• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

LETS UNIONIZE!! ORGANIZE and LEVEL the playing field!!

lep22

Okay, LIFT/UBER Drivers, we all already know we are being robbed by those 2 crooked companies. We also know we cannot fight if we are not united. So, this is what I propose: Let's organize a LIFT/UBER UNION made of all DRIVERS!!
It is not hard to do. Let's create a list of petitioners, then let's organize an online meeting and get this thing started.
REMEMBER: THERE IS NO RIDE WITHOUT THE DRIVER and HIS/HER CAR.
Start the debate and let's get going!!!

Seamus

Okay, LIFT/UBER Drivers, we all already know we are being robbed by those 2 crooked companies. We also know we cannot fight if we are not united. So, this is what I propose: Let's I will organize a LIFT/UBER UNION made of all DRIVERS!!
It is not hard to do. Let's I will create a list of petitioners, then let's I will organize an online meeting and get this thing started.
Start the debate and let's I will get going!!!
Post number 7,893 on this topic, always from a new member. Get started and let us know how you make out.

bonum exactoris

Okay, LIFT/UBER Drivers, we all already know we are being robbed by those 2 crooked companies. We also know we cannot fight if we are not united. So, this is what I propose: Let's organize a LIFT/UBER UNION made of all DRIVERS!!
It is not hard to do. Let's create a list of petitioners, then let's organize an online meeting and get this thing started.
REMEMBER:
1. there is an unending supply of low skill immigrant & domestic workers signing up Everyday who are thankful for the opportunity
2. This website attracts a tiny tiny percent of total uber drivers, if every driver on this site declared a strike, uber would never notice, not even a tiny pink surge.
3. Most drivers are PT
4. Most important, When the.....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz😴😴

Last edited:

JimKE

Hey...why are they taking more than 25% of the fares????

We don't need a union -- we need a militia! Stand up to the Man! Take back the streets!

smh...

mrpjfresh

You really think I want to be in a union with the clown in the minivan with his U stickers who cut me off doing 80 in a 50 racing to his next pax or that whopping $2 sticky surge? How about the woman stopped facing the wrong direction on a one-way street with her flashers on holding her phone desperately searching for her pax? We have nothing in common but the app on our phones. We do not even approach this gig in the same fashion. Do you really think a union can accurately and fairly represent the interests of such a motley workforce??

reg barclay

Without going into any of the related political, economic, legal, etc, debates surrounding the issue of unions, IMHO a union can only achieve its goals when there is some kind of unity and common goal between the workers. In the case of ridesharing, drivers come from so many different communities, demographics, classes, etc, and have so many different individual aims and goals, that I don't think it would realistically work. Maybe it could work on a local scale in some particular regions, but I don't think it would work nationally.

lep22

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After reading all those feedback from my advice post, now I am convinced of what I suspected all along: This site is being controlled by Uber/Lift, NOT the drivers.
We are @@@@ed!

lep22

"Uber’s a Bridge, Not a Home "
Is that why Uber thinks it can steal from the driver's share whenever it likes. Remember, you can only steal for so long! Remember Theranos, Enron, etc..Beware!!

Ardery

You really think I want to be in a union with the clown in the minivan with his U stickers who cut me off doing 80 in a 50 racing to his next pax or that whopping $2 sticky surge? How about the woman stopped facing the wrong direction on a one-way street with her flashers on holding her phone desperately searching for her pax? We have nothing in common but the app on our phones. We do not even approach this gig in the same fashion. Do you really think a union can accurately and fairly represent the interests of such a motley workforce??
^ ^ ^ actually, one of the best written responses ever. dead on.

lep22

Without going into any of the related political, economic, legal, etc, debates surrounding the issue of unions, IMHO a union can only achieve its goals when there is some kind of unity and common goal between the workers. In the case of ridesharing, drivers come from so many different communities, demographics, classes, etc, and have so many different individual aims and goals, that I don't think it would realistically work. Maybe it could work on a local scale in some particular regions, but I don't think it would work nationally.
In other words, drivers are dumb so they deserved to be robbed?

UberBastid

In other words, drivers are dumb so they deserved to be robbed?
Wow.
For a newbie you catch on fast.
"Never give a sucker an even break." W.C. Fields

I was playing a ring-game no-limit Holdem game in Reno. There was a guy there at the table seated to my right. I recognized him as a multiple winner of the World Series of Poker. His name is John Juanda.
I got a pat hand, 'the nuts', and went all in. Everybody folded. Damn. He leaned over and quietly said "There are fish at the table. Don't frighten them or they'll swim away." He was hinting not to be too aggressive with the bets, that we could catch all the fish if we take our time.

When you been sitting at a poker table for more than a half hour - and you don't know who the fish is ... IT'S YOU.

Last edited:

lep22

Now, you really explained and justified why UberLift are robbing poor people of their meager share.
Post automatically merged:

REMEMBER:
1. there is an unending supply of low skill immigrant & domestic workers signing up Everyday who are thankful for the opportunity
2. This website attracts a tiny tiny percent of total uber drivers, if every driver on this site declared a strike, uber would never notice, not even a tiny pink surge.
3. Most drivers are PT
4. Most important, When the.....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz😴😴

So, what are you going to say to your Maker when it's time to meet him when he asks you: So what are you gonna do with all that money you made off those poor drivers you call low skill immigrants?
When is humanity gonna learn anything about living?

Last edited by a moderator:

Declineathon

Unions will take a cut, too.

bonum exactoris

"Uber’s a Bridge, Not a Home "
Is that why Uber thinks it can steal from the driver's share whenever it likes. Remember, you can only steal for so long! Remember Theranos, Enron, etc..Beware!!
you can only steal for so long!”
and THAT’S Why ubers a bridge✔

Best u try to unionize the Electric Scooter Recharging Brigade.
Now THOSE guys got it rough
Beware!!!

Now, you really explained and justified why UberLift are robbing poor people of their meager share.

So, what are you going to say to your Maker when it's time to meet him when he asks you: So what are you gonna do with all that money you made off those poor drivers you call low skill immigrants?
When is humanity gonna learn anything about living?
1. Buy a Gulfstream 650 ✔
2. IDK🤷‍♂️
3. Only the wealthy know 🈵

Last edited: