• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

LETS UNIONIZE!! ORGANIZE and LEVEL the playing field!!

I_Like_Spam

Can the union fight for a cap on new drivers?
Sure, they could, theoretically.

But I wouldn't see that as a very likely scenario. Unions make their living off of dues and initiation fees paid by members. And the more new members on the rolls, they better it is for them.

GTADriver

Sure, they could, theoretically.

But I wouldn't see that as a very likely scenario. Unions make their living off of dues and initiation fees paid by members. And the more new members on the rolls, they better it is for them.
Actually my point was that that's a request some drivers don't want. So how can be join together when some don't give a hoot about making money

Oscar Levant

Okay, LIFT/UBER Drivers, we all already know we are being robbed by those 2 crooked companies. We also know we cannot fight if we are not united. So, this is what I propose: Let's organize a LIFT/UBER UNION made of all DRIVERS!!
It is not hard to do. Let's create a list of petitioners, then let's organize an online meeting and get this thing started.
REMEMBER: THERE IS NO RIDE WITHOUT THE DRIVER and HIS/HER CAR.
Start the debate and let's get going!!!

In my state, if I get a TCP license (limo/charter license), I understand that Uber will give me 80% of the safe rider fee. That would add another $150 a week ( I'm calculating, though I could be wrong ) to the take, that would make it worth it.

How are you going to unionize a work force that is 1099?
Post automatically merged:

Free market when they control the rates? What's so free about that?

No, by "free market" he means "free to exploit".
Post automatically merged:

Maybe, or maybe not. That chapter hasn't been written yet

Of course they would, but if the rate was increased such that you would wind up with more money, then it's a good thing.
But, forcing Uber to raise the rate will result in losing customers. If your market is already saturated with drivers, you'll wind up losing money. Unionizing, in my view, would only make sense in a big city, like L.A. Seattle, etc

jcarrolld

Okay, LIFT/UBER Drivers, we all already know we are being robbed by those 2 crooked companies. We also know we cannot fight if we are not united. So, this is what I propose: Let's organize a LIFT/UBER UNION made of all DRIVERS!!
It is not hard to do. Let's create a list of petitioners, then let's organize an online meeting and get this thing started.
REMEMBER: THERE IS NO RIDE WITHOUT THE DRIVER and HIS/HER CAR.
Start the debate and let's get going!!!

I_Like_Spam

The American way is that if you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go into work every day and do it really half ass.

wallae

Well, I just took my second ride with a nice girl on the edge of the ghetto. 2 dollar ride. She works at dominos so she knows what a tip is. She got a 3 and I will never see her again. That's a strike.
I took the next ride with a nice girl on the edge of the ghetto. 2 dollar ride and 1 dollar tip. She got a 5

MiamiKid

Well, I just took my second ride with a nice girl on the edge of the ghetto. 2 dollar ride. She works at dominos so she knows what a tip is. She got a 3 and I will never see her again. That's a strike.
I took the next ride with a nice girl on the edge of the ghetto. 2 dollar ride and 1 dollar tip. She got a 5
Have, simply, stopped picking up in those areas. Tips have improved significantly.