Lax permit placement

Medle

Hey sorry to ask such a stupid question, but does the lax permit go above or below trade dress? I would assume its above? Took the damn quiz and got my permit recently, and I remember it specifying that it had to be either above or below the trade dress, but I can't remember which one, and Uber's site has nothing mentioning placement on their lax info area, google has done no good and I cant find an answer via forum search. Help please :smiles:

Bpr2

IMG_6682.JPG

Adieu

Tossed in right corner of dash is a-ok as far as cops are concerned

Its against the law to place the LAX permit there....

The law says 7 x 7 inches maximum

I heard 5" x 5", but yes, hanging half sheets of letter paper in your windshield is illegal regardless

LoveBC

If you look at the picture that shows you were to put trade dress you'll see it shows where airport permit goes too. Picture should be in the packet that your trade dress came in. And FYI one trade dress only, putting both Lyft and Uber on at the same time is asking for a $200 ticket

Uncle-not-Ant

Tossed in right corner of dash is a-ok as far as cops are concerned

I heard 5" x 5", but yes, hanging half sheets of letter paper in your windshield is illegal regardless
I was keeping this to myself, to use in court if I ever forget to put up my permit and am ticketed. State Law supercedes local laws, and I would prevail.

The big old permit and decal is a safety hazard, and when someone gets run down and killed by a rideshare driver because the "required" permit placement obstructed the drivers view, LAX and Uber will pay bigly.

Its against the law to place the LAX permit there....

The law says 7 x 7 inches maximum

getoutofmycar: You are right 7"×7"

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...nNum=26708.&highlight=true&keyword=windshield
20170926_153650.png

Think the permit is 8 1/2" wide? And taller than 7" with Uber toilet seat on top of it

Attachments

• 20170926_150900.png
    20170926_150900.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: