Let me ask you all this...

Master_Liu

So I started late tonight close to 9pm on Wednesday night, Had a couple of pings on the Westside around Helms Bakery on Venice. Went into Westwood where I picked up 3 girls that probably were drunk already. So the pile in and the destination was Cabo Cantina on Wishire. I'm about a quarter of a mile from it when they changed their mind and set it to Dave & Busters on Hollywood and Highland.

As they're talking about guys and how "lit" they are (stupid term). They're going back and forth about who's gonna be where, blah blah blah. When they change the destination again, and didn't say anything to me, again they were drunk. and I'm at Hollywood and Highland, about to drop off, just waiting for the turn signal. I just happen to swap back to the Uber app and see the destination was changed.

I asked the client, "Did you change the destination?", she replied, "Oh, yeah... we're gonna go to the Cabo Cantina.". Now they wanted to play their music through the aux cord, so I didn't hear no tone chime, nada. As they we talking all loud, and playing crappy music.

They client needed to use the restroom, and had said so towards the end of the ride, but said she'll just wait to get to the destination. And she needed to go bad.

Back to my point of when I asked of the last change to the destination, one of her friends started to disagree with me. And the other girls was telling her that she wasn't paying attention to them. I kept quiet, so they get out and the girl that started to give me attitude SLAMMED my door. So I one starred that pax

Ikept my cool, and was professional. Calm, until she slammed my door. I even asked them, what would you like me to do? But the client needed to go use the restroom.

I have nothing to do with your friends changing their minds on where to go, my car has nothing to do with your friends. DON'T take it out on me or my car.

So drivers, how do you deal with PAX's that change the destination multiple times and are stupid drunk? Tips, advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

ajcadoo

Not sure if enabling Alert notifications (instead of banner notifications) could have let you know of the destination change?

Master_Liu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure if enabling Alert notifications (instead of banner notifications) could have let you know of the destination change?
With 3 girls talking and the crappy music playing. I couldn't hear anything.

Beur

I had this happen Monday night. In their quest to find the best fireworks show, what should have been a minimum$2.84 far turned into a $17.02 fare and a $20 tip.

I'm in the game to make money and if that means going with the multiple destination changes I'm good with it. If their $20 tip was them buying off their guilt, I'm good with it.

Money talks to me. When people promise they'll "take care" care of me with a "nice tip" I always respond with "tipping nicely upfront gets you the best ride of the night." If they hand me anything less than a $20, I laugh and tell them to keep it and order another driver.

anything below $20 is not taking care of me with a nice tip.

Queenofthepak

So I started late tonight close to 9pm on Wednesday night, Had a couple of pings on the Westside around Helms Bakery on Venice. Went into Westwood where I picked up 3 girls that probably were drunk already. So the pile in and the destination was Cabo Cantina on Wishire. I'm about a quarter of a mile from it when they changed their mind and set it to Dave & Busters on Hollywood and Highland.

Back to my point of when I asked of the last change to the destination, one of her friends started to disagree with me. And the other girls was telling her that she wasn't paying attention to them. I kept quiet, so they get out and the girl that started to give me attitude SLAMMED my door. So I one starred that pax

Ikept my cool, and was professional. Calm, until she slammed my door. I even asked them, what would you like me to do? But the client needed to go use the restroom.

I have nothing to do with your friends changing their minds on where to go, my car has nothing to do with your friends. DON'T take it out on me or my car.

So drivers, how do you deal with PAX's that change the destination multiple times and are stupid drunk? Tips, advice?
Just go along with the changes, because it means more money for you. However, you do NOT have to do it. You can cancel the ride, and ask them to get out and call for another Uber, which is Uber's suggestion. I went through similar with a drunk pax on Monday, however, he was a very nice drunk, just couldn't seem to remember where he was going. We went from Encino to Culver City to Downtown to UCLA at a 2.5 surge! It ended up being a $50 fare for 44 minutes.

You did very good keeping your cool, and staying calm. You should have just left after they slammed the door, and then 1-star and report incident to Uber.

ajcadoo

With 3 girls talking and the crappy music playing. I couldn't hear anything.
Right, but the visual indicator of the alert showing up could catch your eye? It does for me, but I have my phone kinda close to me as I drive.

Just Another Uber Drive

As they're talking about guys and how "lit" they are (stupid term). They're going back and forth about who's gonna be where, blah blah blah. When they change the destination again, and didn't say anything to me, again they were drunk. and I'm at Hollywood and Highland, about to drop off, just waiting for the turn signal. I just happen to swap back to the Uber app and see the destination was changed.

I asked the client, "Did you change the destination?", she replied, "Oh, yeah... we're gonna go to the Cabo Cantina.". Now they wanted to play their music through the aux cord, so I didn't hear no tone chime, nada. As they we talking all loud, and playing crappy music.

They client needed to use the restroom, and had said so towards the end of the ride, but said she'll just wait to get to the destination. And she needed to go bad.

Is Helms still in business? When I was a kid in the 60s we used to have yellow panel vans which delivered bakery goods from Helms.

GeladaMate

It's all about the miles. If they are going the distance it's all good. If the grand total of the trip is under 15 miles. There ride ends at the first stop. They can find a donkey to take them the rest of the way. End trip 1 star report drunk abusive passengers throw in they had open containers of alcohol with them and they refused to dispose it after you spotted the containers.

CaptainJackLA

I always say NO to aux cord. Especially these idiots going 1-2 miles. No thx.

2nd, if they get out of hand with being loud and distracting, I pull over and tell them ride is over. I'm here to make money, not get headaches. Dumb shots.

Optimus Uber

I wait until either they cross the front or the rear of the car then I run them over