1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Little pleasures.."You dropped something"

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by HPClays, Feb 21, 2017.

1. HPClays

HPClays

Driving:
    UberX
    Last night a beloved passenger started eating directly behind me. Since I could hear it crunching (meaning crumbs), in my kindest tone, I said, "please do not eat in my vehicle. I don't have time to clean between passengers." She said, "Sorry and I hear wrappers crumpling up."

After dropping the pax off, I see a granola bar wrapper on the seat, so I beep the horn and call out the window that she dropped something. She walks back to the vehicle and I reach out and put her trash in her hand.

Then I thanked her for not littering!

2. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Moderator

Driving:
    Lyft
    smh. I don't get why people do this. Especially women. MOST women carry a purse. Was her purse so packed the granola bar wrapper would not have fit in her purse? :confused:

3. Jagent

Jagent Moderator

She'll probably report you for inappropriate conduct. Lol

4. The expression must have been priceless

5. HPClays

HPClays

Driving:
    UberX
    There was an audible sigh and a millennial slouch involves

DeplorableDonald likes this.
  6. roadman

roadman

not sure what is wrong with some of these people. I always find little wrappers and crap left behind sometimes a few pax later.

NITWITone and TahoeAl like this.
  7. Correct...I picked up 4 GW students and let me wait until the last girl showed up eating ice cream and sat in front. I told the lady not to mess and spill the ice cream in my seat. She replied back that she is not a baby and knows how to eat ice cream..I knew they will rate me bad..at the end of the ride, of course, 1 star for these women..after 15 minutes, I checked my rating and I was reported for professionalism...sucks!

DeplorableDonald likes this.
  8. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Ice cream? ....not in my car. Still, if you allowed it, what you do is report them to Uber for eating messy food in your car after you asked them not to do it. If you can get to Uber before the customer can, Uber tends to believe you. Uber tends to believe whoever gets to them first.

HPClays likes this.
  9. My bad...it was surging at that time so I didn't have time to report..they got to uber first before I did

10. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Actually, it was not "[your] bad". If it were surging, you let go the bad report and one star slide and go earn some scratch. Profits first, everything else later; except when ya' gotta' go, in that case, ya' gotta' go--that trumps everything. It is one reason of several why I call the WC The Bastion of Our Democracy, as it is The Great Leveller.

You did the correct thing. Take the surge ping and let the chips fall where they may.

OnWheels and DeplorableDonald like this.
  11. roadman

roadman

Never picked up at gw and never will.