Load of crap.

LevelX

It won't happen. Uber is making money from it as well and want the riders to be ready so Uber will maximize there earnings
Don't kid yourself Tom..... Its happened overseas in the states in many area. It will happen here once paxs complain enough, uber will remove it to keep them happy.

At the end of the day Uber makes money either way. Today they make money on the cancel fee, once its removed you as the driver then need to make a choice. Cancel the trip for nothing or wait? Guess what will happen. Drivers will wait and Uber still makes money of the fare.

The wait limit should be 3 mins.
It can be whatever you like. You can cancel after 3 mins today, you just don't get paid for it!

Yep till they remove the cancel fees in melb
Its a tough one..... you have invested time/money in getting to the job, so how long do you wait for a crappy pax.... 2 mins or 3 or 5 or 10!? I guess it will depend on the time of the day and what is happening out there and the surge rate of the job.

Tom2828

Uber cancel the cancellation fee because of competition. Here it will take years to have competition.

Melbourne is very small market

Tom2828

Not that small..... Ubereats was released here before Sydney and Melbourne was one of the first markets to get Ubereats outside of the USA.
It's not good example.

Anyway competitor should invest lot'sof money to sign up drivers and riders before he will make money

Tom2828

sure tom..... whatever you think.
The fact is that there is no competition here (lift,grabcab or any other companies that operates overseas) so probably they think the same.

Regarding the food delivery, it has more money than in the transport, it's different industry and food delivery in Melbourne is very new and not so common like overseas so Uber doing smart move to try to take over it now.

Also you start in small market first to see how it is going

UXDriver

If they remove cancel fees, drivers would just arrive at pin, and if no one is there, bye... I wouldn't bother to wait at all. They better be toes on the curb or off I go.
If you have driven 1 to 4km you may as well wait and call the customer.

While driving off is nice tou may need to drive another 1 to 4km for customer 2....

sporadic

True. But for me that's because I would usually hang around inner city. So no point hanging around when the next ping should be a pretty short distance away.
If you have driven 1 to 4km you may as well wait and call the customer.

While driving off is nice tou may need to drive another 1 to 4km for customer 2....

LevelX

and food delivery in Melbourne is very new and not so common like overseas
Say what Tom? You think food delivery is NEW in Melbourne? Food has been delivered here for decades! Uber didn't just invent the concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom2828

Say what Tom? You think food delivery is NEW in Melbourne? Food has been delivered here for decades! Uber didn't just invent the concept.
Read what I said. Compare to other places it's new and not so good.

Uber didn't invent any concept expect surge price and fare cut

Tom2828

Mate food has been home delivered in Melbourne for 20+ years.... I really don't know what your concept of 'new' is if you think its new here.

Cool, if you happy with the food delivery here it's fine, you have no clue what I'm talking about...

LevelX

How can you not be happy? You order food, it arrives. But go on Tom, explain to me what I'm missing.