• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Like it or Not - Uber is winning

Lookingaround

Local offices are closing down.. feel sorry for them tbh.

95% of the customers I have picked from the local office has said they have Uber, and they all say "OMG, Uber is sooo cheap".

Now BC's will say don't work for them.. well we don't have any other choice - they have got 90% of the customers and they have your customers too.

Also BC - don't talk shit.. You lot's earnings are down as well.

Bettysmalls

95% of the customers I have picked from the local office has said they have Uber, and they all say "OMG, Uber is sooo cheap".

Now BC's will say don't work for them.. well we don't have any other choice - they have got 90% of the customers and they have your customers too.

Our earnings are down , but that's not all uber , it's down to night tube and there's no one's out the streets are quiet, hotels and restaurants are as well . It's called the kipper and it hits everyone.

Faz Faz

Our earnings are down , but that's not all uber , it's down to night tube and there's no one's out the streets are quiet, hotels and restaurants are as well . It's called the kipper and it hits everyone.
Earnings will continually fall. Why fight a battle you cannot win? PH all the way!

real taxi bod

Well said Sir. Mr Mister thinks otherwise. Apparently BC has never been busier...pure and utter bullcrap coming out of someone who loves to grab land illegally.
Taz, I never knowingly lie, work is pretty good, still not near the levels of 2006-2007, but we now have to use the apps to a larger degree.
I can see cabbies that only do street and station work might struggle at times.
Average hourly rates are up on previous years although we are paying slightly more commission than we used too.
Hope this helps.

Earnings will continually fall. Why fight a battle you cannot win? PH all the way!
Taz mate you're just plain wrong!!

Faz Faz

I reckon you've not been in PH game for 10 years fazzer, net earnings have been dropping steadily since 2007, poober just made it a bit worse.

PH earnings down 40%, that's a big chunk and the brighter drivers are either out already or looking for a way out.
I'm a new PT PH, although you may say earnings are down, I'd say hang in there cos once those THUGS are out the light will be shining a lot brighter.

real taxi bod

Says the man who couldn't get a black cab the other day because it was busy. Lol

Faz Faz

Taz, I never knowingly lie, work is pretty good, still not near the levels of 2006-2007, but we now have to use the apps to a larger degree.
I can see cabbies that only do street and station work might struggle at times.
Average hourly rates are up on previous years although we are paying slightly more commission than we used too.
Hope this helps.

Taz mate you're just plain wrong!!
Who is Taz? I don't claim to be an imposter BTW.

babasanfur

Well London is a huge market and there's always a fair share for all if they play fair

Uber on the other hand plays dirty that's why I you and everyone else wish them dissolved

Hogster

I'm a new PT PH, although you may say earnings are down, I'd say hang in there cos once those THUGS are out the light will be shining a lot brighter.
Well Taz Faz, the days of making a £200 or £300 clear net profit on part time have gone.
It's very likely with the high insurance & fuel costs that on an Annual basis, you will not be making any profit at all.

I did 5 years full time and 25 part time and I would have carried on if it was worth it but my income & expense spreadsheets don't tell lies

You're better off as a volunteer driver at the local hospital

mrkoma2012

Uber is in a war against itself......

Apart from week 2 of Feb which was a bit slow it's been steady.

My brother got off to Stansted from the Liver tonight at about 6pm.....were the trains down ?
Was lucky to get pleasant young couple to stanstead earlier