1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Lessons being learned

Discussion in 'Tips' started by ricks2524, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Mista T

Mista T Active Member

Why do you think i ordered ubereats?

Mebbe cuz your a lazy POS that doesnt mind spending too much money to have something delivered, but wont tip the person who delivered it. Just a guess, ma'am.

Bpr2 likes this.
  2. UBERPROcolorado

UBERPROcolorado Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    On Friday and Saturday nights I stay on the app to take home the service staff from certain bars and clubs. A deal I worked out. Here is how it works:

The bar agrees to provide a $5 tip to each service staff member. I show up at a certain time and one rider keeps requesting until I get the ride. Uber X. I take 4 staff members. I hit the first drop off, then they change the address to the next drop and so on, until all are home. Then return and do it again.

It seems to work pretty good. Still need to run it by uber to make sure they are okay with it.

3. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

Wait - why does the bar give $5 to each staff member? do they then give the $5 to you when they exit the car? Is there something shady going on? This sounds above-board, it's all in the app except for cash tips (if that's what's happening) so Uber is getting their share.

4. UBERPROcolorado

UBERPROcolorado Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, the tip is given to the driver by the riders as they exit at each location. It is the bars contribution to their staffs trip home. CASH tips are allowed here. And I think uber would be okay with it. Just going to have to ask I guess.

5. Edward Longshanks

Edward Longshanks New Member

All I know is reading this thread has tipped me over the edge on tipping, pun intended

Rakos likes this.

6. ricks2524

ricks2524 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Here's one for you. Today I picked up a pax at the local market to take him home. On the way he started asking about drivers being able to rate riders. I told him yes we can rate them on how well they behaved etc. I said a lot of drivers may give out bad rating for someone that don't tip. I dropped him off at his house and he added a $6.00 tip to his $4.00 ride LOL.

7. HeavyFlow

HeavyFlow Member

Draw 5 stars on a napkin & put it where the tip goes to really drive it home.

8. Yozee

Yozee Active Member

Lesson LEARNED not being learned!
    Fool me once;)

9. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

Lesson learned...the people that can afford to tip don't, not all of them but a large majority. I have gotten good tips from the wealthy but a small percentage compared to the number I pick up. CEO of power company, no tip. Owner of gas station chain, nice tips.

The people who slave for their paychecks tip. Picked up a kid (young man) from a trailer park, he was going to work at a pizza joint. Flabbergasted when I saw he tipped $4 in the app. Another guy I take works at Walmart tips $3-$4 each time.

Had a pax whose SO is Uber driver and she's in the service industry. No tip.

Rakos likes this.