1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Lighting up the Mary Jane on a Select Ride

Discussion in 'Stories' started by X Drive LV, Jan 9, 2017.

1. X Drive LV

X Drive LV New Member

I had this older gentleman request Uber Select in Summerlin from this house that I thought was a hotel it was so massive. I'm taking him to a high-end steakhouse near LVBLVD, and this gentleman is complaining about his grand kids most of the ride, the people who influence them. How terrible our culture has gotten, and how much he misses the 1950s, when people kept their vices to themselves, and "did their debauchery behind closed doors" or something like that.

He has a specific route he wants me to take to get to the steakhouse, and we stop for him to buy some liquor for his dinner, and then we stop at a dispensary. The man then pulls out a glass, pours himself a glass of liquor in my backseat and lights up a joint! I don't know if they sell joints ready to go or if he rolled it in my SUV.

I vented the moon-roof, and slowed down to the speed limit to not get pulled over.

At the end of the ride he tells me I'm not a good conversationalist, and I'm quite certain he is the one who gave me the 1-star review that night.

To add insult to injury, I got pulled over for speeding up I-15 when I dropped all my windows to vent out my SUV after that ride. Luckily the cop was sympathetic to my story and gave me a warning instead of a ticket.

But damn!

How would you all handle an open container/MJ light-up in your vehicle?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    tohunt4me and circle1 like this.
  2. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

I allow open containers, it's legal here.

MJ? Not a chance. Not that I care but illegal AND stink, nada.

unless he had an extra.

thepanttherlady likes this.
  3. X Drive LV

X Drive LV New Member

Is it legal to have open container in Las Vegas? Does anyone know?

4. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

OMG, you gave a ride to Robert Durst!! :eek:

Tatertot, unPat, mrpjfresh and 2 others like this.
  5. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I didn't mind the one time some dudes lit up in my car since I got a free buzz from the smoke. They didn't tip but they did leave a tip in a way. In your case it was your car your rules.He was gonna 1 star you regardless. Should of threw him out on the spot.

Grahamcracker likes this.

6. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

"You're not a good conversationalist?"

You should have said, "yeah? Neither are you".

Your job is to drive him from a to b. If he wants to unload all his worldly problems he can pay a shrink $200 an hour to listen to him. What an idiot.

7. Rick N.

Rick N. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I woulda hit the brakes and GTFO!

8. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

No smoking and no open intoxicants. Period.

9. Freddie Blimeau

Freddie Blimeau Active Member

Open containers aren't allowed here so no, pax can't do that. The DC police aren't supposed to bother people with just a little bit of pot, but it's still illegal under Fed law & there's a lot of Feds around here. It's also illegal in MD & VA. So no, no pot allowed e. Besides, it smells up the car just like cigs do. Also, the next pax will smell it & think you're smoking it & will report you to Uber for being high & you'll get fired by Uber.

10. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

They sell joints ready to go.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  11. Notch Johnson

Notch Johnson Member

It may have been your next ride that gave you one star. If I got in an uber that smelled like weed I would assume my driver is high. I would have pulled over immediately so he could finish smoking outside the vehicle.

Buber2005 likes this.
  12. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

California here. Alcohol violation can run you $10-15k. Smoking in my car? Why would you even think that is ok?

Get out.

13. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I don't care WHAT you're smoking -- no smoking in my car. Next time, get some edibles.

14. Blackout 702

Yeah, next time get some edibles, ya mook!

Also, no eating in my car.

15. TBone

TBone Active Member

Ive reported an incident with a pax that 1 starred me to Uber and they removed the rating. You should find the ride in history and update the rating and explain what happened.

Blackout 702 likes this.
  16. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Pot is legal in Nevada

17. SurgeorSuckit

SurgeorSuckit Well-Known Member

Jersey - all of it is illegal. I used to get pax trying to bring open containers or the 1/2 filled drink cups all the time. I would tell em either drink em, dump em, or cancel. No drinking or open booze in my car, and definitely no smoking of anything (legal or otherwise) in my car.

18. Blackout 702

As the OP said, the pax went into a dispensary and purchased it, so of course it's legal. However, it's not legal to smoke it in public, and because the smoke could affect the driver, he could then be held to be driving under the influence, which of course is also illegal.

19. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

I get the open containers and trying to bring a "Roadie" in with them. I usually start the trip and tell them I will wait for them to finish their drink. If I hear the pop of a can or bottle, I pull over into a safe place and politely ask them to discard it, or drink it outside of my vehicle. I kindly remind them that it is my license that will be damaged if something were to happen.

I always get the "I am sorry, no problem" and they do what they have to do. Never been one started for it, and did not lose the fare either.

X Drive LV and circle1 like this.
  20. AJellis

AJellis New Member

good one