Limited uber category for drivers in boston

Bostonken

Boston is among the top uber cities however compare to the other top cities like New York , Los Angeles , San Francisco , Seattle , Chicago we lack uber service variety such us uber select , uber eat , uber rush also uber doesn't accept any new uber black or suv so we are stuck only with cheap X and xL. Any body has opinion about this ?

Last edited:

BostonTaxiDriver

Maybe Uber feels our large student population won't order at Select or Black prices? But we have enough professionals in the city and burbs to compensate.

And wouldn't Eats be popular with students and yuppies? That's what puzzles me. Not sure what it is, but a competitor to DoorDash and Postmates?

And, on an unrelated note, why has UberTaxi never expanded beyond the limited cities it offers? You'd think they'd love a presence in L.A., Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Philly, Seattle, Houston and other large cities. Hmmm...

Golfermack

Limited uber service in Boston?
Not at all. Uber services the paxs, not the drivers. Uber provides Uberpool, UberX, XL, black, SUV and uber taxi for their customers.

Atlwarrior

Uber should have kept Uber X car requirements and rates higher. Many good people have left Uber X and now it's a revolving door of too many new and bad drivers. XL should have remained SUV and Select should have remained Black. Greed and the rate cut and lower car requirements of Uber X has Uber in a constant circus of trying to find new drivers from constant turnovers. Too bad investors don't know the full truth.

Last edited:

Bostonken

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Limited uber service in Boston?
Not at all. Uber services the paxs, not the drivers. Uber provides Uberpool, UberX, XL, black, SUV and uber taxi for their customers.
This is not the pax forum. It is for drivers. I don't care about pax. We are discussing drivers experience.

Bostonken

Maybe Uber feels our large student population won't order at Select or Black prices? But we have enough professionals in the city and burbs to compensate.

And wouldn't Eats be popular with students and yuppies? That's what puzzles me. Not sure what it is, but a competitor to DoorDash and Postmates?

And, on an unrelated note, why has UberTaxi never expanded beyond the limited cities it offers? You'd think they'd love a presence in L.A., Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Philly, Seattle, Houston and other large cities. Hmmm...

I agree with you. Students are the force behind uber growth in Boston area. We feel their absence in summer and winter brakes, and most of them budget oriented. However Boston is among highest income cities in the country and you could thought there would be demand for uber select and other service. I think Boston has the small city mentality and it is not a world class cosmopolitan like San Francisco.

Golfermack

This is not the pax forum. It is for drivers. I don't care about pax. We are discussing drivers experience.
In case you haven't noticed, anyone can participate in this forum, and have.

But that's another subject. Try to stay on topic. You stated, "Limited uber service in Boston". My point is, Uber doesn't provide a service for drivers, they provide a service for passengers.

Uber also provides opportunities for employment and work (such as drivers).

Bostonken

In case you haven't noticed, anyone can participate in this forum, and have.

But that's another subject. Try to stay on topic. You stated, "Limited uber service in Boston". My point is, Uber doesn't provide a service for drivers, they provide a service for passengers.

Uber also provides opportunities for employment and work (such as drivers).
No you wrong again. Everybody can participate but we are discussing drivers issue. Don't waste this thread by non sense comments. Get COMMON sense and stay of out my way as I have no use for some one like you.

UberGuyMike

"Stay out of my way". That's actually a laughable response. When someone doesn't agree with you or wants to provide a different perspective, that's a ridiculous way of handling the situation.

Uber is clearly all about increasing their market share, and making the most money for the company. If they don't offer these services you mentioned, they clearly don't think it's worthwhile financially to do so. It's not that Boston is a lesser city than San Fran!

For me (and I'd bet a lot of other people) my car wouldn't qualify for the higher tier service, and I wouldn't go out and buy one that did, so not having these services isn't a big deal to me.

Bostonken

"Stay out of my way". That's actually a laughable response. When someone doesn't agree with you or wants to provide a different perspective, that's a ridiculous way of handling the situation.

Uber is clearly all about increasing their market share, and making the most money for the company. If they don't offer these services you mentioned, they clearly don't think it's worthwhile financially to do so. It's not that Boston is a lesser city than San Fran!

For me (and I'd bet a lot of other people) my car wouldn't qualify for the higher tier service, and I wouldn't go out and buy one that did, so not having these services isn't a big deal to me.
since you are new member several months ago I had discussion with golfermack to the point that moderator had to step in and deleted many of his comments. So there is negative history and some point become personal and it has nothing to do with having different opinion. That is why I started this thread to ask people opinion which few shared but his comments had no relevant to my tread
I was asking about different uber choice for drivers not consumers. And yes this is my opinion I think San Francisco is much more cosmopolitan than boston. You may not agree with me but this has lot to do with way companies offer their service in different cities. Local culture and economy. Boston is very liberal city but in also very consecutive in social issues. You may have older car but many uber x drivers have late model entry level luxury car that could be in uber select category because uber x in boston equal minimum wage most of times.

Last edited:

Golfermack

I did laugh when I read it.

I don't even remember what my comments were several months ago, that apparently has him upset. I certainly didn't have them in mind when I made my comments in this thread.

Golfermack

No you wrong again. Everybody can participate but we are discussing drivers issue. Don't waste this thread by non sense comments. Get COMMON sense and stay of out my way as I have no use for some one like you.
My original post in this thread was for all members of the forum. Do you have a problem with me expressing my opinion to them?

IMO, your original thread title, and the comments in your first post, didn't make sense. Your revised title makes a little more sense.

Uber provides Uberpool, UberX, XL, Black, SUV and Uber taxi categories for drivers in Boston. What more do you want?

Bostonken

My original post in this thread was for all members of the forum. Do you have a problem with me expressing my opinion to them?

IMO, your original thread title, and the comments in your first post, didn't make sense. Your revised title makes a little more sense.

Uber provides Uberpool, UberX, XL, Black, SUV and Uber taxi categories for drivers in Boston. What more do you want?
I changed thread title since it made you so confused. It seems you are the only who is confused and lost in translation. For you I recommend Ernest Hemingway old man and the sea it will sharpen your mind when you read my thread.

Bostonken

I did laugh when I read it.

I don't even remember what my comments were several months ago, that apparently has him upset. I certainly didn't have them in mind when I made my comments in this thread.
I always laugh at your extraordinary analytical skill In This site. You are a truly masterful debater. Comedy of error do you know the author ? Read it it will sharpen your mind.

Last edited:

Golfermack

I changed thread title since it made you so confused.
I wasn't confused. I know the difference between Uber service and Uber category. So, I explained it to you and others. I'm glad to see you caught on and changed the title.

But, please tell us what category you want from Uber?

Bostonken

I wasn't confused. I know the difference between Uber service and Uber category. So, I explained it to you and others. I'm glad to see you caught on and changed the title.

But, please tell us what category you want from Uber?
More choices for drivers such uber select since they don't accept any new uber black. Maybe uber rush and eat. Anything that help drivers make little more money as uber X in Boston is becoming increasingly tight with new drivers and in Boston is very seasonal. There is only 5 or 6 good month.

maui

Get a clue. Boston is a PIT! A Ghetto. A 3rd rate city. Now ignorant New Englanders like to think the city is world class, but when you look at the corrupt politicians, the laughable Olympics bid (would have crippled the city), the failed Formula One race, being a Bostonian for most people is as appealing as licking a sweaty armpit of a 300lb construction worker who has not showered in a week. It is a classless city that over estimates its value and overrun by maggot students and Euro Trash BU flakes.

Uber Black? Not surprising that this program has been mothballed given how racist Beantown is.

Uber Select? Please... If Black is not going to fly, why the hell would select which is basically a more open Uber Black fly?

Boston is a cheap, pathetic pit, overrun by egotistical morons who still think Ted Kennedy was something else than a coward and drunk driving killer.

Bow down and KISS Pocahontas' feet... Uber Select... Seriously. You are funny.

I was born and raised in this hell hole of a pit. It is a 3rd class city at best

Gung-Ho

Get a clue. Boston is a PIT! A Ghetto. A 3rd rate city. Now ignorant New Englanders like to think the city is world class, but when you look at the corrupt politicians, the laughable Olympics bid (would have crippled the city), the failed Formula One race, being a Bostonian for most people is as appealing as licking a sweaty armpit of a 300lb construction worker who has not showered in a week. It is a classless city that over estimates its value and overrun by maggot students and Euro Trash BU flakes.

Uber Black? Not surprising that this program has been mothballed given how racist Beantown is.

Uber Select? Please... If Black is not going to fly, why the hell would select which is basically a more open Uber Black fly?

Boston is a cheap, pathetic pit, overrun by egotistical morons who still think Ted Kennedy was something else than a coward and drunk driving killer.

I was born and raised in this hell hole of a pit. It is a 3rd class city at best
I gave you a like for your moxie vigor and forthrightedness. Don't blame the city for some of the aforementioned wingnuts that inhabit it.

BostonTaxiDriver

Caution:. long passage ahead:

Wow...I am not from here but here 99% of my adult life. Despite petty complaints , I realize how lucky I am to live, and drive a cab through -- this "great" city. I actually grow jaded with all the positive comments about Boston-Cambridge from taxi pax over the years. I simply thank them, say I'm not from here, and say I'll let the native Bostonians know about their positive vibes.

I tell them some (many?) Bostonians think it's the "greatest city in the world, baby!" Yep, the locals can get obnoxious, and the sports teams' success only amplifies it all, but...to many here and in the region, there's no better place to live and play. There's a reason it's expensive for housing. And many here actually look down on most other areas (and people?) of the country... don't we? Believe me, I've lived here awhile and know how some here think we're "the best and the brightest."

I've lived many places outside the region while in my youth, and regularly research many places around the country for possible relocation, and talk to visitors in the cab -- and I realize how good it is to live in the Boston/New England area, despite high housing costs.

I realize one may argue these local boosters are folks who don't travel, but many experienced travellers, worldwide, are truly impressed with Boston.

They like our (smallish) downtown which is quite nice and usually clean and safe. In fact, I feel bad when I then have to disappoint them by saying most of the city is not as nice or interesting.". "Gentrified" Southie and parts of other desirable neighborhoods are still dumpy and gritty in most parts. Quincy, my locale, save for small pockets, isn't that impressive, although liveable and on the rise. Parts of Cambridge and Somerville still look dumpy! Parts of Arlington, Belmont and Waltham aren't impressive....same with parts of Everett, Revere, Roslindale, JP, Dorchester, Roxbury, Hyde Park, Charlestown, etc. But wow, many visitors seem to drool over the city, not seeing all parts. The parts I just offended aren't truly bad, just not impressive in all pockets. We learn this by driving professionally, seeing most areas, places that the wowed visitors and long-tine locals may not have time or interest in seeing.

However, my recent Seattle pax just loved the tourist parts of Boston, saying it's a beautiful city. I brought them for night photos of the Bunker Hill Monument and Monument Avenue with gas lights leading up toward the Monument, Warren Tavern lighted up, then Acorn Street on Beacon Hill with the cobblestones, American Flag and gas lanterns making for a memorable photo. The photographer pax was giddy with awe.

Do you all really think it's a subpar city? It's certainly better than most cities according to visitors (and many prideful locals). Yes, it is parochial according to some (including many locals), but is that always a bad thing?

True, I do get the occasional tourist in the cab who is not impressed with the city or the people, but not that often.

Heck, I'd love to live and drive Uber in Chicago. Most consider it a great city, but I'd be afraid of driving in big chunks of the city at night. It's fun to visit, but would you really want to Uber there at night? Once you're outside the great downtown and some of the fun northside neighborhoods, it's somewhat third world, no?

A friend born here, but who left at age 8 before returning in his 20s and now near 60 years of age, shocked me the other day. When I mentioned how lucky I am to live near Boston, he actually said it's likely not in the top 10 of U.S. cities. Wow.

To each his own...