Loading/ unloading luggage for pax?

MichaelMax

I always do that. Just seems like the nice thing to do, and geeze, if we are too lazy to get out of the car for our only opportunity for some exercise while we are doing this, that seems pretty damn lazy to me. Besides, I'm sure it helps a little for tips too.
However now with corona, it's something else that we are touching without being able to wash our hands. I would feel pretty lazy to stand there and not help people with their luggage especially women.
Have you guys thought about this?

Last edited:

I help. They were already in my car, breathing, so what the heck.
This. If it's going to happen it could be from anywhere in addition to one rollerbag handle. I just went to Chipotle and realized / made note of how many things I touched: The door handle, railing, rested my hands on the counter, the credit card reader, and the two/three people I interacted with touched my food - and probably more in the kitchen..

There's no way to know, so best practice is to be mindful of touching your face, wash hands, and for me l'll wipe my car's interior down more often I guess.

That's why I don't understand canceling conventions either. These aren't swingers parties, it's just a random people intermingling socially like they do every day already. If one person has it and they're standing at or visiting booths and meeting peers - I'd posit the number of people they interact with isn't much greater than the same person working retail for 2-3 days at Cherry Creek mall, shopping for groceries, then out with friends and spending time with roommates at home.

idk. Never planned to go on a cruise and definitely never going now.

got a p

I always do that. Just seems like the nice thing to do, and geeze, if we are too lazy to get out of the car for our only opportunity for some exercise while we are doing this, that seems pretty damn lazy to me. Besides, I'm sure it helps a little for tips too.
However now with corona, it's something else that we are touching without being able to wash our hands. I would feel pretty lazy to stand there and not help people with their luggage especially women.
Have you guys thought about this?
let them handle their own bags for now, if they are old maybe break out some gloves. you can get gloves at the dollar store and using a pair only when the pax are old or feeble would not be a large amount of your airport rides so not a big loss there. keep a ziplock bag and put them in there until you find a garbage.

Daisey77

let them handle their own bags for now, if they are old maybe break out some gloves. you can get gloves at the dollar store and using a pair only when the pax are old or feeble would not be a large amount of your airport rides so not a big loss there. keep a ziplock bag and put them in there until you find a garbage.
I stopped by Starbucks on the way home today. Every worker in there is wearing gloves as a level of protection. They also have signed hanging up at the drive-thru saying they are not accommodating refillable cups for the time being

AtSki

On the top of my existing sanitizing agents in my truck (Purell hand sanitizer + 7th Generation Organic Sanitizing wipes + Unscented Ozium + a box of 100 of Nitrile gloves, etc.) since many years, I recently added some extra precautions because of this Corona virus outbreak business.

I have ordered a gallon of bulk hand sanitizer from an online bulk pharma wholesaler and added some essential oils like organic Tea Tree oil and organic Lavander oil in it to re-fill my pump Purell in the truck.

I have also ordered from some military supply wholesaler of a four packs of sealed first aid combat kits including a 3M/N95 masks in each sealed bag and keep two in the trunk along with my essentials (can’t name them on a public forum) of other items which I keep them my the truck at all times even way before Corona business.

I always do my loadings and unloadings myself. I never let pax to load or unload anything. Because, first, they don’t know how to properly load bags and luggages in the trunk.

Second, they scratch the interior by pulling their oversized and overweight crap!

Also, the trunk lid is automatic open/close with a single button. None of them knows where the button is to close the trunk, so they slam the trunk lid with their full power which destroys the trunk suspensions over time when slammed manually.

I am even prepared for zombie-apocalypse. F the Pax! Lol

Last edited:

Daisey77

LOL, the shuttle bus drivers are already driving around like zombies
They are such jerks.
That reminds me. I had what I thought was a shuttle driving pretty aggressively behind me this morning, downtown. he was riding my ass so bad I couldn't see his headlights or even the glowing of the headlights. He kept flashing his lights at me and honking his horn the second the light turned green, etc. Just being a jerk. Anyways when he finally passed me , it was not a shuttle driver. It was in fact a Lyft scooter Van Driver!🤦

Frontier Guy

Those Lyft scooter van drivers are super aggressive, they have their office on 49th and Ivy over by UPS, I regularly see them running red lights and stop signs.

Daisey77

Those Lyft scooter van drivers are super aggressive, they have their office on 49th and Ivy over by UPS, I regularly see them running red lights and stop signs.
After five years of driving I might have just found my motivation to get a dash cam😁

i thought i was the only one. for me it's just because i've grown to dislike cameras so much. they are everywhere, so creepy...
Read some of the articles about Ring Camera's partnerships with local police departments. I have two on my property and love them, but the potential (and some of the stuff they're already doing)is really overreaching. And the fact that Ring is giving talking points and funding this at a local government level is not appropriate - IMO.