Inshur

Licence renewal

NightRyder

Just spoke to tfl on phone, they said when you renew your licence every 3 years, you do not need to submit a new medical unless you are over the age of 45.

Can anyone confirm this is true.

Just a little unsure to believe as the guy sounded new.

Dubs666

Just spoke to tfl on phone, they said when you renew your licence every 3 years, you do not need to submit a new medical unless you are over the age of 45.

Yes it's true

UberLuxbod

Yes thats correct. Same as the requirements for a Group 2 Medical, except a Group 2 lasts for 5 years after 45.

NightRyder

But what about if someone develops a condition tgat effects their driving and they are under 45. How do tfl find out?

Cabbie2B

Yes.

babasanfur

True

driver84

my dbs took 11 days and my pco renewal 2 days. total within 2 weeks i got my renewal. However when you call they are not allowed to give you guideline of how long it will take so keep trying. As long your DBS is fine your renewal should not take long.