Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lichtenstein & Liss-Riodan, P.C. Settlement Checks

5K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Veal66 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I received an email on August 19,2019 detailing the check was mailed out. I live here in West Los Angeles and it’s Saturday morning. To this day, I’ve still yet to receive the check from the law firm in Boston Massachusetts. It should only takes 3-4 days to receive a letter from the East coast.

#6 ·
I received an email on August 19,2019 detailing the check was mailed out. I live here in West Los Angeles and it's Saturday morning. To this day, I've still yet to receive the check from the law firm in Boston Massachusetts. It should only takes 3-4 days to receive a letter from the East coast.
Dude, checks' in the mail.
Seriously, it is! ?

#13 · (Edited)
I received an email on August 19,2019 detailing the check was mailed out. I live here in West Los Angeles and it's Saturday morning. To this day, I've still yet to receive the check from the law firm in Boston Massachusetts. It should only takes 3-4 days to receive a letter from the East coast.
New member clearly trolling. Final notifications went out on this lawsuit for claimants in June with a final claimant deadline of 8/17/2019. Case was settled two weeks ago on 8/29/2019. Checks could take up to a year but likely sooner. They have to process all the claim forms, then based on the claim rate % attribute the remainder of the settlement. Would be interesting to know what the claim rate is but I'm too lazy to contact the administrator.

Last I'd read the head attorney said $0.37/mile on average. It's for drivers onboarded before 7/2013 or if you opted out of arbitration. My payment would be $7,800 based on that amount but I'd expect a claimant rate at half that. Not many drivers opted out of arbitration or were onboarded before 7/2013.

#21 ·
For this particular lawsuit, you can monitor the status at https://uberlitigation.com/.

Last update: "On October 8, 2019, an appeal was filed by an objector to the Settlement. No payments can be made while this appeal is pending. Plaintiffs are working to dismiss the appeal so that the district court's Settlement Approval Order can be affirmed by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and payments can be made to Settlement Class Members. We will continue to update the website with any further developments regarding the status of this appeal. "

#23 ·
For this particular lawsuit, you can monitor the status at https://uberlitigation.com/.

Last update: "On October 8, 2019, an appeal was filed by an objector to the Settlement. No payments can be made while this appeal is pending. Plaintiffs are working to dismiss the appeal so that the district court's Settlement Approval Order can be affirmed by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and payments can be made to Settlement Class Members. We will continue to update the website with any further developments regarding the status of this appeal. "
thats the lawsuit for the opt-outers

#32 ·
O'Connor v. Uber Technologies
Yucesoy v. Uber Technologies
www.UberLitigation.com

This was the lawsuit for CA and MA drivers that elected to opt out of arbitration. I emailed them today for an update and here was their reply:

"A petition for a writ of certiorari was filed in response to the Ninth Circuit's affirmance of the Order approving the Settlement. The United States Supreme Court has now denied the petition. The settlement is now final and we anticipate that payments will be processed and mailed out this summer. Please check the website for further updates regarding when checks will be sent."

#33 ·
#36 ·
Got the check today for https://uberlitigation.com/, a little over $6500. I was one of the opt-outers. They only paid out about 17.9c / per mile (with a pax). Disappointing. All the additional litigation on this thing increased the lawyer's take and decreased ours.
awesome!!..how long did it take to get check..via mail??..what state did it come from.. I'm waiting on mine it was mailed out July 22 2020..

#38 ·
Yes. Cha Ching. :smiles:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.