1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Least Rides In A Week

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by NeRvOuS, May 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

1. NeRvOuS

NeRvOuS Member

I kid you not ... I've been online almost 40 hours this week and have only logged 2 trips and 1 rider cancellation. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is Uber phasing out in Vegas? Has the app been hacked? Is it the Russians? The Aliens? Donald Trump? Hillary? What the heck???? It's Friday now and you would expect that it should start to pick up a bit. I've been online since 6:30 am and have not had 1 ping. I live across and up the street from two hotels and a huge shopping center, you'd think they would send something my way.... NOT! Sheesh. Here's proof .... Uber Week 20.png

Chitownprius likes this.
  2. AFCruz

AFCruz New Member

I was in Vegas for my 30th bday in April and I truly didn't hear uber was there till my 5/7 day there. I spent so much $$$ on those damn cab companies before I finally discovered uber out there. I can't believe there's even competition for uber but there marketing is horrible... those guys in the corner don't cut it.

NeRvOuS likes this.
  3. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

Maybe your house is in a bad spot and there is always a closer driver most of the time. Have you tried turning on your app while driving around?

UberDude2 likes this.
  4. NeRvOuS

NeRvOuS Member

I've been up and down the strip from the M Resort to Fremont Street, the airport with the other 375 drivers, and all over this city. I figured I'd drive around a bit this week but that doesn't work, it's never profitable ... I don't drive around looking for rides because you waste gas and that costs, plus there's a boat load of drivers out here in this market. You'll have an empty tank before you get a ping these days. And those $3.75 X rides are a big waste of time. You spend more accepting those rides than you do profiting.

5. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

With the app on try driving... check to see if your GPS position updates as you move on the Uber map.

My app has an issue with GPS updating from time to time and when the position does not update it seems like I do not get pings. I usually realize this is happening when I manage to get 2 Lyft pings in a row with no Uber pings in between.

6. NeRvOuS

NeRvOuS Member

Thanks, I'll check it out.

7. Always laughing

Always laughing Member

Anytime I feel that I'm not getting my fair share I delete and re-install the app. Honestly I have noticed a difference. Also I break and lose phones to often so I operate on a cheap phone Samsung on5 as long as I clear my caches every couple of days I have no issues, but if I forget to do so in high concentrated areas I have noticed a lag in pings.

8. kojeislandincha

kojeislandincha Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Great Post!!! Awesome Post! If I Owned a taxi Company,this would be the greatest Post.....Good for You... The Taxi Companies R Here! They post Hard Core Anti Rideshare

9. TransporterX

TransporterX Well-Known Member

I thought this week would be slow but fortunately i'm at 900 (Uber, Lyft and tips combined) incl 4hr Amazon Flex.
    I guess i found myself a honeypot.

10. kojeislandincha

kojeislandincha Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  11. UberDude2

UberDude2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You waited to "hear" about Uber operating in the city so you just payed 3X the amount for a cab? I guess it didn't cross your mind to just open the app to see if there were any cars roaming around huh? Brilliant!

TomH likes this.