LAX question

yomomma

I passed the test, and waiting for the sticker. Meanwhile, if I drive in the morning and pick up a pax who wants to go to LAX am I ok for now? Will the cops ticket me without the airport sticker?

BSki

You will not get any requests for LAX until you receive your placard or the pax hasn't entered their destination when requesting the ride.

ivypiked

Remember not to feed the wildlife.

Attachments

• IMG_8720.JPG
    IMG_8720.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 31

OMG GO!

Yes you will get a ticket. Yes uber will still give you rides to LAX anyways. You either risk it or turn it down. Probably bettert off taking down all trade dress if you dont have lax sticker and drop off as if you were a buddy doin a solid for a friend. I dont suggest you do that, just sayin if ya do....

SorryBluetoothOnly

You will not get any requests for LAX until you receive your placard or the pax hasn't entered their destination when requesting the ride.

yomomma This is not true! It might be for some but Uber is notorious for not setting up accounts correctly. As the driver behind the wheel, you are always responsible for making sure you follow all applicable laws and regulations, no matter what Uber/Lyft try to tell you to do through their app.

yomomma

Yes you will get a ticket. Yes uber will still give you rides to LAX anyways. You either risk it or turn it down. Probably bettert off taking down all trade dress if you dont have lax sticker and drop off as if you were a buddy doin a solid for a friend. I dont suggest you do that, just sayin if ya do....

I was thinking of doing that if the passenger complains and then screws my account somehow.

yomomma This is not true! It might be for some but Uber is notorious for not setting up accounts correctly. As the driver behind the wheel, you are always responsible for making sure you follow all applicable laws and regulations, no matter what Uber/Lyft try to tell you to do through their app.

Have to get my sticker fast!

UberLaLa

1. It actually isn't a sticker...more of a 'placard' - think half a sheet of paper.
2. You may never receive it if you don't go into the Uber Redondo Beach Green Light Hub.

gl

BSki

I was in a greenlight trying to figure out why they cannot get my LAX placcard to me after passing the quiz 10+ times and was told there is something new in place that if you are not approved for LAX in Ubers system you will not get rides there.

SorryBluetoothOnly

I was in a greenlight trying to figure out why they cannot get my LAX placcard to me after passing the quiz 10+ times and was told there is something new in place that if you are not approved for LAX in Ubers system you will not get rides there.

That's not new. And it's inconsistent. You can get rides to LAX if they didn't set you up correctly.

RUSSREED2.0

Then stop sending me EMAILS about the stupid promos at LAX! I think the whole thing is a lame dog and pony show.

somedriverguy

I passed the test, and waiting for the sticker. Meanwhile, if I drive in the morning and pick up a pax who wants to go to LAX am I ok for now? Will the cops ticket me without the airport sticker?
Yes, you will get the ticket.

False