Little things Uber does that annoy me.

chideordie

All of these are relatively minor inconveniences, but still really annoying and makes our jobs harder. Just wanted to vent on some of this little things Uber does that annoy me:
  • Being placed "online" immediately after a trip ends. WHY do I have to play this game of trying to log-off ASAP to avoid getting unwanted requests?
  • "Do you want to keep driving?" prompt that pops up when going offline. YES, I'm sure I want to log off. Thank you very much.
  • Trip requests 10+ minutes away. It never works. Especially if you're in the city. I'm sitting at Augusta and Damen and I get a ping in Lakeview. Makes NO sense.
  • Guarantees are based on 80%+ acceptance rate. Yet, we can't track our acceptance rate in real-time.
  • Having to rate each rider. Yet, not being able to see rider ratings. WE used to be able to see rider ratings.

OC Lady Uber Driver

• I noticed the other day that now we are getting some weekly stats on the payment statement page besides earnings, but still no mileage driven totals.
  • Rider ratings are at the very bottom of all pax requests. It goes by fast.

Last edited:

Sure

• I noticed the other day that now we are getting some weekly stats on the payment statement page besides earnings, but still no mileage driven totals.
No, not in Chicago. They don't show us the rider ratings. It's blank in every case. Lyft still does, but not Uber. Really annoying.

AllenChicago

The more information that is "out there" regarding a passenger, the greater the potential for him/her being ignored by a driver. I expect Uber/Lyft to eventually remove the ability to call or text the passenger before pressing the "Arrived" button. Ignored potential passengers, or potential passengers who can only obtain a driver 15 minutes away, because the closer driver(s) are ignoring him/her, will request the ride from a competitor in a heartbeat.

Since Lyft and Uber want as many paying passengers as possible, removing barriers to them being picked up, has to be a top ongoing priority at headquarters.

WestSubDriver

I definitely have to second the going offline functionality. If I clicked, "offline", I really meant offline.

About a month ago I had the unfortunate experience of being sucked into a pickup from the Beyonce concert at Soldier Field. I should have just ignored it but was chasing Hourly Guarantee. Got in there ok to 18th and Prairie but getting out was a nightmare. Then the two young women only wanted to be driven 1.2 miles to a bar in Printers Row - took 25 minutes to drive that 1.2 miles - they could have walked there quicker!! The instant I swiped for ride completion, my phone blows up with another request and another. I literally hard booted my phone off and took some time to get out of there.

75drive

The pax rating is definitely not on my app at least not in Chicago! Last weekend I was driving to Wisconsin and turned the app on to see how far they'd let me go. I got a ping in Rockton (never heard of it!) and the app showed the pax rating 4.72.

OC Lady Uber Driver

So I finally was able to login to the partner app for the first time since Monday and I *think* they removed that oh so annoying going offline confirmation pop-up. And they added a new feature! Gas stations icons are appearing on the map.

75drive

So I finally was able to login to the partner app for the first time since Monday and I *think* they removed that oh so annoying going offline confirmation pop-up. And they added a new feature! Gas stations icons are appearing on the map.
My app still has the @@@@ing irritating message double checking if I really want to go offline. Yeah I'm @@@@ing sure that's why I hit the GO OFFLINE BUTTON!

WestSubDriver

The immediate requests upon ride completion drive me nuts. I play the Guarantee game and end up having to save up my declines until the end of the night to be on the safe side. I drive primarily suburbs and we don't get the volume of rides that the city gets so every acceptance matters until you have enough cushion to start declining. Case in point, this past weekend. Got a nice surge ride around bar closing time that I intended to make my last ride of the night. The instant I swipe for ride completion my phone blows up for a request which is 20 minutes away! There is no way I'm taking it so I let it go and then scramble to get offline asap. Earlier in the evening I had let a 15 minute request go, so I'm frantically doing the math in my head as to whether this just pooched my entire guarantee period. Oh, ain't it the life!

Tommy San

The immediate requests upon ride completion drive me nuts. I play the Guarantee game and end up having to save up my declines until the end of the night to be on the safe side. I drive primarily suburbs and we don't get the volume of rides that the city gets so every acceptance matters until you have enough cushion to start declining. Case in point, this past weekend. Got a nice surge ride around bar closing time that I intended to make my last ride of the night. The instant I swipe for ride completion my phone blows up for a request which is 20 minutes away! There is no way I'm taking it so I let it go and then scramble to get offline asap. Earlier in the evening I had let a 15 minute request go, so I'm frantically doing the math in my head as to whether this just pooched my entire guarantee period. Oh, ain't it the life!
That happens to me too, especially in the burbs. I just drive really slow in the direction of the pax. Stop, pull over, smoke a cigarette. Drive slow again. Stop and get gas and some chips. They will cancel eventually. If they cancel, it won't count against your guarantee.

seeded

Sitting at the O'hare staging lot for 45 minutes. Wait time. 0-10 minutes. Getting a pool ping. Ignoring it (as I should). A few minutes later getting (mAybe) the same damn pool ping. Upper level. Between terminals 1-2. Hesitating. Nah...Determined. Ignore it. (Again). As I should. A few seconds later I'm automatically logged off the platform. Log back in.

Damn.

Wait time. 48-68 minutes. [email protected]&$!!! You Uber!!!

bossr

All of these are relatively minor inconveniences, but still really annoying and makes our jobs harder. Just wanted to vent on some of this little things Uber does that annoy me:
  • Being placed "online" immediately after a trip ends. WHY do I have to play this game of trying to log-off ASAP to avoid getting unwanted requests?
  • "Do you want to keep driving?" prompt that pops up when going offline. YES, I'm sure I want to log off. Thank you very much.
  • Trip requests 10+ minutes away. It never works. Especially if you're in the city. I'm sitting at Augusta and Damen and I get a ping in Lakeview. Makes NO sense.
  • Guarantees are based on 80%+ acceptance rate. Yet, we can't track our acceptance rate in real-time.
  • Having to rate each rider. Yet, not being able to see rider ratings. WE used to be able to see rider ratings.
Yep, starting a new week out on a guarantee yesterday. Nav button stuck, drop off pax, trip request comes in on that Lil nav button, still stuck could not accept request. Request times out, I don't know if it were a pool or what. I immediately start sending messages through help. So I had to work through the rest of the night on edge wondering if the guarantee was blown. Can't get any answers on questions to help desk. Have to wait 1 week to find out out! Great start to a new week!

U for Uber

That happens to me too, especially in the burbs. I just drive really slow in the direction of the pax. Stop, pull over, smoke a cigarette. Drive slow again. Stop and get gas and some chips. They will cancel eventually. If they cancel, it won't count against your guarantee.
This is a known, solid strategy for hourly guarantees. I do similar to what you do, but I just don't move, car off and wait. This burns time for more potential pings and serves the main purpose for hourly G, which is drive less and earn more. And if they start calling, just text them "On my way" :biggrin:

U for Uber

Sitting at the O'hare staging lot for 45 minutes. Wait time. 0-10 minutes. Getting a pool ping. Ignoring it (as I should). A few minutes later getting (mAybe) the same damn pool ping. Upper level. Between terminals 1-2. Hesitating. Nah...Determined. Ignore it. (Again). As I should. A few seconds later I'm automatically logged off the platform. Log back in.

Damn.

Wait time. 48-68 minutes. [email protected]&$!!! You Uber!!!
Look on the bright side, someone will eat up that pool ride now :biggrin:

Charlie86

#1 on the list

Uber loves to treat me as an employee only when it suits them and when its something that I need help on I am an Independent contractor.

So it seems as though people from the burbs are still gettung offered guarantees and city drivers are getting boost incentives.Is this accurate?

SMH Uber

So it seems as though people from the burbs are still gettung offered guarantees and city drivers are getting boost incentives.Is this accurate?
Not so. I'm a burbanite and I only get boost.

It's throw a dart in the sky (not even a board) logic for uber on who gets what.