Local meetup

Bill Collector

What do you guys think about having a small meetup? Or is it a bad idea? Will have to put the phone in airplane mode so Uber doesn't know! I've met few drivers at airport. I thinks it would be fun. :-)

LPHii

I find that to be a great idea! I'm starting uber driving on Monday and I would love to learn some tips on best times and dates!

yojimboguy

I suppose it depends on the time. I'd prefer to do something Saturday or Sunday within a couple hours either side of noon, which is usually pretty slow for me. I'm curious about a lot of things, including how many drivers there are in Madison and how many of THOSE know about this forum.

Bill Collector

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about this Saturday (tomorrow) around noon? Anywhere near downtown would be okay with me. We will introduce as our Up.net usernames. Maybe half hour or so. I've got some BOGO free coupons from Culver's! Lol.

yojimboguy

Sorry, I can't do tomorrow. My sister suddenly decided she wants to buy a new car, and we'll be running around dealerships all day. Sunday would work, though.

Bill Collector

Sorry, I can't do tomorrow. My sister suddenly decided she wants to buy a new car, and we'll be running around dealerships all day. Sunday would work, though.
Sounds good... Wonder if others want to join as well.. Good luck with car.

yojimboguy

I'm tempted to say Sunday noon at the cell phone lot, where there's a good chance we've seen each other before. :smiles:

How about Sunday noon at Ian's Pizza on Francis?

Bill Collector

Sounds good... Dropped many pax over there but never been there myself... I'll send PM to others as well.. More the merrier.. right?

Bill Collector

Hard to believe but we have 20+ users from Madison area in UP.net. Some of us may have met in real life at airport cell lot or other places while Ubering. This Sunday noon we are planning to have a small meet up at Ian's Pizza (319 N Frances). Goal of the meeting is just to say hello and maybe enjoy some good stories while eating pizza. Nothing else.

Not sure if the folks I am adding are still driving or even based in Madison. Even if you are not driving, please try to stop by. Let others enjoy brief surge ride requests while we are OFFLINE. Again at noon this Sunday at Ian's Pizza. Please forward this thread to others if I missed the names. I am Bill Collector and I approve this message! I'll reserve a table for Uber drivers! :smiles:

yeahyeahdefinitely
pskraiders
JoeDirt
Parkave
optimistprime1986
BUFFDudes
cannonball7
Beccab
Hurricane310
yojimboguy
glitched
whiskeypeddler
madUber74
BostonTaxiDriver
Uber4me
MikeB300
vswamp
MadtownUberX
Bitter Transport
jeep
HotRodriguez75
TinyDog
Henry-Lin

Last edited:

Henry-Lin

Count me in!!!
How can I find you guys that day?
I am driving a silver 14 Forester XT got an K&N sticker on the left hand side rear end window. LOL

Bill Collector

Count me in!!!
How can I find you guys that day?
I am driving a silver 14 Forester XT got an K&N sticker on the left hand side rear end window. LOL
Whoever comes first, get a table and call it Uber.. If the place gets full, well meet outside.. we can always come to this post for updates.. see you there!

Henry-Lin

How is the meeting???
Sorry guys I didn't make it. Some dumb kids broke my windows this morning. Already fix now.
So so so sorry!!!

yojimboguy

Bill, my app version is 3.99.1, which I think is the same as yours. So apparently it displays different stuff on different models of phones, unless there's some adjustable settings that neither of us have found.

Jim

Bill Collector

Bill,

Regret missing your meet up. I moved out of state.
Hopefully some place warmer than here! I'm sure you've already missed the Midwest hospitality! BTW Ian's pizza was so so.. I still think Glass Nickel makes the best pizza and I think Jimbo agree.