Uber Drivers Forum banner

Left NYC and rideshare for good

2K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Zubera 
#1 ·
I got the job that I was looking for since before all the covid 19 crap started. I had been doing IT consulting for the last 5 years and had a plan to fully transition to it full time at the end of 2020 but covid accelerated everything. I moved to NJ last weekend and will start working next Monday the 6th. I did not go to college and spent all that money that's the beauty of the IT industry certifications will do just fine and can net you a decent salary with nice benefits. My commercial registration is up the 20th and tlc inspection in August I'm not renewing. If some of you are interested in going into IT I can give a few pointers as to were to start and it's not very expensive( less than 1k +time to study) to get 3 certification that can make you earn at least 65k/year with benefits. Well all know rideshare has fed us for a while now but it's not a long term career.

#4 ·
A cousin of mine once talked to me about what some of his friends were doing, taking courses totalling 4-5,000 in computer programming courses and then working for big companies. I told him with so many people joining there will just be too many people trying to get a job in this field.

#9 ·
A cousin of mine once talked to me about what some of his friends were doing, taking courses totalling 4-5,000 in computer programming courses and then working for big companies. I told him with so many people joining there will just be too many people trying to get a job in this field.
You had to take courses and pay 5k upfront for a even more crowded NYC Uber market but that didn't stop you.

#19 ·
And I am not complaining about that. Uber drivers can be double what they are now and still get jobs. In the computer field you don't even need a degree to join IT/programming jobs and many people are joining. I am just letting people know that they may not find a job because at one point it will be saturated in the computer field.

#11 ·
Right now I have CompTIA A+, Cisco CCN, and CompTIA Security + they last for 3 years and with CompTIA you just have to renew the highest level one and all the lower ones get renewed or you can get another certification and that also renews the others

#17 ·
Yea I'm looking to go into IT too I've been studying for the first part of the A+ almost finished going through most of the material. Definitely gotta go over it again and take those practice exams. I'm going through it by watching this guy named professor Messer on YouTube. Would you recommend having a secondary source to study from like a textbook? Also have my final class to get my degree in CIS by the end of the year. Good luck to you brother and I hope the best for you.

Also what this guys saying about IT and certifications is true I've met many people who I wouldn't consider particularly "bright" get decent paying jobs just by putting the time effort and work into it. Ive also seen bright people I know who went into it and are doing very well because they did the work and put the effort in.

#21 ·
Yea I'm looking to go into IT too I've been studying for the first part of the A+ almost finished going through most of the material. Definitely gotta go over it again and take those practice exams. I'm going through it by watching this guy named professor Messer on YouTube. Would you recommend having a secondary source to study from like a textbook? Also have my final class to get my degree in CIS by the end of the year. Good luck to you brother and I hope the best for you.

Also what this guys saying about IT and certifications is true I've met many people who I wouldn't consider particularly "bright" get decent paying jobs just by putting the time effort and work into it. Ive also seen bright people I know who went into it and are doing very well because they did the work and put the effort in.
https://www.examcompass.com/ here you can practice the tests you get 100 questions out 900 and need a 70 to. Pass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.