Let’s hear it for Uber 🎉

RideKnight

It makes you wonder why they’re not capping drivers on LI when this is the kind of money they’re making on surges.
BRB, looking up the definition of “significant portion”
844116A1-197C-457A-912F-438E36C6063C.jpeg
1BC77B0B-E84F-49CC-9AA9-51105943CC71.jpeg

John M Santana

My response to them once, after doing a long-ride with surge, and finding that they had taken over 40% also, was, "At what point did you physically get behind the wheel of my car --- the only person, besides my mechanic and car wash, was my girlfriend, to move it out of the driveway --- to justify you taking nearly HALF of my labor and wear-and-tear on my car?"

5231XDMA

What is UberX I’m new to this and also I heard about it Uber card ? Not the debit card
Uber credit card for people to pay for uber services. UberX is a class of uber ride available, it's usually an economy sedan.

Fpb24

Uber credit card for people to pay for uber services. UberX is a class of uber ride available, it's usually an economy sedan.
Oh I only do Uber eats what is the use of the card? I see people on Facebook saying they get more money using this Uber card? I already have the debit card

5231XDMA

Oh I only do Uber eats what is the use of the card? I see people on Facebook saying they get more money using this Uber card? I already have the debit card
You get paid on debit card. Credit card is for customers, they earn points by spending on it. You don't need the Uber credit card as a driver, delivery or not.

Ironman8721

Uber in nyc Long Island is finished...the sooner you have your exit strategy the better....I used to work 40 hours now past 2 months am just doing max 15 to 20 hours ...luckily I found something that pay $40 hour without destroying my car and health

Jef313392

I worked 10 hours between Thursday and Saturday for a total of $207. Thursday and Friday I worked in the evening during rush hour. Not one surge. Saturday evening I had a pax with a $2.25 surge. I made that my last ride for the night. No incentive anymore. When the surge was a multiplier during certain times it was worth it. Rush hour should be surges everywhere.
Friday I picked up pax in Massapequa for trip to garden City. Took 45 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic. I've attached a pic of the fare. This company is worth billions yet has no idea how to turn a profit. There should have been a surge for this ride. I picked then up around 5:30p and dropped them off around 6:15p
If people do not want to drive themselves around during busy times of the day then they should pay accordingly for the privilege of being driven by someone else.

Attachments

LIsuberman

And No tip Jef313392 - for a 45 min ride ? Long Island PAX have gotten disgusting. Today , Presidents day, morning hours were worse than ever. Cheep pax and pax that rate 4* are the problem with LI. If I could give you a 5* then you could give me a 5*. I have watched my ratings slide and my tips disappear - all while giving great service over the last few years as I have always done. The end of rideshare is near and there is nothing anyone can or will do about it ! This side gig does not have a great future.

Jef313392

And No tip Jef313392 - for a 45 min ride ? Long Island PAX have gotten disgusting. Today , Presidents day, morning hours were worse than ever. Cheep pax and pax that rate 4* are the problem with LI. If I could give you a 5* then you could give me a 5*. I have watched my ratings slide and my tips disappear - all while giving great service over the last few years as I have always done. The end of rideshare is near and there is nothing anyone can or will do about it ! This side gig does not have a great future.
Since this uber pro and platinum started Aug 1 my ratings went from 4.92 to 4.82 and I haven't been able to consistently get 5 star ratings. Very few people tip in general which is fascinating. This particular ride received a discount and couldn't even tip the amount discounted. I don't believe in overtipping unless you ask for something in particular, but I'd be curious as to what would make these people tip an acceptable percentage of the fare. What other than a safe ride in a clean vehicle do these pax think they should get to give a tip and a 5 star rating?

Ironman8721

I worked 10 hours between Thursday and Saturday for a total of $207. Thursday and Friday I worked in the evening during rush hour. Not one surge. Saturday evening I had a pax with a $2.25 surge. I made that my last ride for the night. No incentive anymore. When the surge was a multiplier during certain times it was worth it. Rush hour should be surges everywhere.
Friday I picked up pax in Massapequa for trip to garden City. Took 45 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic. I've attached a pic of the fare. This company is worth billions yet has no idea how to turn a profit. There should have been a surge for this ride. I picked then up around 5:30p and dropped them off around 6:15p
If people do not want to drive themselves around during busy times of the day then they should pay accordingly for the privilege of being driven by someone else.
Did I told you about my cousin he is filling for bankruptcy because of 60,000 car loan and huge tlc payments insurance losing everything and has 3 kids family to feed ....there are thousands of Nyc drivers who are moving to longisland because Uber screwed them up by advertising big in whole Nyc $80,000 income to become Uber driver in nyc and now they can’t even make $1000 a month....Everyone have your Exit Strategy ready as soon as possible if you don’t have one yet !