lighted signage

Shpinzy

Signage is an open invitation for some taxi cabs and other ahole drivers to harass you. Lighted signage would make you look like a lit up whacker. What's next? A big U tattoo on the forehead?

Last edited:

Pulchra

How's everybody feel about lighted signage since we are now legal? ??
I've displayed an LED uber sign on the top of my front windshield for the last 8 months. The same size as the standard issue Uber sticker. It's been very useful in many ways:
When pulling up to drinking establishments with multiple people outside the pax see the signage and walk over immediately.
When picking up pax in a neighborhood late at night it lets neighbors, police ect. know that your there for pick up and nothing else.
Prior to having the sign I got stopped by police more often. Not philly PD but county police departments would harass me. If I was stopped in a parking lot, driving to slow or fast by 5 miles per hour, rolling through a neighborhood looking for an address, license plate bulb out, stopped at a corner of an intersection waiting for pax or just stopped for driving a black Lincoln with black rims and tinted windows. All of the listed reasons above I have pulled over for.
The LED uber sign has reduced these unnecessary encounters with law enforcement sometimes with pax in the car. I have been pulled over since having it just not as frequently.
All pax who notice the sign say they like it and find helpful to identify the correct vehicle.
I even have it on when picking up at PHL. My pax walk over immediately and we are on our way while I see others waving and looking at each other confused.
I've drove next to taxis and parked next to them at wawa, gas stations ect. with no issues.
The benefits of the lit uber sign out weigh any negatives for me.

Last edited:

Shpinzy

I've displayed an LED uber sign on the top of my front windshield for the last 8 months. The same size as the standard issue Uber sticker. It's been very useful in many ways:
When pulling up to drinking establishments with multiple people outside the pax see the signage and walk over immediately.
When picking up pax in a neighborhood late at night it lets neighbors, police ect. know that your there for pick up and nothing else.
Prior to having the sign I got stopped by police more often. Not philly PD but county police departments would harass me. If I was stopped in a parking lot, driving to slow or fast by 5 miles per hour, rolling through a neighborhood looking for an address, license plate bulb out, stopped at a corner of an intersection waiting for pax or just stopped for driving a black Lincoln with black rims and tinted windows. All of the listed reasons above I have pulled over for.
The LED uber sign has reduced these unnecessary encounters with law enforcement sometimes with pax in the car. I have been pulled over since having it just not as frequently.
All pax who notice the sign say they like it and find helpful to identify the correct vehicle.
I even have it on when picking up at PHL. My pax walk over immediately and we are on our way while I see others waving and looking at each other confused.
I've drove next to taxis and parked next to them at wawa, gas stations ect. with no issues.
The benefits of the lit uber sign out weigh any negatives for me.
How's that useful when u and 10 other drivers are lined up in front of the bar with your glowing uber/ lyft signs. Thing is, not all pax are created equal, not all pax know what car they ordered.

Pulchra

How's that useful when u and 10 other drivers are lined up in front of the bar with your glowing uber/ lyft signs. Thing is, not all pax are created equal, not all pax know what car they ordered.
I haven't had that problem yet.

Papa Sarducci

I just use an iPad with some free sign making app, I can add a little message like Ride For John along with the Uber logo, works good at events and such.