1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Legal action? San Francisco

Discussion in 'San Francisco' started by Tncluber, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Tncluber

Tncluber

I'm thinking of going to a lawyer over recent issues and emails uber had sent out. Cancelation policy doesn't sound legal at all. If we aren't being paid during the time we accept or cancel, how can they dictate what we do on our time?

2. Eric Lien

Eric Lien

Driving:
    UberX
    Not clear what you are saying.

You mean after you accept the ride, and then Uber allows pax to cancel, without paying the driver anything for his time between acceptance and cancellation? Sometimes the "en route" time could be 10 minutes or more. Agree, the time and car expenses should be paid for by pax or Uber itself. It is a contract between the parties - pax and driver - for a service. The payment is akin to non-refundable deposit. Except for Uber's interference resulting in the driver losing a deposit. You go see a lawyer and start another class action lawsuit. Every driver has similar experience, and hence a class action.

3. Tncluber

Tncluber

You lost me. I was just saying how can uber dictate whether or not to cancel a ride, of at the time we cancel we are not on any sort of pay clock or meter. Understand? So as we are driving to the passenger we are not being paid. So it's our time. How can uber tell us what to do on our time.

4. jojucast

jojucast

Driving:
    UberX
    The fact is, Uber controls our ability to drive. They are able to suspend, cancel, or dictate whatever it wants, because there no laws that control or prevent it from doing so. on one hand they claim that Partners/Drivers are independent, then just as suddenly, they do things that clearly send a message that Partners/Drivers are employees. That is why the class action lawsuit is currently making its way through the courts. Ultimately, you are better off just biting the bullet and not making waves or trying to understand why they do what they do. I suggest, just driving and not trying to justify Uber's actions, ultimately, they don't care about the Partners/Drivers.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015