1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Living expenses forever on the rise

Discussion in 'Brisbane' started by Instyle, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Instyle

Instyle Moderator

Thought I'd kick off a thread about your general everyday living expenses like Electricity, Gas, Rates, Water, Etc

It's seems every year the price of commodities are on the rise, with the financial year coming to a close many bills will likely come with a little note in miniature print about price rises and increases. What infrastructure or common bills are on the rise in your life?

Heres a couple of recent ones I've noticed;

• Due to changing wholesale energy costs and retailing costs your electricity prices will increase 1 Jul 16
    • I noticed Pay TV snuck a cheeky $1 increase about a month ago.
    Usually the GoVia network in Brisbane increases the tolls as well. Quote; Toll prices and fees are adjusted on 1 July each year, in line with the annual Brisbane Consumer Price Index (CPI)

With dwindling pay rates as consumers turn to contracted "gig workers" to complete tasks at much lower reduced rates, how are you staying afloat?

bruber and Modern-Day-Slavery like this.
  2. Modern-Day-Slavery

Modern-Day-Slavery

Driving:
    UberX
    Here's how to cut expenses if you're an Uber driver or gig worker:

• close your Netflix and Stan accounts and pirate movies or watch ABC IView for free instead.

• Tell your internet/insurance/utility provider that you want to move your account. They will transfer you to the cancellation prevention department and usually offer you a better rate/deal to retain you as a customer. If you don't do this you are paying the complacent customer tax.

• Buy a fuel tank and keep it in your boot. Fill up when petroleum prices are on the down cycle.

3. Instyle

Instyle Moderator

I've been trying to cancel Foxtel for years LOL

If I ever get time to watch TV, without fail there is nothing on the movie channels so I got into a bad habit of spending $30-50 on DVD/Blu-rays every time I went to the store, so Stan has kind of saved me money.

Modern-Day-Slavery likes this.
  4. Modern-Day-Slavery

Modern-Day-Slavery

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh I forgot to mention that Spotify and Apple Music streaming had to go for me too

5. Modern-Day-Slavery

Modern-Day-Slavery

Driving:
    UberX
    The impact of lower wages is that workers (consumers) will spend less and the economy will shrink. All that will be left is Walmart style shops selling junk and unhealthy foods. Sorry to sound doomsdayish

UXDriver likes this.
  6. Instyle

Instyle Moderator

The minute upside is the typical Uber hipster now has more money to spend on alcohol. The downside is people place a lower value on pratically all services performed by their fellow human beings.

7. Instyle

Instyle Moderator

Modern-Day-Slavery likes this.
  8. Modern-Day-Slavery

Modern-Day-Slavery

Driving:
    UberX
    All 'gig economy' workers will soon need one of these. Squeeze Eveery bit out. That last little bit of toothpaste is worth 15 minutes of Uber driving- and you certainly can't afford to see a dentist so get one of these.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

AlbertX likes this.