• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Life as a deadbeat parent must be hard

Cdub2k

So I go to pick up Terrance and as I get close I see that’s a Walmart pickup. Sometimes it’s an employee and sometimes it’s a customer with little groceries. As I get closer I realize that it is neither they have 1 cart maxed out with a 2nd one with groceries in it. Terrance’s wife is standing next to him with a baby strapped to her stomach like a Kangaroo. I pull all the way up “Are you Terrance?”, yes he replied. “Do you have a baby car seat for the child?” “Of course not I’m an dead beat parent, the baby is strapped to her and we came here in an Uber”

No need to get in an argument I just cancel and turned off my App for 10 minutes. About 20 minutes I get another Ping from Walmart this time it’s Michelle. I’m thinking I hope this isn’t Terrance’s wife account. I pull up and it is someone different a Walmart worker. Ironically she is standing right next to the two deadbeats who apparently still haven’t found a sucker to take their mountain of groceries with their child with no car seat. It was kind of awkward but kind of hilarious at the same time.

This got me thinking how many Uber shuffles have they been through? How many wasted minutes/hours have they spent trying to jam their child into some Rideshare drivers vehicle illegally? Don’t they realize that there are organizations out their that could help them get a baby car seat for free if they qualify? Life as a deadbeat Parent must be hard!

ColtDelta

So I go to pick up Terrance and as I get close I see that’s a Walmart pickup. Sometimes it’s an employee and sometimes it’s a customer with little groceries. As I get closer I realize that it is neither they have 1 cart maxed out with a 2nd one with groceries in it. Terrance’s wife is standing next to him with a baby strapped to her stomach like a Kangaroo. I pull all the way up “Are you Terrance?”, yes he replied. “Do you have a baby car seat for the child?” “Of course not I’m an dead beat parent, the baby is strapped to her and we came here in an Uber”

No need to get in an argument I just cancel and turned off my App for 10 minutes. About 20 minutes I get another Ping from Walmart this time it’s Michelle. I’m thinking I hope this isn’t Terrance’s wife account. I pull up and it is someone different a Walmart worker. Ironically she is standing right next to the two deadbeats who apparently still haven’t found a sucker to take their mountain of groceries with their child with no car seat. It was kind of awkward but kind of hilarious at the same time.

This got me thinking how many Uber shuffles have they been through? How many wasted minutes/hours have they spent trying to jam their child into some Rideshare drivers vehicle illegally? Don’t they realize that there are organizations out their that could help them get a baby car seat for free if they qualify? Life as a deadbeat Parent must be hard!

Man, it's like deja vu all over again.

Honest to God, last night it wasn't Terrance, it was Terrionna. She had a huge cart full and FOUR tiny kids. One looked to be a few months old and was wrapped in a blanket on top of the bags of groceries in the cart. A second was perched next to the first and looked to be be maybe two. Mama had one by the hand, maybe four, and the last one was walking next to her, around five years old I guess.

I pulled up, she opened the back door and I asked about car seats. Nope, not going that far, it's cold, you need to take us home.

Sorry lady. Not risking tickets or job. "It's cold. YOU HAVE TO TAKE US!!!!" Sorry lady, I can't take five people in my car and I can't take four children who ALL need some type of car or booster seat.

"We came here in an Uber. If you cancel I'll just call another one and he can have my money."

Good luck lady. Bye.

Dekero

They don't want to lug it around everywhere.
Easiest way to solve that.... Stop @@@@ing and having kids... Lowlife pieces of shyt
Post automatically merged:

I hate to say it but the reason they didn't get a ride probably wasn't so much to do with the lack of car seat but more to do with the amount of groceries. Nobody wants to help load and unload all that for $3 and no tip.
ALL THAT...? Hell I'm not loading 2 bags much less a cart full for $3 bux.... You got me twisted.. best start saving and buy a car.... All I can tell ya...

Greenfox

Easiest way to solve that.... Stop @@@@ing and having kids... Lowlife pieces of shyt
Post automatically merged:

ALL THAT...? Hell I'm not loading 2 bags much less a cart full for $3 bux.... You got me twisted.. best start saving and buy a car.... All I can tell ya...
i had this happen the other day. Two charity rides! But you know what's nice? With UBER I don't have to deal with that anymore. I see the trips beforehand, I got one 60 MILE and one 85 MILE trip, back to back. I LOVE IT.

1.5xorbust

Man, it's like deja vu all over again.

Honest to God, last night it wasn't Terrance, it was Terrionna. She had a huge cart full and FOUR tiny kids. One looked to be a few months old and was wrapped in a blanket on top of the bags of groceries in the cart. A second was perched next to the first and looked to be be maybe two. Mama had one by the hand, maybe four, and the last one was walking next to her, around five years old I guess.

I pulled up, she opened the back door and I asked about car seats. Nope, not going that far, it's cold, you need to take us home.

Sorry lady. Not risking tickets or job. "It's cold. YOU HAVE TO TAKE US!!!!" Sorry lady, I can't take five people in my car and I can't take four children who ALL need some type of car or booster seat.

"We came here in an Uber. If you cancel I'll just call another one and he can have my money."

Good luck lady. Bye.
Never pick up anyone named Terrionna.

Cdub2k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see that Uber added a new ride type called Uber Family. It is in a few select markets (Philly, NYC, DC, Baltimore, and Orlando). You pay a surcharge of $10 and your Uber car comes equipped with a car seat.

It does not say how much of that $10 goes to the Driver. Knowing Uber like I do I assume that they are taking half of it.

RideshareUSA

👍 Well done!

doyousensehumor

i had this happen the other day. Two charity rides! But you know what's nice? With UBER I don't have to deal with that anymore. I see the trips beforehand, I got one 60 MILE and one 85 MILE trip, back to back. I LOVE IT.
Charity rides! That's funny. That's what I used to call em a few years ago doing taxi.

No need to get in an argument I just cancel and turned off my App for 10 minutes. About 20 minutes I get another Ping from Walmart this time it’s Michelle. I’m thinking I hope this isn’t Terrance’s wife account. I pull up and it is someone different a Walmart worker. Ironically she is standing right next to the two deadbeats who apparently still haven’t found a sucker to take their mountain of groceries with their child with no car seat.
WHY log off for 10mins? Before canceling the 1st one, look at the pax rating.

Let's say it is 4.83. Now cancel, stay online. Now next time you get a ping, you know if the rating is 4.83, it's a good chance its the same fare, reject.

Better yet, drive away from the walmarts get, fares elsewhere!

Last edited:

TheDevilisaParttimer

The wick office forces parents to have a car seat and you can’t leave the hospital with a new born without one. Their lazy asses got a car seat.

1575568097417.gif

The Gift of Fish

I see that Uber added a new ride type called Uber Family. It is in a few select markets (Philly, NYC, DC, Baltimore, and Orlando). You pay a surcharge of $10 and your Uber car comes equipped with a car seat.

It does not say how much of that $10 goes to the Driver. Knowing Uber like I do I assume that they are taking half of it.
I see major liability issues. If a kid is injured while in the driver-provided car seat that was obtained by the driver and installed by the driver... do you see where I'm going with this?

Uber would throw their "partner" under the bus, wash their hands of it and say that it's got nothing to do with them.

SuzeCB

I see major liability issues. If a kid is injured while in the driver-provided car seat that was obtained by the driver and installed by the driver... do you see where I'm going with this?

Uber would throw their "partner" under the bus, wash their hands of it and say that it's got nothing to do with them.
That's what the $10 is for. In part for the added insurance risk, and in part to compensate the driver for the $250-$300 s/he shelled out to buy the Uber-approved carseat (yeah, there's a list and they're that expensive).

There's also a class to attend, and the seats have to be inspected periodically. If it fails an inspection, if the driver wants to continue the program, s/he has to buy a new carseat.

Cdub2k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what the $10 is for. In part for the added insurance risk, and in part to compensate the driver for the $250-$300 s/he shelled out to buy the Uber-approved carseat (yeah, there's a list and they're that expensive).

There's also a class to attend, and the seats have to be inspected periodically. If it fails an inspection, if the driver wants to continue the program, s/he has to buy a new carseat.
so the driver gets the whole $10 surcharge?