Let's build a perfect rideshare lease as a community!

Michael - Cleveland

So I represent a leasing company in Southern California. We always have a ton of idle vehicles waiting for various things. If I wanted to build the best rideshare lease for Uber, Lyft, Sidecar, etc. out there, what components do you think would be most conducive to taking care of the ridesharing community? Provide your top 3 items that you would wish were included, and we will build one structured with the feedback we receive. Southern California will be the test market, and we can expand across the country.

Let me know, and glad to be included in this community.
Offer SHORT TERM leases on cars acquired off-lease - and inlcude an option to buy at the end of the lease period.

For example: Acquire cars coming off of 24 and 36 month leases and make them available to TNC drivers on a 60 Day/10,000 mile basis.

Advantage to the driver in that they can test the waters without a long-term commitment.

Advantage to the company is two-fold:
a) the vehicle has already taken its biggest hit in depreciation
b) you get the car back with minimal additional miles (relatively speaking), ready for sale.

Last edited:

Ubernice

So I represent a leasing company in Southern California. We always have a ton of idle vehicles waiting for various things. If I wanted to build the best rideshare lease for Uber, Lyft, Sidecar, etc. out there, what components do you think would be most conducive to taking care of the ridesharing community? Provide your top 3 items that you would wish were included, and we will build one structured with the feedback we receive. Southern California will be the test market, and we can expand across the country.

Let me know, and glad to be included in this community.
This is a great idea I hope you get the enough support to help you implement it

SafeT

Huberis - Some real good points. We are not trying to create a TNC, Uber has that on lock ;-). We are trying to offer an opportunity for drivers to "test market" ridesharing, and see if they like it without getting into a huge commitment with a vehicle, a ton of money down, or a huge payment that depletes all of their earnings. So at the beginning stages of a new market for our "franchisees", we set the rate at a higher level per mile, so that the cost of opening that new market can be mitigated quicker. Then when we have 50 (or whatever number) of base drivers, then ALL DRIVERS rates are reduced. Then when we get 100 drivers, ALL DRIVERS rates are reduced more. This type of model will encourage more drivers, to get other drivers involved, and the true benefit for us is in massive amounts of vehicles being utilized.
Thoughts?

You seem to not realize that the ride share market is already saturated with drivers and cars. The existing drivers barely break even with the cost structure. Your model would have them lose even more money. Assuming Uber would even allow the drivers to use your cars, what would be the point if the driver is making negative earnings each week? How long would that last?