• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Local businessman sues Uber over alleged assault

NoNameNoGame

Local businessman sues Uber over alleged assault [in New York]
http://richmondbizsense.com/2015/08/19/local-businessman-sues-uber-over-alleged-assault

A tumultuous ride through Manhattan has pitted a Chesterfield businessman and his associate against the popular ride-hailing service Uber.

Terry Phillips and Melanie Mroz sued Uber Technologies Inc. earlier this month in Chesterfield County Circuit Court, seeking $1.25 million in damages on allegations that the company should be held liable for assault, battery and false imprisonment they claim they suffered at the hands of a driver while using its service....

uber genesis

Thats UBERTAXI, i love how the media just throws the uber name around, they used the app to hail a NYC cab, uber gets no money from uber taxi as they pay the driver directly..They should be going after the NYC TLC but that would be hard i assume.

NoNameNoGame

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A follow up story:

Uber argues for end of local lawsuit
http://richmondbizsense.com/2015/09/08/uber-argues-for-end-to-local-lawsuit

Uber is looking to put the brakes on a lawsuit filed against it last month in Chesterfield County.

The popular tech-driven ride-hailing service is arguing that the case, which involves a local businessman and an allegedly dramatic New York City taxi trip, should be tossed out or at least be moved to another court....

uber genesis

I have to side with Uber on this one. I'm not saying that something didn't happen just that it seems that this "couple" is trying to get over by filing in VA, I still don't understand why they didn't go after the local cab company and the NYC TLC, why just uber

They need to file in Brooklyn county or wherever in NYC this happened

TwoFiddyMile

The suit should be combined against Uber and TLC.
Uber provided the lead. TLC licenses the driver and cab.
Let the judge sort it out.

tbob1

Thats UBERTAXI, i love how the media just throws the uber name around, they used the app to hail a NYC cab, uber gets no money from uber taxi as they pay the driver directly..They should be going after the NYC TLC but that would be hard i assume.
You are a wealth of misinformation man. The fare and a 20% tip goes directly on the riders credit card! Have a nice day!

uber genesis

give yourself a high five, Mr information man. you know the now current pay process BRAVO

your unimportant update does not change the major aspects of the case billybob

Cheers

Last edited: