Let's do a study

Inshur

Suism

Since a recent biased study was published regarding lower rates equaling more pay, let's see what real life scenario states. Ladies and gentlemen, please post your weekly earnings for all the apps you work for. Specify the vehicle you drive and whether you only do X, Black, SUV, or Black SUV. You can do daily or weekly. State whether you used DF at any point and whether you milk your rides as well. Let's get some actual evidence instead of theoretical BS meant to justify their exploitation. Depending on the responses, I'll be writing an article of my own regarding this topic so please don't hesitate. Only way to fight for better pay is to dispel the lies.

Lenny_yellow_cab

Since a recent biased study was published regarding lower rates equaling more pay, let's see what real life scenario states. Ladies and gentlemen, please post your weekly earnings for all the apps you work for. Specify the vehicle you drive and whether you only do X, Black, SUV, or Black SUV. You can do daily or weekly. State whether you used DF at any point and whether you milk your rides as well. Let's get some actual evidence instead of theoretical BS meant to justify their exploitation. Depending on the responses, I'll be writing an article of my own regarding this topic so please don't hesitate. Only way to fight for better pay is to dispel the lies.
I think only full time app drivers with at least 4o hours per week.

For example me and FuberNYC do apps for limited time and we’re extremely picky so our per hour gross earnings are way higher than the average full time app driver.

That also goes for those who work part time and only work the “sweet” hours, they’re more likely to have higher per hour gross earnings.

Suism

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

For example me and FuberNYC do apps for limited time and we’re extremely picky so our per hour gross earnings are way higher than the average full time app driver.

That also goes for those who work part time and only work the “sweet” hours, they’re more likely to have higher per hour gross earnings.
Yeah I want to separate the earnings by hour so we can be very specific. I want to group them by hours, then find the average. So please guys don't be shy. One thing tho, please do state if you do base work as well. Maybe I'll make a Google form

FuberNYC

I usually average $40/hr during summer, $30-35/hr otherwise. Like Lenny_yellow_cab said, you need to be beyond picky to achieve those numbers.
Unfortunately, I no longer work for a base so I have a very limited time frame to make that happen. I can't afford to screw up or will end up making less than $30/hr, that's why my cancellation rate is always around 50 to 70% with Uber and Lyft temporarily (1 hr) deactivate me at least twice a week.

Lenny_yellow_cab

I usually average $40/hr during summer, $30-35/hr otherwise. Like Lenny_yellow_cab said, you need to be beyond picky to achieve those numbers.
Unfortunately, I no longer work for a base so I have a very limited time frame to make that happen. I can't afford to screw up or will end up making less than $30/hr, that's why my cancellation rate is always around 50 to 70% with Uber and Lyft temporarily (1 hr) deactivate me at least twice a week.
Im im the same boat, i make on average $30-$35/hr gross with the apps but I CANT do it consistently for more than 20-25 hrs a week.

K.O.N.Y

I'll take it a couple steps further
30hrs Last week
$19.86 per hour after overhead
$17.56 per hr clean after overhead and taxes
All Economy
Uber n Lyft

Zubera

30hrs Last week
All Economy
Uber n Lyft
I guess these numbers are for last year, otherwise you'd not know them for this year yet. How do you count your worked hours? Is that based on uber app?

jaybx17

I guess these numbers are for last year, otherwise you'd not know them for this year yet. How do you count your worked hours? Is that based on uber app?
The best app to keep tracking of your hours if you still have that Juno phone and keep it on the whole time you work is Juno. It has the most broken down hours busy and online table of all apps and i keep it on busy regardless if I take any jobs from them or not.

Attachments

K.O.N.Y

These numbers r from last week.
I like to keep track of my own hours
As far as taxes go my guesstimate for last year was $3200 ended up being $3600 so my guesstimates r pretty accurate thats how I know how much I'll be paying b4 I even do my taxes.

I feel like gross earnings is best for study due to the fact that everybody has different expenses and tax situation
Thats how they get us. They'll claim they'll never be able to come up with how much higher they should raise rates because everyone is earning differently

shumacker

What are the sweet hours. I need to know! :eek::biggrin:

30hrs Last week
All Economy
Uber n Lyft
ANT

Suism

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I need gross earnings for the week. Rather than per hour. Hour is inconsistent. Same with weekly earnings but at least weekly earnings will shed some light into hours and pay.

Wardell Curry

Wrong!!!!

You are still paying for registration and inspection sticker that you are not using

Probably paying for insurance too

You're in the negative
The only thing I'm paying is insurance which is higher due to tlc but I would be paying that with a regular car anyway. Registration was already paid for this year. And what's this inspection sticker you speak of. I last did that in July.

I'm
When is your final court hearing in regards to the pedestrian accident.
With TLC you are guilty until proven innocent and not the other way around. That really sucks.
I'm clear on Jan 11 but I'll be out of the country then so my lawyer will simply go in my place. I come back the 17th of that month.