• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lets talk about cancellation fares, again....

whocareaboutPAX

What are your thoughts?

Personally I rely on cancellation fares. Not only for an adrenaline rush but also as coverage for dead KMs, my biggest concern is limiting dead KMs, as I do plenty of private driving and altering logbooks is annoying as it is.

Now that I’m driving approx. 20 hours per week again, I’m only aiming for 20-25 – which is equivalent do approx. $150.

The biggest key about cancellation fares is strategy. It is foolish to cancel just for the sake of a cancellation fare.

Examples:
· Low rating pax – accept, arrive immediately then park 50 metres down road as soon as it hits 5 mins… Cya later. Free $6.40
· Inner cities. – I never EVER pick people up on a Friday in the city for example as you just get stuck in traffic for an epic trip to Subico for a whole $8.20 and half an hour. Yes, you clock up a few dead kilometres leaving the city but the cancellation fares are epic, sometimes when you’re just trying to get out of the city, you’ll pocket $12.40 in 10 mins as compensation. The key is to make them cancel saying your still 15 minutes away
· If the surge returns. This is a MUST. Stingy pax, should be punished for not paying a surge. Best to hide down road and tell them you have picked somebody else up, and youll get them later so they cancel. Hopefully you’ll stick pocket the surge, but more importantly you get $6.40 and sometimes with a juicy surge.
· If you have a long drive to pick up (over 4KMs), if no other cars are around. Best take the cancellation fare and accept the re-ping. Free $6.40 and compensates for dead Kms.

My absolute favourite is cancellations while still at work. Occasionally people from inside the building order an Uber, no way I'm taking them. I work on Canning Hwy, Applecross. This makes me laugh.

Still my favorite concept. Such a shame, they aren’t $10 ($8 for you).

Thoughts on cancellations? Anybody else use them as a strategy? Anybody else get adrenaline rushes? How many do you average per week?

Dog

What are your thoughts?

Personally I rely on cancellation fares. Not only for an adrenaline rush but also as coverage for dead KMs, my biggest concern is limiting dead KMs, as I do plenty of private driving and altering logbooks is annoying as it is.

Now that I’m driving approx. 20 hours per week again, I’m only aiming for 20-25 – which is equivalent do approx. $150.

The biggest key about cancellation fares is strategy. It is foolish to cancel just for the sake of a cancellation fare.

Examples:
· Low rating pax – accept, arrive immediately then park 50 metres down road as soon as it hits 5 mins… Cya later. Free $6.40
· Inner cities. – I never EVER pick people up on a Friday in the city for example as you just get stuck in traffic for an epic trip to Subico for a whole $8.20 and half an hour. Yes, you clock up a few dead kilometres leaving the city but the cancellation fares are epic, sometimes when you’re just trying to get out of the city, you’ll pocket $12.40 in 10 mins as compensation. The key is to make them cancel saying your still 15 minutes away
· If the surge returns. This is a MUST. Stingy pax, should be punished for not paying a surge. Best to hide down road and tell them you have picked somebody else up, and youll get them later so they cancel. Hopefully you’ll stick pocket the surge, but more importantly you get $6.40 and sometimes with a juicy surge.
· If you have a long drive to pick up (over 4KMs), if no other cars are around. Best take the cancellation fare and accept the re-ping. Free $6.40 and compensates for dead Kms.

My absolute favourite is cancellations while still at work. Occasionally people from inside the building order an Uber, no way I'm taking them. I work on Canning Hwy, Applecross. This makes me laugh.

Thoughts on cancellations? Anybody else use them as a strategy? Anybody else get adrenaline rushes? How many do you average per week?
I've done them a few times. When I arrive at destination and pay say they will be ten minutes, when they book me to shops and don't message me what entrance until I've literally rocked up and its notified them, or when they accidentally put their destination in as the pick up and then call to let me know where the pick up is (which is generally very close)

Potsy

Can't understand if your not happy get out. Don't steal from the riders. I call it stealing. But all have our own opinions. I think you can't see that you are doing anything wrong but I do so we will leave it at that then.
The worst crooks and cheats in the world are the large corporations, banksters, politicians, etc.
We really need some moral leadership from the top if you expect the little battlers of the world to be honest.

UbeRay

Thought about cancelling a job yesterday at Carousel Cannington. Thought here we go again as soon as I realised the pickup address.
Couldn't see rider at location, rang him twice no answer. He then rang me back and worked out his location.
Nice ride down to Yangebup Lake $27.75 and then wondered about getting back to CBD.
Boom! got a ride booking on trip to go to Beaufort street Perth $34.63.
If I had been quick to cancel I would have lost these two jobs and not been in a prime spot to pick up another job straight away.

TrexG

Uber should lower the waiting time to 3 mins like it is in so many other cities around the workd

Banker Pete

What are your thoughts?

Examples:

The taxi industry has been treating pax this way for years and they are hated with a passion. Continue with your unconscionable conduct and we will finish up the same way. You are a disgrace.

UberDriverAU

Thought about cancelling a job yesterday at Carousel Cannington. Thought here we go again as soon as I realised the pickup address.
Couldn't see rider at location, rang him twice no answer. He then rang me back and worked out his location.
Nice ride down to Yangebup Lake $27.75 and then wondered about getting back to CBD.
Boom! got a ride booking on trip to go to Beaufort street Perth $34.63.
If I had been quick to cancel I would have lost these two jobs and not been in a prime spot to pick up another job straight away.
Let's put it in perspective, this guy is obsessed with minimising dead mileage, among other things like trolling these forums. $/km is more important to him than $/hr, along with getting an "adrenaline rush" out of people's reaction here. Most people care more about $/hr. Each to their own.

Potsy

Each to their own I guess. I hate waiting for Pax also so I usually pull up at an address and if pax are not waiting out front I'll call them to chase them up and my cancellations are very very rare. Normally, I find the fare is quite a bit bigger than the cancellation amount, especially on a Sat night when I work so worthwhile doing.

ex-cabbie

The worst crooks and cheats in the world are the large corporations, banksters, politicians, etc.
We really need some moral leadership from the top if you expect the little battlers of the world to be honest.
So it's OK for us to cheat as long as somebody richer than us is doing it? Yeah, I can see the attraction.:smiles:

Can you describe exactly what generates that adrenaline rush? Is it a sense of ******* over people you consider are profiting from underpriced fares?

Potsy

So it's OK for us to cheat as long as somebody richer than us is doing it? Yeah, I can see the attraction.:smiles:
Try teaching your kids to be honest when our leaders and those who should be setting an example are not.

Can you describe exactly what generates that adrenaline rush? Is it a sense of ******* over people you consider are profiting from underpriced fares?
Maybe he gets an orgasm from ripping of people coz he doesn't get one anywhere else.

lui6155

Ah, a Freudian interpretation. Any advance on Dr Freud?
I personally think this troll has a giant chip on his shoulder/jealous of the wealthy/craves for attention and is borderline schizophrenic (in that he offers up one story then another often contradicting)
Bit of a danger really to the public...oh hang on his a wannabe CPA:p

UbeRay

Let's put it in perspective, this guy is obsessed with minimising dead mileage, among other things like trolling these forums. $/km is more important to him than $/hr, along with getting an "adrenaline rush" out of people's reaction here. Most people care more about $/hr. Each to their own.
I hope your reference is to the Thread author and not me.