Lets Organizing an Uber Strike Day Nationwide

UberStrikeDay

I am tired of how Uber takes advantage of its drivers. Okay I get it,you created the technology the app that connects riders with drivers. Okay you derve a cut of my fare for the booking aspect and I think you deservWe some kind of technology fee since you guys derve it and have to maintain the company and be profitable. Where it all ends is when we are not even considered employees while all you actual people that work for Uber get your bonus. I guess you are not hearing from real drivers out there, real honest drivers. I use my own vehicle, I am responsbile for wear an tear, vehicle depreciation going down, gas, etc. I am simply asking that we get more of the cut and also more cut on UberPool rides and surge is joke and scam. Here is what I personally want.

1. Rider need to pay more of their fare to the driver, not uber.
2. No trip, a driver should get less than $5 no matter the milage. Uber needs to factor in that the driver pays for gass, there car, if they own it depreciates, and the convenience of drivers working so late for so litte.
3. Increase what rider pay and or drivers make at certain hours of the day no matter if surge.
4. Pay drivers for the distance for he time it takes to go pick up a driver. This should be part of the fare. Time after time I am in an area I want to be in and I get some request that is 20+minutes away just to pick them up only for the rider to cancel when I am almost there(small cancel fee does not cut it), or the rider is only traveling a short distance just for me to waste all my gas to get to them and drive them a small distance.
5. Uber Pool is a scam, I have to let multiple people in my personal vehicle, many of whom are hard to locate as they are never at their pick up spot exactly or take forever to get in your vehicle, all for me ot get one fare out of it. I should get an fare for each people I let in my vehicle. Does uber not think of safety here having more people in my vehicle when they are not even my direct employer.
6. Stop considering yourself a technology company, when what you are is leach of the backs of hard working americans where all you care about are social justice issues, you and your hob nob elitists.
7. The fact is most riders do not tip, they are too wasted to remember who drove them around or even do a rating. Have riders have the option of offering an upfront tip of some amount, then let me rate them.
8. Let riders know that if you give 5 stars, you should be tipping. Listen, there is no respect for an uber driver getting his customer safe to their location. Please promote this better. Have more double tip days and not on some stupid low rider day like Tuesday, WTF?
9. They say having baloons around makes people happier(except red baloon due to the IT movie), why not have more incentives for drivers. Lets say randomly given drivers stuff like more cash for gas becuase you appreciate them, or because they hit a mile stone in total rides or 5 star rides, give riders a bonus, or a raise in a sense of getting more or earning more of their fare.
10. This 180 day making things better is a joke. You don't really appreciate what we do, instead we just have to get emails about how you are supporting DACA and oppose anti Trump policy BS, do you really think the majority of drivers care about the people that make you money? Lets find out when we decide on a national Uber Strike day where all of us refuse to work on a particular day or set of days to show you who should really be important or in charge. let see how you react to that. We are not taxi drivers, we are hopefully all American, men, women, people with famlies that use our own cars, while a lot of your drunk riders are disrespectful to ourselves and property and we have to put up with it to earn extra cash. I do this part time but even you know you are not being fare. Once last thing, fire your support, they are worthless, tired of their auto preformated cut and past responses. Start advocating your drivers better than the riders.

Sorry for major typos and grammer in my rant guys. It would not let me edit because it (this forum)thinks a rant like this is SPAM, LOL. And please, anyone that that replies back with something like "If you don't like Uber, then don't drive for them", is a troll on here probably working for uber to report back what we are really saying. My goal is for Uber to be just be fare but still be profitible. We can get there together.

phillipzx3

Oh look. The 10,000th "start a Union" thread. And what makes you think you're not a taxi driver? Do you not get paid to haul people around? Your car may not be "branded," but you're fooling yourself if you think you're not a taxi driver. I shall now announce to the world the name change for a rose. From now on, they shall be called a "smelly thing."

Last edited:

UBERPROcolorado

I am tired of how Uber takes advantage of its drivers. Okay I get it,you created the technology the app that connects riders with drivers. Okay you derve a cut of my fare for the booking aspect and I think you deservWe some kind of technology fee since you guys derve it and have to maintain the company and be profitable. Where it all ends is when we are not even considered employees while all you actual people that work for Uber get your bonus. I guess you are not hearing from real drivers out there, real honest drivers. I use my own vehicle, I am responsbile for wear an tear, vehicle depreciation going down, gas, etc. I am simply asking that we get more of the cut and also more cut on UberPool rides and surge is joke and scam. Here is what I personally want.

1. Rider need to pay more of their fare to the driver, not uber.
2. No trip, a driver should get less than $5 no matter the milage. Uber needs to factor in that the driver pays for gass, there car, if they own it depreciates, and the convenience of drivers working so late for so litte.
3. Increase what rider pay and or drivers make at certain hours of the day no matter if surge.
4. Pay drivers for the distance for he time it takes to go pick up a driver. This should be part of the fare. Time after time I am in an area I want to be in and I get some request that is 20+minutes away just to pick them up only for the rider to cancel when I am almost there(small cancel fee does not cut it), or the rider is only traveling a short distance just for me to waste all my gas to get to them and drive them a small distance.
5. Uber Pool is a scam, I have to let multiple people in my personal vehicle, many of whom are hard to locate as they are never at their pick up spot exactly or take forever to get in your vehicle, all for me ot get one fare out of it. I should get an fare for each people I let in my vehicle. Does uber not think of safety here having more people in my vehicle when they are not even my direct employer.
6. Stop considering yourself a technology company, when what you are is leach of the backs of hard working americans where all you care about are social justice issues, you and your hob nob elitists.
7. The fact is most riders do not tip, they are too wasted to remember who drove them around or even do a rating. Have riders have the option of offering an upfront tip of some amount, then let me rate them.
8. Let riders know that if you give 5 stars, you should be tipping. Listen, there is no respect for an uber driver getting his customer safe to their location. Please promote this better. Have more double tip days and not on some stupid low rider day like Tuesday, WTF?
9. They say having baloons around makes people happier(except red baloon due to the IT movie), why not have more incentives for drivers. Lets say randomly given drivers stuff like more cash for gas becuase you appreciate them, or because they hit a mile stone in total rides or 5 star rides, give riders a bonus, or a raise in a sense of getting more or earning more of their fare.
10. This 180 day making things better is a joke. You don't really appreciate what we do, instead we just have to get emails about how you are supporting DACA and oppose anti Trump policy BS, do you really think the majority of drivers care about the people that make you money? Lets find out when we decide on a national Uber Strike day where all of us refuse to work on a particular day or set of days to show you who should really be important or in charge. let see how you react to that. We are not taxi drivers, we are hopefully all American, men, women, people with famlies that use our own cars, while a lot of your drunk riders are disrespectful to ourselves and property and we have to put up with it to earn extra cash. I do this part time but even you know you are not being fare. Once last thing, fire your support, they are worthless, tired of their auto preformated cut and past responses. Start advocating your drivers better than the riders.

Sorry for major typos and grammer in my rant guys. It would not let me edit because it (this forum)thinks a rant like this is SPAM, LOL. And please, anyone that that replies back with something like "If you don't like Uber, then don't drive for them", is a troll on here probably working for uber to report back what we are really saying. My goal is for Uber to be just be fare but still be profitible. We can get there together.

Okay. I think the following might help you in grasping this job:

....Uber driving is a contract job. As a contractor you are required to figure out a way to sucessfully accomplish the terms of the contract, as set forth by client. In this case, you must figure out a way to transport the client's riders and still make a profit. Or do not accept the contract. Being a contractor is not easy work. It general takes more effort and creativity than an employee position.

In general, you have to figure out how to make a profit with Uber, while still following the rules and laws. Making a profit is very attainable. I make a nice profit, but it took some time and trial & error to figure out how to profit. Complaining will not make you profitable and it is unlikely that Uber is going to just give you what you want, instead of you creating what you want.

You mentioned "up front tipping". Do you tip your server at a restaurant, in advance? NO. As for rating a rider based on their tip or lack of tip is simply wrong and i will bet it will never happen. Tipping is optional and not mandatory.

As for politics....it does not matter what Uber's politics are. Just focus of making a profit.

If your really want to make Ubering fun and profitable, here is what I do.

1. I greet each rider and open their door, when possible.
2. I am happy, engaging and interested in them and them only.
3. I try to avoid any negativity, refrain from the word "no".
4. I drive safely and pay close attention to navigation.
5. I ask if they need to stop at a 7-11 for anything.
6. When the trip is over, back to opening their doors when possible, making sure they have all their belongings, make sure they make it to their door or location if intoxicated and shake their hand. Deal closed! Tip on the way!
7. SPOTLESS CAR!!!!!!

I stock the following items at a cost of $5 .92 per day. Mostly via the dollar store:

COLD waters
Starburst
Altoids
Hand sanitizer
Lotion
Ibuprofen
Tums
Lint brush
Super glue to fix what ever may break on a person's outfit
Sewing kit
Umbrellas as needed

The amenities are paid for on the first trip or tip of the day. 5 stars the moment they get in and in most cases a tip after the ride. Many riders actually take pix of my set up and send them to friends. Amazing what a few penny will gain you with a rider.

Making uber work financially is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Just so you know I am for really, I attached a few screen shots.

Good luck and hope you can turn Uber into a good thing for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-28-16-30-08.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-28-16-30-08.png
    19 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_2017-09-28-16-31-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-28-16-31-32.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_2017-09-28-16-30-47.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-28-16-30-47.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 77

Whothought

....Uber driving is a contract job. As a contractor you are required to figure out a way to sucessfully accomplish the terms of the contract, as set forth by client. In this case, you must figure out a way to transport the client's riders and still make a profit. Or do not accept the contract. Being a contractor is not easy work. It general takes more effort and creativity than an employee position.

In general, you have to figure out how to make a profit with Uber, while still following the rules and laws. Making a profit is very attainable. I make a nice profit, but it took some time and trial & error to figure out how to profit. Complaining will not make you profitable and it is unlikely that Uber is going to just give you what you want, instead of you creating what you want.

You mentioned "up front tipping". Do you tip your server at a restaurant, in advance? NO. As for rating a rider based on their tip or lack of tip is simply wrong and i will bet it will never happen. Tipping is optional and not mandatory.

As for politics....it does not matter what Uber's politics are. Just focus of making a profit.

6. When the trip is over, back to opening their doors when possible, making sure they have all their belongings, make sure they make it to their door or location if intoxicated and shake their hand. Deal closed! Tip on the way!
7. SPOTLESS CAR!!!!!!

I stock the following items at a cost of $5 .92 per day. Mostly via the dollar store:

COLD waters
Starburst
Altoids
Hand sanitizer
Lotion
Ibuprofen
Tums
Lint brush
Sewing kit
Umbrellas as needed

The amenities are paid for on the first trip or tip of the day. 5 stars the moment they get in and in most cases a tip after the ride. Many riders actually take pix of my set up and send them to friends. Amazing what a few penny will gain you with a rider.

Making uber work financially is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Just so you know I am for really, I attached a few screen shots.

Suck hass
You somehow think that that's doing you good giving in to the pressure. can you get a tip if you just do your job safely and respectfully. I'll give you a dollar if you bring me a glass of orange juice.

I refuse to buy my tips

Whothought

UBERPROcolorado

Admit it you buy your tips and you're 5 stars.

How many times have you added to your shopping list f****** pathetic

Is this something like your vehicle? View attachment 162649

Sorry, my reply was hardly helpfully.

Consider this.......

A driver needs to look at the game from the pax side. The only thing that separates a cab driver from an Uber driver is cost. Most pax would have stayed with cabs had Uber matched cab prices. So a smart driver must find ways to put themselves above and beyond cabs (and other Ubers) to gain the pax's respect and ultimately their 5 star rating and a tip.

This is a customer service job. Give the pax what they want and in return they will give you what you want.

Whothought

Sorry, my reply was hardly helpfully.

Consider this.......

A driver needs to look at the game from the pax side. The only thing that separates a cab driver from an Uber driver is cost. Most pax would have stayed with cabs had Uber matched cab prices. So a smart driver must find ways to put themselves above and beyond cabs (and other Ubers) to gain the pax's respect and ultimately their 5 star rating and a tip.

This is a customer service job. Give the pax what they want and in return they will give you what you want.

Come on post a picture maybe I'll follow your lead.

WonderLeeWoman

I agree with a "strike day" And agree with all other suggestions that Uber could easily enact and make a real positive change! Money equates respect and appreciation and drivers are not getting either unless you drive in the few select cities! All drivers should indicate the same responses whenever getting smiley face feedback request... increase driver base pay to $5 pd to driver, increase amount charged for time on trip, increase tip suggestion amounts encourage tipping more, do away with surge and/or surge pricing from 5am-7am, 4-6 pm and 1-3 am. It's a few simple things that would make a big difference in which all would prosper

Also most independent contractors working with other companies make a lot more money than what's being made with Uber unless as I said, you work in the few select cities that are enabling money to be made off consistent and constant surge. I would bet the majority are getting frustrated chasing the dangling bait of a surge and I definitely couldn't afford to keep my car stocked with free items!

I_Like_Spam

So a smart driver must find ways to put themselves above and beyond cabs (and other Ubers) to gain the pax's respect and ultimately their 5 star rating and a tip.

Actually, that can make sense, if you can get the customers to call you directly for the ride.

As it is, the next time the individual calls for uber, they'll get someone else with a different idea of customer service and whatever "good will" you may have thought you were buying, fizzles away.

UberStrikeDay

This. Is. A. Customer. Service. Gig.
Customer service Gig? What are you talking about? Uber is 10x better an safer than a cab. To not tip is to be cheap skate, bottom line. If I do my job and get your destination safe, played good music that you want, clean car, a tip is expected. Not tiping is morally a crime. If we are customer service, why does Uber get a huge chunk of fare that is considered a "service fee" and booking fee? Uber is not smart. They are loosing money. A class action suit will follow soon pertaining to tipping. They definitely have been preventing,blocking, or stealing tips. I have my log/note book of rider, times, locations, and verbal consent when customers say they will tip but there is never a tip later. I guess I will get the last laugh when me and others I know will stop driving partime and uber spends more on signing up more people that try uber out and find that it is not worth it. Uber will get the point when drivers just stay logged off and do not drive. Class action law suits are coming, and Uber knows it. They are only a technology company, we drivers provide the service and we should be taking their service fee, they get they get the app booking fee.

UBERPROcolorado

Customer service Gig? What are you talking about? Uber is 10x better an safer than a cab. To not tip is to be cheap skate, bottom line. If I do my job and get your destination safe, played good music that you want, clean car, a tip is expected. Not tiping is morally a crime. If we are customer service, why does Uber get a huge chunk of fare that is considered a "service fee" and booking fee? Uber is not smart. They are loosing money. A class action suit will follow soon pertaining to tipping. They definitely have been preventing,blocking, or stealing tips. I have my log/note book of rider, times, locations, and verbal consent when customers say they will tip but there is never a tip later. I guess I will get the last laugh when me and others I know will stop driving partime and uber spends more on signing up more people that try uber out and find that it is not worth it. Uber will get the point when drivers just stay logged off and do not drive. Class action law suits are coming, and Uber knows it. They are only a technology company, we drivers provide the service and we should be taking their service fee, they get they get the app booking fee.
Customer service Gig? What are you talking about? Uber is 10x better an safer than a cab. To not tip is to be cheap skate, bottom line. If I do my job and get your destination safe, played good music that you want, clean car, a tip is expected. Not tiping is morally a crime. If we are customer service, why does Uber get a huge chunk of fare that is considered a "service fee" and booking fee? Uber is not smart. They are loosing money. A class action suit will follow soon pertaining to tipping. They definitely have been preventing,blocking, or stealing tips. I have my log/note book of rider, times, locations, and verbal consent when customers say they will tip but there is never a tip later. I guess I will get the last laugh when me and others I know will stop driving partime and uber spends more on signing up more people that try uber out and find that it is not worth it. Uber will get the point when drivers just stay logged off and do not drive. Class action law suits are coming, and Uber knows it. They are only a technology company, we drivers provide the service and we should be taking their service fee, they get they get the app booking fee.[/QUOTE

I would venture to guess that your riders are promising gratuity to keep you happy, while in your car. It is stupid to discuss tips with a rider. I NEVER discuss tips and as a result I get tips all the time. Via the app and in cash. Uber is not stealing your tips. Your post simply makes no sense. Sorry.

SurgeWarrior

7. SPOTLESS CAR!!!!!!

COLD waters
Starburst
Altoids
Hand sanitizer
Lotion
Ibuprofen
Tums
Lint brush
Sewing kit
Umbrellas as needed

How many five stars and badges will your power company accept as payment?

Grow up... stars and badges live in the ether..dont accept them in lieu of actual money!

Doggie238

Oh look. The 10,000th "start a Union" thread. And what makes you think you're not a taxi driver? Do you not get paid to haul people around? Your car may not be "branded," but you're fooling yourself if you think you're not a taxi driver. I shall now announce to the world the name change for a rose. From now on, they shall be called a "smelly thing."
Are you against starting a "union"?
The only way we drivers have power against abusive behavior of LYFT&UBER is to form our own army. They have the APP and the money, we have the cars and the drivers.
Nobody has ever yet got to their destination without US.

y LYFT& UBER

UBERPROcolorado

How many five stars and badges will your power company accept as payment?

Grow up... stars and badges live in the ether..dont accept them in lieu of actual money!

I am not sure how your market works, as east coast ppl can be pretty cold and heartless. My experience anyway. But ratings in Colorado mean money and trips. Many riders shop ratings before picking a driver. It is common for a rider to keep my car for multiple destinations and purposes. A 2 hour trip is not uncommon. They will canx driver after driver until they find a driver with the right car and a rating 4.98 or above. Then at the end of the trip, gratuity is substantial. Many are from out of town and many more are locals with money.

Ratings, amenities and proper formalities such as opening doors and carrying packages from a store and loading them bring big rewards. So ratings, at least in Denver, pays off in a big way.

I have found that if you follow the Uber rules and game plan, no matter strange it may seem, the money is always there. BUT, simply
Doing the bare minimum will NOT make money.

Drive safe.

brianboru

7. SPOTLESS CAR!!!!!!

COLD waters
Starburst
Altoids
Hand sanitizer
Lotion
Ibuprofen
Tums
Lint brush
Sewing kit
Umbrellas as needed

You don't have any condoms in stock.

grq79

You need to create a driver focused app as a form of movement and protest. Drivers do not have the luxury to take any time off because of how little they are paid.

It's a got to be a grass roots movement with driver's support.

Here in San Francisco, I've worked in the TCP/TNC industry for seven years and know this is only way to make change.

Steps to do this are as follows:

1) A demo app with a few drivers to validate functionality and show investors.

2) A patent to protect the IP and economic levers of the app

3) Get drivers to chip in a buck or two to build the demo and get patent protection. It shows market validation for investors to know there is a need for this product.

I've had to contract out software work before and have a company that can build a demo for $4k. Also this grass roots company would qualify for micro entity status and I'm also touch with a legal company that can do a software patent for $15k.

As for transparency I'm more than willing to pm those of interest the contracts to show due diligence on my part, but would need to also know your qualifications to know legitimacy. More than willing setup a chat with fellow advocates.

Robert Q