• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Left item in my car

RogerJS

I had a pax leave a I Pad and expensive case in my car today tucked under the front seat so I didn't see it when she got out of the car.. I notified Uber and they got back to me with the typical canned email, asked if they could give my cell # to the pax ..blah blah.. I responded to Uber on how they suggested I get the I Pad back to the Pax since she was 35 miles away in Culver City, their response was its my responsibility to return it at my expense, as part of Exceptional service" !! Anyone else have this issue before !

Calibread

Contact pax and tell them to meet at neutral location near you, if they really want it(they probably do) then they can come get it.

Danielson_

This is what happens when you play by the book. Be nice and uber uses no lube.

Ask her to come to you, if not she needs to give you gas money AT LEAST for your time. Don't give the iPad until she gives you the money in hand.

I read a post a while back where a driver returned an item, Woman said she would give him gas money then when he arrived he gave her the item and nothing in return from her.

Not Me

Drop it off at the nearest police station. Give them the details and say that uber did not provide any other info. Get some type of receipt that you dropped it off at the POPO.
Next time, do what the others do...nearest trash can. It's not worth it. They can go look for it with Find My Iphone or Find My Ipad.

All iphones/ipads now have" find my (whatever)"... integrated. If the device is on, the owner knows where it's at. You can't reset it or turn the app off. Best is to turn off the device and dish it.

soonsoon

use to be a time..not so long ago..Uber would pay us $10 dollars to return item back to customers. Now they're 50 billion poor and can't afford it.

if you get contacted by customer tell them you'll return it to them pronto for a flat fee of $20 as part off the exceptional Uber service otherwise when I get a chance I can drop it off at the Uber office in Westwood or you can come pick it up but I don't know when I'll be home. I'm working so hard trying to make a living.

PTB

contact pax and give her your location
ask her to request an Uber ride from your location in LA to Culver City
so educate her on how to drop the pin properly where you are located in LA
and tell her you will basically do a package delivery

Not Me

use to be a time..not so long ago..Uber would pay us $10 dollars to return item back to customers. Now they're 50 billion poor and can't afford it.

if you get contacted by customer tell them you'll return it to them pronto for a flat fee of $20 as part off the exceptional Uber service otherwise when I get a chance I can drop it off at the Uber office in Westwood or you can come pick it up but I don't know when I'll be home. I'm working so hard trying to make a living.
That will also do. Personally, I prefer the nearest trash can far away from your home tip.

lrod1887

one time I lost my keys somewhere at work, and I had my GF get an uber and give the uber driver bring me my keys at my work . she used the drop off location and I was waiting . not bad, the uber was $25

Genji

contact pax and give her your location
ask her to request an Uber ride from your location in LA to Culver City
so educate her on how to drop the pin properly where you are located in LA
and tell her you will basically do a package delivery
I was getting ready to write the same thing.

Optimus Uber

It's apparent they weren't taught responsibility as children. Time to be the teacher. I guarantee if they lost something this important to them once it will never happen again. I don't care about a tip. All the added communication and trying to setup pickup/drop off time and location is undo stress. It's not worth the tip. Chuck it and forget it. They will always check in the future. They will not forget.

Just like being at the car in 5 minutes, enough rider no shows and they will be at the curb when you show up. We are teachers, they will learn with enough financial loss to be responsible.