Do you pickup at LAX?

• YES

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • HELLS TO THE NO!

Votes: 21 43.8%

LAX (Poll)

2K views 59 replies 32 participants last post by  La La Lady 
#1 ·
Do you pickup at LAX? If so, why? If no, why?

#18 ·
Biggest problem with the UberWipes at Airport Operations is after "deactivating" drivers from LAX they force LAX rides on them, but NO REMATCH, which makes drop-offs a worthless losing proposition.

------------
This aspect is part of a recent formal complaint to the CaliforniaPUC, and is also part of a possible class-action suit against Uber. I neve cancelled on pax at LAX, but still was deactivated FOR NO REASON GIVEN - despite trying multiple times and giving Uber ample opportunity to correct their error, I am now getting loaded to bring the full force of the California Regulatory Commissions and LAW upon Uber. This is getting FUN.

HEY DARA: If you want to know WHO TO BLAME for the upcoming legislation and the drivers that are testafying AGAINST YOU, LOL, you can blame your Airport Operations Asswipes. I'm going to be laughing myself silly as I see Uber go down in flames due to the way you've allowed Uber Airport Operations to screw the public and drivers.

If you want to get ahead of this, I suggest that you FIRE THE ENTIRE AIRPORT OPERATIONS STAFF from the top down, and start fresh. You are welcome to hire me at a reasonable mid-six-figure salary to clean it all up.

Thanks.

------------

I have found that drop-offs from far away & early AM aren't horribly bad, so I haven't made the effort to get my LAX permit removed. BUT I think you can get opted-out of LAX if you have a permit by "updating" your LAX permit by UPLOADING a picture of the FOLLOWING:

NO LAX PERMIT - INVALID

I should point out the "deactivation" message stated you could no longer do ANY airport rides, thus in the meantime you can justifiably tell passengers going to LAX:

"I am sorry, I am not able to go to LAX, the Uber system should not have assigned me to you, I am afraid you need to cancel to get another driver."

Make sure that you make the passenger cancel (you will get a cancel fee), and go offline for 5 minutes to get away from the area if you are concerned about acceptance rate.

#19 · (Edited)
Biggest problem with the UberWipes at Airport Operations is after "deactivating" drivers from LAX they force LAX rides on them, but NO REMATCH, which makes drop-offs a worthless losing proposition.

------------
This aspect is part of a recent formal complaint to the CaliforniaPUC, and is also part of a possible class-action suit against Uber. I neve cancelled on pax at LAX, but still was deactivated FOR NO REASON GIVEN - despite trying multiple times and giving Uber ample opportunity to correct their error, I am now getting loaded to bring the full force of the California Regulatory Commissions and LAW upon Uber. This is getting FUN.

HEY DARA: If you want to know WHO TO BLAME for the upcoming legislation and the drivers that are testafying AGAINST YOU, LOL, you can blame your Airport Operations Asswipes. I'm going to be laughing myself silly as I see Uber go down in flames due to the way you've allowed Uber Airport Operations to screw the public and drivers.

If you want to get ahead of this, I suggest that you FIRE THE ENTIRE AIRPORT OPERATIONS STAFF from the top down, and start fresh. You are welcome to hire me at a reasonable mid-six-figure salary to clean it all up.

Thanks.

------------

I have found that drop-offs from far away & early AM aren't horribly bad, so I haven't made the effort to get my LAX permit removed. BUT I think you can get opted-out of LAX if you have a permit by "updating" your LAX permit by UPLOADING a picture of the FOLLOWING:

NO LAX PERMIT - INVALID

I should point out the "deactivation" message stated you could no longer do ANY airport rides, thus in the meantime you can justifiably tell passengers going to LAX:

"I am sorry, I am not able to go to LAX, the Uber system should not have assigned me to you, I am afraid you need to cancel to get another driver."

Make sure that you make the passenger cancel (you will get a cancel fee), and go offline for 5 minutes to get away from the area if you are concerned about acceptance rate.
You got my vote just don't vote Republican

begin. So far

#22 ·
My LAX pickups today:
1. LAX -> Culver City (1.9x surge) = $19.07 ??
2. LAX -> Agora Hills (1.6x surge) = $76.27 with an $11 tip AND free Starbucks since the woman asked to stop and bought me iced coffee ??
3. LAX -> Torrance = $10.27 ??????
4. LAX -> Dana Point = $71.50 with a $10 tip ??

I made a total of $328 today. I take the gamble and pick up at LAX usually. Unless it takes over 15 minutes to pick up.

#29 ·
Prior to June 1 -- Only Lyft & Only rematches. Did a few with no rematches when I was there and primetime was high. In those days, you could fetch a regular Lyft ride out with enough PT to make it worth the < 20 minute wait. Now, I only do black and have not had an LAX drop off. Would probably try and wait if I did, since black wait times can be hours anywhere. Uber -- no LAX at all. Don't have it and don't want it.

#35 · (Edited)
My LAX pickups today:
1. LAX -> Culver City (1.9x surge) = $19.07 ??
2. LAX -> Agora Hills (1.6x surge) = $76.27 with an $11 tip AND free Starbucks since the woman asked to stop and bought me iced coffee ??
3. LAX -> Torrance = $10.27 ??????
4. LAX -> Dana Point = $71.50 with a $10 tip ??

I made a total of $328 today. I take the gamble and pick up at LAX usually. Unless it takes over 15 minutes to pick up.
The Ten Buck Torrance makes me wanna quit, and I don't drive X! :ninja: ?

Simply cuz I don't like working with a company that would do that to a driver.

#36 ·
I saw the name on the app when I accepted the request, and had a bad feeling from the start, and then the lady not knowing much English. I go to Sign E (might have been Sign F, idk), I see the potential riders as I can judge who they based on the name, spotted them, and that confirmed my suspicion from the start that this was going to be a worthless trip.

#42 · (Edited)
20 minutes to do one circuit at LAX today at 13:30.

That's just insane.
It took @LoveBC that to go from the Ticket Booth in TCP lot to the exit of TCP lot the other day. What, like 100 yards 20 minutes just to enter the 'flow' of traffic going towards 96th...

It can take over an hour on a bad day at lax to go from lot, to pickup to full exit of LAX, now. :cautious:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.