Leaf profitable to Uber?

Prius13

Always wanted an ev. And to Uber and use this for delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_20170909_145430.jpg
    IMG_20170909_145430.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 95

Shakur

No gas, charges 30 mins...ill be in one in about an hour for the night. No more miles on my personal car ftw

Prius13

This would not make it on Amazon four hour block eg today maybe driven 130 miles total today on Prius.

Torque on this amazing tho, outrun the dorks trying to run you off Manheim as you try to get to terminals from Ord pit.

UberBeemer

I don't think I will ever finance a car for this gig full time. Unless it's your side job, if you can find a suitable ride you can pay cash for, you won't be pressured to drive to make payments.

LEAFdriver

I've been driving mine as much as possible lately....because come winter....I'll only be able to do about 1-2 rides a day in it...depending on how cold it is outside. I like to joke with my pax when I'm driving my Leaf....that my other car, the Prius...is my 'Gas Guzzler'. :rolleyes:

Now with gas prices going up .40 a gallon in just the last week....I'm trying to get as many rides as possible in my Leaf. I just wish there was a FREE Quick Charger (Level 3) closer to me. There's one in Northbrook...which is halfway between me and ORD. I always stop there and 'fill up' after I drop a pax at ORD with my LEAF.

Torque on this amazing tho, outrun the dorks trying to run you off Manheim as you try to get to terminals from Ord pit.

Yes....I LOVE IT! :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's great when I am in a lane that merges right after the stoplight. No matter what is next to me....I always end up in front when the light turns green. :biggrin:

Vladko

Still waiting for my tesla model 3 :rolleyes:
Gave a ride to the Tesla dealership manager in Highland Park. He says the car for 35k will be "empty",no bells and whistles. Loaded will cost 55k. Not my budget again.

Wha
I've been driving mine as much as possible lately....because come winter....I'll only be able to do about 1-2 rides a day in it...depending on how cold it is outside. I like to joke with my pax when I'm driving my Leaf....that my other car, the Prius...is my 'Gas Guzzler'. :rolleyes:

Now with gas prices going up .40 a gallon in just the last week....I'm trying to get as many rides as possible in my Leaf. I just wish there was a FREE Quick Charger (Level 3) closer to me. There's one in Northbrook...which is halfway between me and ORD. I always stop there and 'fill up' after I drop a pax at ORD with my LEAF.

Yes....I LOVE IT! :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's great when I am in a lane that merges right after the stoplight. No matter what is next to me....I always end up in front when the light turns green. :biggrin:
What's the real milage the battery gives you? I used to rent this thing for 2 weeks. I was averaging 41 miles only to full discharge but driving aggressive.

LEAFdriver

Gave a ride to the Tesla dealership manager in Highland Park. He says the car for 35k will be "empty",no bells and whistles. Loaded will cost 55k. Not my budget again.

What's the real milage the battery gives you? I used to rent this thing for 2 weeks. I was averaging 41 miles only to full discharge but driving aggressive.

Right now....probably the real mileage is about 80-90. Wow.....41 miles? That's crazy. I always drive mine in 'ECO' mode so I'm sure that helps a little....but 41 miles? What year was the Leaf you drove?

Vladko

Rental car. Miami. Summer. AC on all the time. Stepping on the pedal at all intersections. 41 miles.

Prius13

Rental car. Miami. Summer. AC on all the time. Stepping on the pedal at all intersections. 41 miles.
I could tell the Teslas were low in juice because they were on slow lane headed to Santa Clarita from DT San Fran, during a business trip last year. I mean that's the only reason I can think of. I think I would Uber a Leaf in California, not cold and snowy Chicago.

lakersfan1

For Chicago, Ford CMax Energi or Chevy Bolt is probably what you want. First 30 miles all electric, then hybrid after that.

Prius13

I made a deposit a week after they started doing reservations. Come on Elon, start producing these damn cars already :p
Just put a large iPad on the center dash. Then it's loaded. Saw a Versa yesterday with a 7-8" tablet with front windshield mount, don't know how Uber driver could see through the windshield. Seemed unsafe.

For Chicago, Ford CMax Energi or Chevy Bolt is probably what you want. First 30 miles all electric, then hybrid after that.
Love the design of Bolt. On the shopping list. :smiles: