LAX - H E DOUBLE TOOTH PIX!

UberLaLa

I gots this 'sweet spot' out at LAX, and whenever I drop a pax at LAX I'll go park in that spot and get an LAX pick-up in minutes (Que Full or not) that takes me far far away from there.

UNTIL LAST NIGHT :eek::rolleyes::mad:

1st Ping: A Pool pickup from a hotel address on Century - let it Time Out. Then, Uber took me OFFLINE! Never in a year-and-a-half has the Uber App taken me offline for not Accepting a Ping - like Lyft always does/did when I used to use that App. So, of course when I logged back in QUE FULL.

2nd Ping: Another hotel address on Century - take the guy to the sushi place (4 minutes) over on Sepulveda.

3rd Ping: Another hotel address on Century - take the guy and girl to the same sushi place (4 minutes) over on Sepulveda.

4th Ping: Finally! LAX Terminal 7/8 - Mom and son out of Irvine....BUUUUT...they were there on the wrong day for their flight and needed me to take them back to where they had just parked their car at a long-term lot on....you guessed it...Century Blvd - 3 minute trip.

5th Ping: Inglewood (9 minutes away) But if I don't Accept it I get booted off the system and out of the Que....what do I do? what do I do? Accept. She was maybe 19...the John that sent the Uber for her lived in a real dump in Inglewood, too.

Decided after 3 hours of that craziness to head back to DTLA by jumping on the 110 frwy. WAIT....I gotta pee...Oh! There's a JackInDaBox! : )

Once I walked out of the bathroom and looked around, I realized I was not in the best place to be out walking around from my car and back....just not a good night up till then. : //

UberLaLa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your stupid for waiting at the airport, airport equal a black hole for time and guaranteed dead miles
Stupid as in a verb or are you just being an insulting person at the moment...?

I chose to ride things out because it has paid many many times before and wanted to see if my honey hole had dried up....if you do not like information being shared, based on the experience of others....why are you on a Forum?

I have always gotten trips away from the airport after dropping there (as I wrote in the thread). Should I assume you never take trips to the airport? If you do, then you have dead miles away.

Oh, and I just can't resist this one....it is you're not your.

jaywaynedubya

I was simply giving you some information waiting 10 to 30 minutes in the airport lot then another 10 to 15 to pickup pax then another t to 10 to exit airport and take pax to the lax parking lot or to marina del rey is (5 to 10 minutes) for a total time of an hour and hour and 5 minutes and a grand total of 5.80 or 10 bucks. But perhaps you can get a ride to Irvine and make a good 60 bucks but have to dead mile it back to the core to incentives.

Airport needs to surge like 2.5x or more, stop giving in to uber so easily. I haven't done a pickup at the airport in months and I guarantee my hourly rate is higher than yours.

Last edited:

UberLaLa

I was simply giving you some information waiting 10 to 30 minutes in the airport lot then another 10 to 15 to pickup pax then another t to 10 to exit airport and take pax to the lax parking lot or to marina del rey is (5 to 10 minutes) for a total time of an hour and hour and 5 minutes and 5.80 or 10 bucks. But perhaps you can get a ride to Irvine and make a good 60 Mikes but have to dead mile it back to the core to incentives.
Well, that is completely fairly stated. And I must agree with such after last night. All forgiven, then.

I'm not sure, but I have never had to wait longer than a few minutes in the past to get a ride out of there. Maybe I just been stupid lucky.

I posted this thread simply to see if others are seeing any change. I have rarely if ever received non-LAX Pings while in the Que, but last night got more than 5 to 1.

I was being stupid too....sort of like that stubborn fisherman that has always had a good fishing hole that has now dried up. Or 21 Player that watches his/her entire pot go away on a table that used to be a good one. :frown:

UberLaLa

I always gtfo the airport and never look back. I dead mile to a sweet spot not too far away...
Yeah, I did that originally. Heck, I never even been to the PigPen...don't even know where it's at. I been lucky and almost always get a nice juicy ride back to the Core somewhere....I been lucky...but you know what they say about luck.....

:confused:

UberLaLa

I was simply giving you some information waiting 10 to 30 minutes in the airport lot then another 10 to 15 to pickup pax then another t to 10 to exit airport and take pax to the lax parking lot or to marina del rey is (5 to 10 minutes) for a total time of an hour and hour and 5 minutes and a grand total of 5.80 or 10 bucks. But perhaps you can get a ride to Irvine and make a good 60 bucks but have to dead mile it back to the core to incentives.

Airport needs to surge like 2.5x or more, stop giving in to uber so easily. I haven't done a pickup at the airport in months and I guarantee my hourly rate is higher than yours.
I rarely do LAX...only did pickups when I was there for a drop. I'm only $30-$45 an hour....so, ok.

FUberX

Yeah, I did that originally. Heck, I never even been to the PigPen...don't even know where it's at. I been lucky and almost always get a nice juicy ride back to the Core somewhere....I been lucky...but you know what they say about luck.....

:confused:
Should probably keep certain things to yourself or pm, because glitches like this will soon cause people to look for them...

Then word secretly gets out and before you know it and fuber patches the leak...

Word of advice I never discuss honey holes or leaks with anyone....

Spanky

Last week I had the same issues. Quick ping but all
Century hotel BS. After three I got the hell out and haven't tried to pick up at LAX since.