• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Life after Uber

UberBastid

Well-Known Member
I quit driving about 14 months ago. I was offered a great job - the job of my dreams in fact.

I work for a legal cannabis operation in N. Cali. I am in charge of two twelve light rooms on alternating harvest schedules, a clone room, a veg room, and a 200 plant light dep nursery.

I have ten people that work for me. I am responsible for minimum production standards - my bosses don't care how I get there - just get there. The minimum standards are 1.0 gram per watt in the indoor rooms.

We just harvested one of the twelve light rooms and we got TWO GRAMS per watt. The holey grail! Boss is sending wifey and I to Maui for a week in his beach condo, and he's going to give me a fat bonus - I insisted that he give me half of the $ he offered, and split the other half among the people that work for me. It took ALL of us to do that. And, I bet we can do it again.

I have an outstanding crew (that I have actually learned a lot from). One lady is qualified to do my job, and was offered it (before I was hired). She says she likes plants much more than people and didn't want the promotion. I can put up with her cranky mornings - the plants just don't care.

So, whats my point?
It's this: This rideshare thing is NOT the bomb. There are much better situations for most of us. Do not get caught up looking into a short horizon: the next ping. Quit worrying about your ratings, or the $1 tip, or the price of gas. Talk to your pax's and ask them if there's a job for you where they work.

80% of us out there doing this gig are overqualified, and can and should do much better for yourselves and your family. The other 20% can handle the demand.

Get your priorities straight.
Get the hell out.
 

Rakos

Well-Known Member
I quit driving about 14 months ago. I was offered a great job - the job of my dreams in fact.

I work for a legal cannabis operation in N. Cali. I am in charge of two twelve light rooms on alternating harvest schedules, a clone room, a veg room, and a 200 plant light dep nursery.

I have ten people that work for me. I am responsible for minimum production standards - my bosses don't care how I get there - just get there. The minimum standards are 1.0 gram per watt in the indoor rooms.

We just harvested one of the twelve light rooms and we got TWO GRAMS per watt. The holey grail! Boss is sending wifey and I to Maui for a week in his beach condo, and he's going to give me a fat bonus - I insisted that he give me half of the $ he offered, and split the other half among the people that work for me. It took ALL of us to do that. And, I bet we can do it again.

I have an outstanding crew (that I have actually learned a lot from). One lady is qualified to do my job, and was offered it (before I was hired). She says she likes plants much more than people and didn't want the promotion. I can put up with her cranky mornings - the plants just don't care.

So, whats my point?
It's this: This rideshare thing is NOT the bomb. There are much better situations for most of us. Do not get caught up looking into a short horizon: the next ping. Quit worrying about your ratings, or the $1 tip, or the price of gas. Talk to your pax's and ask them if there's a job for you where they work.

80% of us out there doing this gig are overqualified, and can and should do much better for yourselves and your family. The other 20% can handle the demand.

Get your priorities straight.
Get the hell out.

You sure do make me want...

To come back to Redding...8>)

What with the Sundial bridge and all...

How could you miss now???

Rakos
sundial+20.jpg
DSC_1355.jpg
L1010168.jpg
image-asset.jpeg
And grandkids to boot...8>)
dims.jpeg
 
I quit driving about 14 months ago. I was offered a great job - the job of my dreams in fact.

I work for a legal cannabis operation in N. Cali. I am in charge of two twelve light rooms on alternating harvest schedules, a clone room, a veg room, and a 200 plant light dep nursery.

I have ten people that work for me. I am responsible for minimum production standards - my bosses don't care how I get there - just get there. The minimum standards are 1.0 gram per watt in the indoor rooms.

We just harvested one of the twelve light rooms and we got TWO GRAMS per watt. The holey grail! Boss is sending wifey and I to Maui for a week in his beach condo, and he's going to give me a fat bonus - I insisted that he give me half of the $ he offered, and split the other half among the people that work for me. It took ALL of us to do that. And, I bet we can do it again.

I have an outstanding crew (that I have actually learned a lot from). One lady is qualified to do my job, and was offered it (before I was hired). She says she likes plants much more than people and didn't want the promotion. I can put up with her cranky mornings - the plants just don't care.

So, whats my point?
It's this: This rideshare thing is NOT the bomb. There are much better situations for most of us. Do not get caught up looking into a short horizon: the next ping. Quit worrying about your ratings, or the $1 tip, or the price of gas. Talk to your pax's and ask them if there's a job for you where they work.

80% of us out there doing this gig are overqualified, and can and should do much better for yourselves and your family. The other 20% can handle the demand.

Get your priorities straight.
Get the hell out.
Can I work for you???
 

UberBastid

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #4
You sure do make me want...

To come back to Redding...8>)

What with the Sundial bridge and all...

How could you miss now???

Rakos

And grandkids to boot...8>)
It's not the same as you remember Rakos.
It has changed - a lot.
And not much for the better.

Homeless is getting out of control.
People living under that wonderful bridge you talk about.
The smell of excrement and dirty bodies wafting up from the river to assault your nose.

The fire has caused a very large number of good people to leave.
The people we need to rebuild - the carpenters, plumbers, business owners.
This problem exaggerated by the politicians taxing the @@@@ outta people.

Stand at the window at city hall to get a building permit:
"Sure, you wanna rebuild your home. Just give us $7,210 for a building permit"
Later you'll need extra fees for "school bond, public safety bond", another $3700 ...
before you can turn a shovel full of dirt.
Oh, you want utilities too?
Sewer hook up fees are $2300.
And, with new seismic and fire regulations, it will cost you an extra $12 per sq foot to rebuild your home.
I've heard a LOT of people say, "as soon as my insurance company pays off, I'm getting the @@@@ outta Cali."

And, speaking of insurance ... can you imagine what fire insurance costs for your new home?
I have a $5000 deductible ... my premium is $2650 a year.
Gas tax just went up five cents a gallon - we paying $4 a gallon here.
Registering my 13 year old car cost $235 (plus smog inspection and certification fees).
Rents are very high - had a lot of houses burn.
Wages are too low to support the rent/buy market.

Yea, Redding is fast becoming a third world, brokedick lil town.
And the Bay Area progressives keep coming here and bringing their voting habits and juvenile delinquent kids with them.

I think we screwed for a decade, or more.
 

goneubering

Well-Known Member
I quit driving about 14 months ago. I was offered a great job - the job of my dreams in fact.

I work for a legal cannabis operation in N. Cali. I am in charge of two twelve light rooms on alternating harvest schedules, a clone room, a veg room, and a 200 plant light dep nursery.

I have ten people that work for me. I am responsible for minimum production standards - my bosses don't care how I get there - just get there. The minimum standards are 1.0 gram per watt in the indoor rooms.

We just harvested one of the twelve light rooms and we got TWO GRAMS per watt. The holey grail! Boss is sending wifey and I to Maui for a week in his beach condo, and he's going to give me a fat bonus - I insisted that he give me half of the $ he offered, and split the other half among the people that work for me. It took ALL of us to do that. And, I bet we can do it again.

I have an outstanding crew (that I have actually learned a lot from). One lady is qualified to do my job, and was offered it (before I was hired). She says she likes plants much more than people and didn't want the promotion. I can put up with her cranky mornings - the plants just don't care.

So, whats my point?
It's this: This rideshare thing is NOT the bomb. There are much better situations for most of us. Do not get caught up looking into a short horizon: the next ping. Quit worrying about your ratings, or the $1 tip, or the price of gas. Talk to your pax's and ask them if there's a job for you where they work.

80% of us out there doing this gig are overqualified, and can and should do much better for yourselves and your family. The other 20% can handle the demand.

Get your priorities straight.
Get the hell out.
Great post!! Didn’t you find out about this job through an Uber contact?
 

tohunt4me

Well-Known Member
I quit driving about 14 months ago. I was offered a great job - the job of my dreams in fact.

I work for a legal cannabis operation in N. Cali. I am in charge of two twelve light rooms on alternating harvest schedules, a clone room, a veg room, and a 200 plant light dep nursery.

I have ten people that work for me. I am responsible for minimum production standards - my bosses don't care how I get there - just get there. The minimum standards are 1.0 gram per watt in the indoor rooms.

We just harvested one of the twelve light rooms and we got TWO GRAMS per watt. The holey grail! Boss is sending wifey and I to Maui for a week in his beach condo, and he's going to give me a fat bonus - I insisted that he give me half of the $ he offered, and split the other half among the people that work for me. It took ALL of us to do that. And, I bet we can do it again.

I have an outstanding crew (that I have actually learned a lot from). One lady is qualified to do my job, and was offered it (before I was hired). She says she likes plants much more than people and didn't want the promotion. I can put up with her cranky mornings - the plants just don't care.

So, whats my point?
It's this: This rideshare thing is NOT the bomb. There are much better situations for most of us. Do not get caught up looking into a short horizon: the next ping. Quit worrying about your ratings, or the $1 tip, or the price of gas. Talk to your pax's and ask them if there's a job for you where they work.

80% of us out there doing this gig are overqualified, and can and should do much better for yourselves and your family. The other 20% can handle the demand.

Get your priorities straight.
Get the hell out.
DO YOU HAVE TO " SAMPLE" THE PLANTS ?
Post automatically merged:

You are screwed for longer than a decade.

It took the USSR almost 80 years to fail. The American Communists are just getting started.
RIGHT ABOUT THE " PROGRESSIVE" COMMUNISTS.
 

UberBastid

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #11
Great post!! Didn’t you find out about this job through an Uber contact?
Yes.
I made it a point to only drive 'business hours'. No drunk is going to offer me a job I'd be interested in. I would drive when people going to work, coming home from work. Never picked up at college, or school of any type; or the hood ... nobody there will offer me a job.
I really did not care about tips, or ratings, or complaints ... not even a consideration. What I cared about was a thirty second pitch, a brief interview (two way).
I would find a way to segway into ME as a subject ... and give a thirty second 'resume' about me ... and ask if they knew of anything where they work that is open.
I got two or three leads a week that way.
This job was an airport pickup, a guy dressed in a business suit. Turned out he was an attorney representing the company that started the grow doing compliance work. He turned me on to someone ... who referred me to someone ... and the rest is history.

DO YOU HAVE TO " SAMPLE" THE PLANTS ?
I don't HAVE to ... but I do.
An important part of our product is taste. If the flush isn't done right, the taste of fertilizer chemicals is awful. But, I have used MJ as a pain reliever since my back surgery ten years ago. I don't like to take narcotics (though I do when absolutely necessary), and MJ allows me to be pain free enough and relaxed enough to sleep.
I refuse to become addicted to narcotics.
I burn a bowl and pour a couple fingers of good bourbon whiskey at night while in my favorite chair; wifey wakes me up an hour later and says "time for bed". I start the next morning with Excedrin Extra Strength and an Advil and it usually gets me through ok. I never get high during the day, but by the time I get home I am in a lot of pain.
 
Last edited:

OldBay

Well-Known Member
I quit driving about 14 months ago. I was offered a great job - the job of my dreams in fact.

I work for a legal cannabis operation in N. Cali. I am in charge of two twelve light rooms on alternating harvest schedules, a clone room, a veg room, and a 200 plant light dep nursery.

I have ten people that work for me. I am responsible for minimum production standards - my bosses don't care how I get there - just get there. The minimum standards are 1.0 gram per watt in the indoor rooms.

We just harvested one of the twelve light rooms and we got TWO GRAMS per watt. The holey grail! Boss is sending wifey and I to Maui for a week in his beach condo, and he's going to give me a fat bonus - I insisted that he give me half of the $ he offered, and split the other half among the people that work for me. It took ALL of us to do that. And, I bet we can do it again.

I have an outstanding crew (that I have actually learned a lot from). One lady is qualified to do my job, and was offered it (before I was hired). She says she likes plants much more than people and didn't want the promotion. I can put up with her cranky mornings - the plants just don't care.

So, whats my point?
It's this: This rideshare thing is NOT the bomb. There are much better situations for most of us. Do not get caught up looking into a short horizon: the next ping. Quit worrying about your ratings, or the $1 tip, or the price of gas. Talk to your pax's and ask them if there's a job for you where they work.

80% of us out there doing this gig are overqualified, and can and should do much better for yourselves and your family. The other 20% can handle the demand.

Get your priorities straight.
Get the hell out.
This is all great until the cartel sends a crew to wipe out your grow op.

The "legal" cannabis industry cannot exist so close to illegal drug operations without there being major risks at some level.

What happened to the guy you replaced?
 

tohunt4me

Well-Known Member
Crystal Meth.
This is all great until the cartel sends a crew to wipe out your grow op.

The "legal" cannabis industry cannot exist so close to illegal drug operations without there being major risks at some level.

What happened to the guy you replaced?
The cartels are slinging Crank and Heroine as much as Cocaine now.
Post automatically merged:

This is all great until the cartel sends a crew to wipe out your grow op.

The "legal" cannabis industry cannot exist so close to illegal drug operations without there being major risks at some level.

What happened to the guy you replaced?
You didnt HEAR about the recent ship confiscation ?

Owned by Globalist Bankers ?

Not Reported by the OWNED " NEWS" ?
Post automatically merged:

It's not the same as you remember Rakos.
It has changed - a lot.
And not much for the better.

Homeless is getting out of control.
People living under that wonderful bridge you talk about.
The smell of excrement and dirty bodies wafting up from the river to assault your nose.

The fire has caused a very large number of good people to leave.
The people we need to rebuild - the carpenters, plumbers, business owners.
This problem exaggerated by the politicians taxing the @@@@ outta people.

Stand at the window at city hall to get a building permit:
"Sure, you wanna rebuild your home. Just give us $7,210 for a building permit"
Later you'll need extra fees for "school bond, public safety bond", another $3700 ...
before you can turn a shovel full of dirt.
Oh, you want utilities too?
Sewer hook up fees are $2300.
And, with new seismic and fire regulations, it will cost you an extra $12 per sq foot to rebuild your home.
I've heard a LOT of people say, "as soon as my insurance company pays off, I'm getting the @@@@ outta Cali."

And, speaking of insurance ... can you imagine what fire insurance costs for your new home?
I have a $5000 deductible ... my premium is $2650 a year.
Gas tax just went up five cents a gallon - we paying $4 a gallon here.
Registering my 13 year old car cost $235 (plus smog inspection and certification fees).
Rents are very high - had a lot of houses burn.
Wages are too low to support the rent/buy market.

Yea, Redding is fast becoming a third world, brokedick lil town.
And the Bay Area progressives keep coming here and bringing their voting habits and juvenile delinquent kids with them.

I think we screwed for a decade, or more.
Agenda 21 plan.

Nickel & Dime you OUT of Home & Vehicle OWNERSHIP !

READ UP !
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Side Hustle

Well-Known Member
It's not the same as you remember Rakos.
It has changed - a lot.
And not much for the better.

Homeless is getting out of control.
People living under that wonderful bridge you talk about.
The smell of excrement and dirty bodies wafting up from the river to assault your nose.

The fire has caused a very large number of good people to leave.
The people we need to rebuild - the carpenters, plumbers, business owners.
This problem exaggerated by the politicians taxing the @@@@ outta people.

Stand at the window at city hall to get a building permit:
"Sure, you wanna rebuild your home. Just give us $7,210 for a building permit"
Later you'll need extra fees for "school bond, public safety bond", another $3700 ...
before you can turn a shovel full of dirt.
Oh, you want utilities too?
Sewer hook up fees are $2300.
And, with new seismic and fire regulations, it will cost you an extra $12 per sq foot to rebuild your home.
I've heard a LOT of people say, "as soon as my insurance company pays off, I'm getting the @@@@ outta Cali."

And, speaking of insurance ... can you imagine what fire insurance costs for your new home?
I have a $5000 deductible ... my premium is $2650 a year.
Gas tax just went up five cents a gallon - we paying $4 a gallon here.
Registering my 13 year old car cost $235 (plus smog inspection and certification fees).
Rents are very high - had a lot of houses burn.
Wages are too low to support the rent/buy market.

Yea, Redding is fast becoming a third world, brokedick lil town.
And the Bay Area progressives keep coming here and bringing their voting habits and juvenile delinquent kids with them.

I think we screwed for a decade, or more.
Just don’t come to Texas?
 

corniilius

Well-Known Member
I quit driving about 14 months ago. I was offered a great job - the job of my dreams in fact.

I work for a legal cannabis operation in N. Cali. I am in charge of two twelve light rooms on alternating harvest schedules, a clone room, a veg room, and a 200 plant light dep nursery.

I have ten people that work for me. I am responsible for minimum production standards - my bosses don't care how I get there - just get there. The minimum standards are 1.0 gram per watt in the indoor rooms.

We just harvested one of the twelve light rooms and we got TWO GRAMS per watt. The holey grail! Boss is sending wifey and I to Maui for a week in his beach condo, and he's going to give me a fat bonus - I insisted that he give me half of the $ he offered, and split the other half among the people that work for me. It took ALL of us to do that. And, I bet we can do it again.

I have an outstanding crew (that I have actually learned a lot from). One lady is qualified to do my job, and was offered it (before I was hired). She says she likes plants much more than people and didn't want the promotion. I can put up with her cranky mornings - the plants just don't care.

So, whats my point?
It's this: This rideshare thing is NOT the bomb. There are much better situations for most of us. Do not get caught up looking into a short horizon: the next ping. Quit worrying about your ratings, or the $1 tip, or the price of gas. Talk to your pax's and ask them if there's a job for you where they work.

80% of us out there doing this gig are overqualified, and can and should do much better for yourselves and your family. The other 20% can handle the demand.

Get your priorities straight.
Get the hell out.
Got seeds?
 
Top