• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Loading zone

leelmk

Hi folks

Does anyone have an idea to get permit for loading zone parking. I heard about this with annual payment.
I have started good income this morning then just got penalty in 60second to park in loading zone. So i earn nothing so far today since I started early morning :frown:

Last edited:

HomerPigeon

How did you get a ticket in a loading zone? Were you not sitting in your car? But keen to hear what the rule is for future reference.

DEvok

NO STOPPING ok, NO STANDING ok, LOADING ZONE ok, TAXI and POLICE ZONE as well! wtf?

There is literally no where to drop off/pick up in reality besides the parking zones which are full 100% occupied. This is why I refuse to work day shifts besides the point you do make less, no rangers late night, and cops care less during then, better chances working late hours.

Tell us oh mighty wise one where to drop off because any of these places if a cop/ranger will fine your shiny ass.

Last edited:

HomerPigeon

Have to admit I work the northern beaches / hills district. Not a lot of need to use loading zones but I want to know exactly what we can and can't do in terms of loading zones. Is it 'illegal' to temporarily park in a loading zone while you remain in the car? Technically you are loading something... A pax.

arvinder06

Have to admit I work the northern beaches / hills district. Not a lot of need to use loading zones but I want to know exactly what we can and can't do in terms of loading zones. Is it 'illegal' to temporarily park in a loading zone while you remain in the car? Technically you are loading something... A pax.
I like the last line you wrote. :smiles:

Jack Malarkey

Does anyone have an idea to get permit for loading zone parking. I heard about this with annual payment.
We have loading zone permits in Canberra (ACT) where you pay $209 for the right for a year to park a standard car with private registration for 10 minutes at a time when loading and unloading goods for a business including food delivery (such as Uber Eats).

I haven’t heard of something similar in New South Wales but there may be.

Maddo

I believe it is legal only to pick-up or drop off in a loading zone. No parking or no leaving vehicle unattended unless you drive a commercial vehicle. Basically, you need to be in and out pdq. Simple really.

UberRambo

Why is it so hard for people to understand?

The only places you can stop is a legal car space, or a NO PARKING sign.

Legally you can’t stop anywhere else.

I often look for a Postal Zone as the fine is less if you get caught.

Fact is, if you drive Uber around the CBD you have to accept the reality you will be stopping in NO STOPPING zones.

I’m sure we’ve all done hundreds/ thousands of illegal pickup/ drop offs and will continue to do so...

Just look very hard for the rangers as you are pulling up..

UberTopGun

It is pretty clear & and straight forward here in NSW.
LOADING ZONE is finite & only for certain vehicles such as:

Station Wagons

Definition of Station Wagon is a variant of the original motor car sedan in which is the Wagon/Estate/Utility variant

Example Holden Commodore car has the Equivalent in Wagon/Estate/Ute SHAPE.

e.g. Ford Falcon Same.

e.g. Mercedes Benz Same.

e.g. Toyota Camry Wagon; Mitsubishi Wagon; Bmw Wagon; VW Wagon
The List goes on

However BE VERY AWARE you can NOT park SUV + 4wd vehicles in Loading Zones!
Captiva; Range Rover; Land Cruiser; Rav4; Crv; Hrv; ML; GL; XC
Again the list goes on of these that will receive an infringement fine for illegal parking.

Lorries; Vans; Tautliners & certain capacity Rigids are Loading Zone approved.

Wagons are allowed to stay for 15 minutes with the printed out free 15 minute ticket displayed.

Lorries; Vans; MR are allowed to stay 30 minutes, provided the free 30 minute ticket is displayed.
And do Not fall for this misconception that if you register your for example Holden Captiva for Business you have some notion you can park in Loading Zones - then you are sorly & financially mistaken!
You are wasting your money & WILL be Fined if you park in a load zone.
It is clear cut & is NOT ambiguous, Parking Enforcement officers have all the correct info at their disposal.
And all this bs about being able to purchase a load zone permit is a fallacy!

Last edited:

RustaSam

NO STOPPING ok, NO STANDING ok, LOADING ZONE ok, TAXI and POLICE ZONE as well! wtf?

There is literally no where to drop off/pick up in reality besides the parking zones which are full 100% occupied. This is why I refuse to work day shifts besides the point you do make less, no rangers late night, and cops care less during then, better chances working late hours.

Tell us oh mighty wise one where to drop off because any of these places if a cop/ranger will fine your shiny ass.
No parking. 2 minutes 3 meters legaly

Mulder99

Why is it so hard for people to understand?

The only places you can stop is a legal car space, or a NO PARKING sign.

Legally you can’t stop anywhere else.

I often look for a Postal Zone as the fine is less if you get caught.

Fact is, if you drive Uber around the CBD you have to accept the reality you will be stopping in NO STOPPING zones.

I’m sure we’ve all done hundreds/ thousands of illegal pickup/ drop offs and will continue to do so...

Just look very hard for the rangers as you are pulling up..

All of you really are so confused,

No stopping means just that

Loading zones - you can stop to pickup or set down passengers

No parking zones - 2 minutes , stay within 3 meters can pickup or

Mailbox - you can pickup or dropoff , only stand alone mail box, no dedicated mail zones

Maddo

All of you really are so confused,

No stopping means just that

Loading zones - you can stop to pickup or set down passengers

No parking zones - 2 minutes , stay within 3 meters can pickup or

Mailbox - you can pickup or dropoff , only stand alone mail box, no dedicated mail zones
Spot on, just rechecked NSW parking laws dated May 2019. It very clearly states that any vehicle can stop to pickup or set down a passenger in a Loading zone. Hopefully the end of all the confusing and incorrect information.

Nüber2

SUVS are allowed to park in loading zones.

I've spoken to a ranger in Parramatta a while back. Also just googled this article.

I checked my rego papers as I just took a pic for Ola, and my SUV (Subaru XV) is classified as a wagon.

Last edited:

UberRambo

I wouldn’t stop in the loading zone.

We ‘may be allowed to’, but there is a fine for stopping in a loading zone.

Don’t want to risk the drama.. Disputing fines etc..

Just like the Council Ranger in North Sydney busting people stopping in the clearway. Apparently we are allowed to stop in the clearway, but the rangers will issue a ticket and I wouldn’t rely on getting off..

UberTopGun

This whole thread has members talking about either:

Just Stopping;
Picking pax up;
Dropping pax off;
Lay-up (doing paperwork / sms) brief stop;
Actual parking out of veh for 15 minutes;
Actual parking out of veh for 30 minutes
and this talk of trying to buy load zone permits in NSW.

So you need to be specific in what you are trying to relay.

Any road; street; lane; freeway; clearway; path; footpath; driveway etc etc etc
You will be able to get away with and PROVIDED YOU ARE SUPER QUICK Enough to drop or pick up people anywhere in Australia again provided you are super fast & your tIming is perfect and Not align with an enforcement officer at exact time with camera.

If you are talking about ACTUAL PARKING & Getting out of your vehicle for a period of time THEN YES the regulations come into play.

But while your on duty doing rideshare work - this would Not apply, unless you're wanting to get out of your car to do "A Number 2" business.

Oh by the way Mr @Nüber2
try parking your SUV In King or Castleragh or SYD CBD Load Zone and PUT IT TO THE TEST old chap!!

I have been in the Airfreight / Courier / Transportation industry since 1984
I've had PRIVATE; Company; Corporate; Government vehicles and been in every type of parking space labelled.
LOADING ZONES & LOADING DOCKS are like the blood in our veins for drivers in this industry.

An example
A colleague using a Holden Captiva LTZ with all the seats folded down & a very large heavy duty trolley in the back on display, with Aust Post empty delivery tubs inside, the tailgate open, and Proper Company courier Livery & Decals labelled over sides of Captiva's sides
He STILL COPPED & GOT FINED for being in the Loading Zone.

Please by all means @Nüber2 park your SUV In a Loading Zone!!

As for you other forum member folks,
If you are talking about just dropping off or picking up pax in loading zones then YES go for your life ALL GOOD!!