LCR any good now?

Observingonly

Although I am an outsider, I also agree with Bro Renyeo. At least you know they are not a scam. They have reputation to guard and wont cheat you. From what I can gather from this forum I think their problems are poor staff attitude and work procedure.

renyeo

How much are you guys paying in weekly rentals for your cars?

I ask because the is a cost component after gas that bears the biggest impact on your earnings.

I am driving an 11 months-to-scrap Nissan paying $360 nett.

Basically it's like managing a manufacturing business, keeping your costs as lean as possible could go a long way.

:wink:

Last edited:

Anthology

Observingonly mentioned is half right. Renting their cars for new ones or quite new are okay.. but returning is another matter... their refund takes ages to do so with countless reasons to discount for problems on the car. I would prefer to rent from outside as their workshop repairs are more attentive then World Auto and secondly most rental company would take care of the drivers.

Secondly if there is no accident with LCR that's fine.. but when you do get involved, be prepared to cough out $4000 in total to LCR.. Pls read the fine lines of the contract. That's my two cents worth.

scorpiorian83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Although I am an outsider, I also agree with Bro Renyeo. At least you know they are not a scam. They have reputation to guard and wont cheat you. From what I can gather from this forum I think their problems are poor staff attitude and work procedure.
Yeah my friends also advice me to take from them better.
But after reading Anthology's mentioning of their insurance excess of 4k scares me off.

scorpiorian83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Observingonly mentioned is half right. Renting their cars for new ones or quite new are okay.. but returning is another matter... their refund takes ages to do so with countless reasons to discount for problems on the car. I would prefer to rent from outside as their workshop repairs are more attentive then World Auto and secondly most rental company would take care of the drivers.

Secondly if there is no accident with LCR that's fine.. but when you do get involved, be prepared to cough out $4000 in total to LCR.. Pls read the fine lines of the contract. That's my two cents worth.
You do have some points there bro. Your mentioning of their insurance excess is damn scary 4k? wat if it's not our fault?

Observingonly

If what you mentioned is true then you are probably right. I think the problem is most other companies are unknown and are too many too small and there are scams among. If they don't build up their reputation they can't grow. So what we see with our own eyes is the big becomes bigger and the small becomes smaller.

Just like when pax ask me where and what to eat in Clark Quay, I dare only to recommend Jumbo, saying that it is big and have reputation to guard so will not cut their throats.

Anthology

That is the problem, they won't care if it is your fault or not. Any accident reported to LCR will automatically be asking you to cough out the monies first. That is why I would prefer to rent from outside and they will take care of the drivers first if it is not your problem and claim accordingly with their insurance.

I had recently an incident happened just more than a week ago where a Subaru hit my back of the car, called my rental company and they assured me that I would get a temporary replacement car while they claim and repair the car before exchanging back again. No need any upfront whatsoever and I was happy that they proceed with the claim from the rental company prospective.

You do have some points there bro. Your mentioning of their insurance excess is damn scary 4k? wat if it's not our fault?

Sohgoody

No leh LCR did not ask me to pay upfront as my case clear cut not my fault. They even swee swee rebate my rental. I prefer not to use replacement car as not use to the car. Claiming lost of income.

or4cl3

you mean you showed a video proof of your accident? Hit your front or back? Please share more details on how you claim lost of income? how much per day?

NotAUberSucker

I sent in my Kia Optima taxi to Premier on Monday for accident repair and the motor insurer have yet to send a surveyor down to survey the vehicle. Hence, they are unable to commence repairs but because it is a minor accident, the surveyor will put down in his report that the repair will take only 2 days and I will only be entitled to 2 days loss of earnings even though it was the freaking surveyor taking his own sweet time to come down to do the survey.

Premier cannot force me to take another replacement taxi as the accident has been determined to be the other party's fault so they LL got no choice but to forego their loss of rental and also only entitled to claim 2 days loss of rental from the third party motor insurers. So I will be taking a long break as I doubt my taxi will be ready until this Friday at the earliest.

Last edited:

Observingonly

I thought loss of income is based on the number of days you you can't use your car from the time you sent in the car till you collect it back and not what assessed by surveyor to be the number of days required for repair? My experience with SMRT is the former.

Yes don't take replacement car from the same company but you can drive another company's car as a super relief to get double income but that would require you to put deposits with them.