or PR person

AustinAggie

I'm suspicious of this thread written by a brand new member; claiming that the yet to be launched ScoopMe app (that uses a clone script) is the "end all, be all" savior of Austin ride share. *seems that this "driver" is more likely a ScoopMe owner, staffer or PR person
Just because he only registered Tuesday and only has this one posr, I don't get why you're suspicious.

Ziggy

Just because he only registered Tuesday and only has this one posr, I don't get why you're suspicious.
The title of this post reads like it was written by a copywriter or a journalist. Besides, locally funded doesn't mean squat ... I'm more concerned about whether or not they are well funded and that they have a savvy management team, solid app ... and a solid marketing plan.

AustinAggie

The title of this post reads like it was written by a copywriter or a journalist. Besides, locally funded doesn't mean squat ... I'm more concerned about whether or not they are well funded and that they have a savvy management team, solid app ... and a solid marketing plan.
My response was meant to be sarcastic. That gets lost sometimes in a forum post.

All he lacked was saying "earn more money with this one weird trick..."

strongarm

If you don't think that 12+ ride share companies in Austin is weird, then you might need a shrink. Name one other city with more than 3 ride share companies; and ATX has 4-5 times more ride share companies than any other city. If that's not weird, I don't know what is
You don't know? How long you been in Austin? If you are a long time resident you Know what is weird Austin. 9 diff rideshares is just the market changing. U/L can do what they want leave who cares technology innovation and its market won't slow down.

Tx rides

You don't know? How long you been in Austin? If you are a long time resident you Know what is weird Austin. 9 diff rideshares is just the market changing. U/L can do what they want leave who cares technology innovation and its market won't slow down.
I guess I'm slow today: What was your point vis-à-vis ATX being a rich city,and keeping it weird?