• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

LGA terminal B.

Inshur

staytune

I drop off a pax at 5:30 AM in terminal B in front of AA LGA, a light skin black dude with glass carrying a back pack knocking on my pax side window and said " can you take me to manhattan? how much will it cost" my exact answer to him was" No, go downstair and get a taxi, TLC.. ha..ha..ha..." and drove off.

Oh-Lord

I drop off a pax at 5:30 AM in terminal B in front of AA LGA, a light skin black dude with glass carrying a back pack knocking on my pax side window and said " can you take me to manhattan? how much will it cost" my exact answer to him was" No, go downstair and get a taxi, TLC.. ha..ha..ha..." and drove off.
Never realized how people fall for that. A random guy crosses a solid line of yellow cabs to come to you. It's so obvious it should. E insulting.

Dannyyellowcab

Same here Spanish guy with two empty suitcases lol ...I said f$ck off i am going home ...American airlines 430 pm la ...lol

Uber Driver 007

Never realized how people fall for that. A random guy crosses a solid line of yellow cabs to come to you. It's so obvious it should. E insulting.
Yep. The real hustlers either hang out at the yellow taxi line whispering 'taxi...taxi...' when it's super busy or inside the baggage claim area. TLC can't / won't stop them so they go after the gullible drivers. Anyway, they are all in on it anyways ... the dispatchers ... the TLC ... it's all a scam.

OT but ever wonder how these old-ass livery cabs pass inspection?? Yep, a handshake and $300 cash.

Mr. Affinito

Everytime I drop off a pax at LGA Terminal B, I get a new request on the way out. I think that's fantastic, considering there are hundreds of cars on queue. I always swing back around and pick them up. I hope this is permitted. There are so many TLC / Port Authority rules.... ugh!

simtex78

Very often at Terminal 7-8 JFK Middle east guys with strong Queens accent :
" Brooother, can yourrr take me to Manhattan. , Haw much? ? "" :smiles:)

UberRVADriver

When I flew into LGA right before Christmas, waiting for my Uber to arrive at the curb with all the construction traffic, there was a guy in a 2015-2016 Suburban sitting at the curb for a good 10 minutes, rolling down his window and asking everyone "need a taxi?" Strange thing is, he had regular NY passenger plates (HMM-xxxx), no TLC. For that expensive a vehicle, might as well get TLC plates and insurance. Then later that day I saw the same Suburban in midtown at 57th and Madison. HMM indeed...

bossdriver

Oh Snap. I got the same "light skin black guy" at JFK! when he knocked on my pax side window and asked how much...I told him with my window 3" down....i said and I qoute..."1/2 stack". Insert through window, and my partner will be here in 3 mins to take you. Light skinned black guy walked away, and i pleasantly kept checking my email until I was waived to keep it moving.

Mad Max

When I flew into LGA right before Christmas, waiting for my Uber to arrive at the curb with all the construction traffic, there was a guy in a 2015-2016 Suburban sitting at the curb for a good 10 minutes, rolling down his window and asking everyone "need a taxi?" Strange thing is, he had regular NY passenger plates (HMM-xxxx), no TLC. For that expensive a vehicle, might as well get TLC plates and insurance. Then later that day I saw the same Suburban in midtown at 57th and Madison. HMM indeed...
Of course law enforcement is nowhere to be found when gypsy cabs solicit rides in airports.

UberRVADriver

Of course law enforcement is nowhere to be found when gypsy cabs solicit rides in airports.
Exactly. I always thought most of the gypsies in NYC were still TLC-licensed, though... Maybe this guy in the black Suburban was someone's private chauffeur trying to make a little extra cash.