Leave Downtown Now!

Mad Medic

Sat Sept 2nd worse than usual. Get the hell out now, not worth the crap pay.

@@@@@@@ pedestrian on Hubbard St. had the balls to punch my car. Dumb Ass. We the cars had the green light to turn right but they think they can just take over the intersection and we're never supposed to inch our way out little by little. @@@@@@bag also said he would "kill my ass" as he pretended to reach in his jacket as if to indicate something.

Asswipe thinking he's a big man impressing his lady.

20 years ago I would've whooped his ass right on that street and then stomp my foot on his freakin head when he was down.

But now, I'm an older and wiser man. Also a calmer man.

Call me a woosh but I ended my trip with pax on the spot, gave them my apologies for any inconviences and then hollered "Hey officer I'd like to report a misdemeanor crime"

We'll see how he's impressing his woman now.

Oh well, I'll go work Humbolt Park or the Chatam areas for a while before heading home.

Grand Master B

@@@@@@@ pedestrian on Hubbard St. had the balls to punch my car. Dumb Ass. We the cars had the green light to turn right but they think they can just take over the intersection and we're never supposed to inch our way out little by little. ******bag also said he would "kill my ass" as he pretended to reach in his jacket as if to indicate something.

20 years ago I would've whooped his ass right on that street and then stomp my foot on his freakin head when he was down.

Call me a woosh but I ended my trip with pax on the spot, gave them my apologies for any inconviences and then hollered "Hey officer I'd like to report a misdemeanor crime"

Oh well, I'll go work Humbolt Park or the Chatam areas for a while before heading home.

100 to 1 i bet u were near hubbard and state. come on, tell me i'm right.

Mad Medic

100 to 1 i bet u were near hubbard and state. come on, tell me i'm right.
Too Easy. You get even money for that bet.

1st pax was a $35 fare going to Elfie bar. Dropped off got a ping curbside from Shaws Crab House.

You know how jammed up it is there trying to turn on State. If you dont go, you'll never go. Had the green, turning right and had clear passage, only doing like a half mile per hour, yielding IF any pedestrians in my path. These idiots basically walk into my drivers side.

People that only get downtown once every 3 years really need to learn what city etiquette is. Spoiled suburban @@@@@@bag

Zuber7

Did he do damage to your car? If he did, I would've jumped out and held his ass down until the cops came. Learn Jiu Jistu my friends...

UberBeemer

Fellas, you need to brush up on the rules of the road:
"in Illinois it is the law. Whether there is a marked crosswalk or not, Illinois right-of-way law states that motorists stop and yield to pedestrians crossing at an intersection. For the safety of both the pedestrian and the motorist, it is vital that drivers pay close attention when approaching an intersection where a pedestrian is trying to cross, especially when there is no traffic signs or signals."

https://www.rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com/news/illinois-law-requires-motorists-to-yield-to-pedestrians/

Zuber7

"in Illinois it is the law. Whether there is a marked crosswalk or not, Illinois right-of-way law states that motorists stop and yield to pedestrians crossing at an intersection. For the safety of both the pedestrian and the motorist, it is vital that drivers pay close attention when approaching an intersection where a pedestrian is trying to cross, especially when there is no traffic signs or signals."

https://www.rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com/news/illinois-law-requires-motorists-to-yield-to-pedestrians/
true that, but if he its your car, its game on...

UberBeemer

true that, but if he its your car, its game on...
The only game on should be a police report with dash cam footage. Cops tend to take a dim view of people taking the law into their own hands. Someone smacking your car is no reason to go deadpool.

Mad Medic

I hear you. Laws were obeyed. Making a right turn on green with no pedestrians then due to complete traffic stopped and congestion, pedestrians do not have a right to just walk into a street where your car happens to be completely stopped in traffic and then begin punching on your vehicle beacause now your in their way. All we can do at that point is remain stopped, yield to them with a friendly wave to go ahead and proceed to cross in front of your vehicle.

If that's not a fair enough deal, screw em, nothing else you can do, cant reverse your car 1 foot back, there happy asses can take 1 step left at that point and walk in front of you as you're yielding. There's no law that allows a pedestrian to walk into a stopped vehicle and begin punching it.

CPD agreed on this one. That's why his dumbass wad charged with criminal damage to property as well as assault.

As a driver I Always yield to pedestrians, always drive with the utmost safety in mind and am very well versed on Illinois motorists laws.

I appreciate the heads up on the laws. This however was just a plaim case of a dumb ass drunk idiot.

Even my 3 pax were like "dude what's your f in problem, we're just stopped in traffic as we were turning and now a minute later you walk up and start beating on this guys vehicle"

LyftRus

I came out when rain started and left at 9:30pm, not my typical Saturday night as I usually drive till 3am but wasn't feeling it last night I was getting non surge rides and that wasn't doing it for me so I simply left.

BigHurt35

I've had sobre people do this to me as well. As long as theres no damage to car i could care less if they break their hand punching car.

For those that have spent time overseas, this whole pedestrian right away law does not exist and any other country. I'll save the judgement of whether it is more civilized to others but i can say, people tend to pay a lot more attention when crossing outside of USA.

Pooooobear

It is totally not worth it to drive downtown, too much traffic, too many pedestrians and a lot of short trips! F em, let them walk!
While I was trying to park the other day I blocked one of those bike lanes just for a few seconds. Then all of the sudden I had some crazy shemale banging on my roof because I blocked her path before I could get in my parking spot.
Don't traffic laws apply to bikers? They don't see stop signs, they don't see red lights they do whatever the hell they want.

lakersfan1

There's some kind of an entitlement problem with Chicago pedestrians and bike riders. They take their "right of way" shit too far. It doesnt mean run in front of 3,000lbs of steel. They dont even check to make sure I can see then before they jump in the street. In Itasca or Wheaton or other normalish burbs, people actually look both ways before crossing.

NewAge82

There's some kind of an entitlement problem with Chicago pedestrians and bike riders. They take their "right of way" shit too far. It doesnt mean run in front of 3,000lbs of steel. They dont even check to make sure I can see then before they jump in the street. In Itasca or Wheaton or other normalish burbs, people actually look both ways before crossing.
Because people out there use common sense. Pedestrians on the Southside or Westside know they will get hit & the driver will keep on going. From my experience, Only downtown and northside do they act like they are made of steel. Even taxi drivers act like they have some sense on the Southside & Westside lol.

The Mollusk

@@@@@@@ pedestrian on Hubbard St. had the balls to punch my car. Dumb Ass. We the cars had the green light to turn right but they think they can just take over the intersection and we're never supposed to inch our way out little by little. ******bag also said he would "kill my ass" as he pretended to reach in his jacket as if to indicate something.

I don't think you're cut out to be a taxi driver...

Chicago-uber

I haven't been downtown since 3 weeks ago when I quit livery for good. I do not miss it at all. 1 hour travel between ord and downtown and especially Friday afternoons. Forget about it.

And these pedestrians can suck my ass. Or these divvy bikers. I guess rules do not apply to them. Keep biking on Michigan Ave. Stupid organ donors :rolleyes:

Mad Medic

I've had sobre people do this to me as well. As long as theres no damage to car i could care less if they break their hand punching car.

For those that have spent time overseas, this whole pedestrian right away law does not exist and any other country. I'll save the judgement of whether it is more civilized to others but i can say, people tend to pay a lot more attention when crossing outside of USA.
Yep, especially with all the high speed turnabouts.

So I did the smart thing and left downtown just knowing after 1st few rides it was looking like a night of idiot disrespectfull pax way beyond the normal usual weekend.

A punch to the car, 1 passed out female before 10pm and then the dudes that asked if I had any kids that then proceeded to begin to tell me all the perverted things they would do to my 18 year old daughter was enough. That trip ended immediately. Took all the patience I had on that one.

Humboldt Park pax were a dream last night and this morning compared to the club crowds.

All wasn't lost though. Had an awesome pax. Young guy and his girlfriend both born in Poland and moved to Chicago at the age of 3.

Great pax. Great conversation. Only a $15 fare for me with boost from 1900 North Ave going to the 1800 block of Norwood. Took 20 minutes and the guy ends the ride telling his girlfriend "I gotta tip my man here"

He hands over two bills folded up. I said thanks, thinking it was two singles and pulled away.

Couple blocks later I unfolded and was completely surprised. This guy gave me two twenty spots and I sincerely dont think it was a drunken error. Just an awesome pax.

I've never gotten a $40 tip ever doing Uber. Most I've received from 1 ride was twenty on an airport run.

5 stars plus for this pax. He made what was so far a crap night suddenly get a lot better. Wish there were more just half as good as this couple

Reactions: MHR