1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Live pic of an über driver getting cited at ewr

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by cooldude, Sep 11, 2015.

1. cooldude

cooldude

2. XUBERX

XUBERX

Driving:
    UberX
    I hate to be that uber driver.

3. what terminal and what level?

also, was he just standing or loading/unloading a pax?

4. cooldude

cooldude

Was on terminal B second level ( international arrival) the über driver had the passenger in the car and was ready to drive off when the cop stopped him, asked the passenger to get off the car ( the guy with red backpack in the following pic ) and wrote him citations.

I ve been picking up from ewr since March, never got caught so far, I only drive past terminals to pick a ping which I consider the hardest part once I get a request if my passenger is on terminal A I pick him from level 1 if my passenger at B or C, Parking lot is easy for both me and him. in and out with no charge.

Actually it's getting a bit easier to pick a ping at ewr, not that much TLC guys anymore. They got scared off by The amount of tickets PA wrote down lately.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Mr_Frenchie likes this.
  5. Isn’t there a level 3 at Terminal B for departure? That’s what I would tell the pax.

man, it doesn’t look busy at all and he got a ticket. What time was this?

6. cooldude

cooldude

Level 3 on terminal b is the international departure of most foreign companies. Level 2 of b is the arrival of international flights and departure of delta and virgin at the same time level 1 of terminal b is the arrival of delta domestic flights.

The cop was behind him couple doors but he saw him picking up and came running after him it was around 2 pm at the same time when I posted it

7. yeah you need to tell the pax to go to level 3 in terminal B.

8. Did passenger get in front or back seat?

9. NJDriver

NJDriver

I just looked at the passenger app and counted at least 50 Uber cars at the airport. Its slammed with cars as usual.

In fact every time over the last year I have looked even 3 am last night when no flights are coming in there are still Uber cars at the airport.

Nothing is going to scare them off.

Last year they brought in the Newark detectives and were impounding cars. Even shaking them down and taking their cars hasnt stopped the flow.

This particular Uber is hard to spot. Not a black car or a Camry, but a RAV4. These cops must make mistakes sometimes with regular pickups.

I saw 4 Black guys in an Audi get pulled over. They were pissed and the cops were accusing them of being Uber. The Black guys were shouting racism and stuff. It was a huge scene and embarassing for the cops. It was just someone picking up a buddy. The cops were scared hiding behind their doors. They see 4 huge Black guys and act like the @@@@@@@ they are hiding behind the car door. Come on out guys and talk to the guys you just pulled over. Nope hide behind the door, both of them and await backup. These guys looked like they could take on 8 cops.
    @@@@@@@!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    UberPal likes this.
  10. I bet the pax went in the back.

there’s no way if the pax went in the front for the PA to stop him for Ubering.

The guy is driving a RAV4. Very un-limo like.

11. observer

observer Moderator

Would YOU confront them?? :)

12. observer

observer Moderator

The cops probably noticed him because his rear was sticking out from curb.

13. I still wanna know if passenger got in front or back

14. NJDriver

NJDriver

Nope! I would not confront multiple large muscular guys, but its not my job. If it was my job I would be a man about it and approach them. Of course, I would only choose such a job if I had the physical ability to fight and had no fear. Many of these cops have a lot of fear and shouldnt be on the job. If you need backup to approach the guys you stopped you shouldnt have that badge. You should man up and approach them not cower behind a door waiting for your buddies because you are not much of a man to face them. Its only some angry Black dudes that you pissed off with a wrongful stop. Now face the people you stopped.

15. observer

observer Moderator

Lol, sometimes you have to assess the risks of getting your a** kicked and being a man.

About twenty four years ago I was on my way home with my wife and one year old son.

I pulled behind a couple cars at a red light and considered pulling around them by the curb to turn right.

I wasn't in a hurry so I decided to wait. All of a sudden I hear a bunch of honks behind me. I thought to myself, hell no I ain't moving now.

When I made the turn the car pulls next to me and the guys start cursing at me, I start flipping them off and cursing back. We go a couple blocks and they are following me honking.

I stop in the middle of the street open my door and act like I'm getting out of my car, they stop and three HUGE guys get out.

Lol, my mom didn't raise no dummy just as they get close to my car, I close my door and take off. They run back to the car and follow me, again I act like I'm getting out of my car, they get out again and I take off.

I did this one more time till they realized I was leading them to the Long Beach PD headquarters. :D

16. cooldude

cooldude

He was sitting in the back

17. Every story I hear,the people are in the back.I refuse to pick ppl up unless they sit in the front

PorkRollUberAndCheese likes this.
  18. JimS

JimS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I thought Uber was reimbursing citations if they wanted you to pick up illegally at an airport.

19. They do reimburse. The problem is, the tickets have a mandatory court appearance and there is an impound risk.

Lepke likes this.
  20. NJDriver

NJDriver

Im going to that mandatory court appearance soon and let you know how it goes. What happens is an attorney meets you there who negotiates the matter with the court, you pay the ticket and Uber reimburses you on next invoice.

Only city of Newark PD detectives impounded cars and the last I saw on this website was last year. PAPD are not known for impounding cars. Separate law enforcement agencies with similar jurisdiction.

In any event, I was at the airport yesterday and there is no shortage of Uber cars over there. Despite the ongoing threat of the police, Uber cars keep showing up. In fact one guy on here got his car impounded last year but still keeps goint back. I was laughing as I passed the Marriott. There were 5 Uber cars there lined up. Shaking my head, can you guys make it more obvious?