• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

----------LAX AIRPORT EXPERIENCE----------????????

HAVE YOU BEEN ORDERED TO MOVE TO A SERVICE LETTER SIGN WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN PAGED TO A SPECIFIC DOOR

• Total voters

LAXGUY

HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD BY LAX AIRPORT SECURITY/AIRPORT POLICE TO KEEP MOVING TO A RIDESHARE LETTER SIGN WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN PAGED TO A SPECIFIC DOOR NUMBER AS ALLOWED BY THE RULES GOVERNING THE RIDESHARE PROGRAM......?

uberist

Originally you had to pickup at letters only, a month or more ago I recieved
Several notifacations that you are allowed to pickup and drop off at any upper lvl white curb.

I have been doing that without issue except its harder to locate the pax at times.
I would much rather go to the ride shre stand.

Retrojka

Huge line getting into TNC parking. Pinged while in line and waited a long time to go into TNC just to come back out to the airport. Lol.

saucy05

Uber needs to figure out a way for ride share drivers to pick up pax right after dropping off because the time it takes to get to the terminals from the pen is getting ridiculous. It is also bound to get worse after the dinosaurs (taxi) get fazed out in the next couple of years.

Also, lax police need to sort out the line cutters. I'm pretty sure I spent an extra ten minutes on 96th street yesterday thanks to people cutting line to get to the terminals.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Uber needs to figure out a way for ride share drivers to pick up pax right after dropping off because the time it takes to get to the terminals from the pen is getting ridiculous. It is also bound to get worse after the dinosaurs (taxi) get fazed out in the next couple of years.

Also, lax police need to sort out the line cutters. I'm pretty sure I spent an extra ten minutes on 96th street yesterday thanks to people cutting line to get to the terminals.
You'll be waiting a long time for police to stop line cutting. Changing lanes is not illegal.

TheNoobinator

I've seen two motorcycle cops pull over some cutters . It's sweet justice.

Changing lanes may not be illegal but reckless driving is.

saucy05

You'll be waiting a long time for police to stop line cutting. Changing lanes is not illegal.
Crossing solid white lines and turning from the wrong lane is. If I were a police officer short on my quota, I would sit on 96th street and start handing out tickets left and right. Once word gets around people would be on their best behavior.

People also need to stop letting these cutters in. They are the ones encouraging this uncivilized behavior.

uberist

I still dont understand why anybody goes into the pen, can someone explain?
You dont have to be in there to get terminal pings

sadboy

Well I just starTed going to the pen and I meet a lot of drivers who only run surge. They thought me how to get pick ups at surge, and since than any run I do out of the pen is at 2x or above surge and it's not done the street. It's a waiting game but it pays out if done right

uberist

Well I just starTed going to the pen and I meet a lot of drivers who only run surge. They thought me how to get pick ups at surge, and since than any run I do out of the pen is at 2x or above surge and it's not done the street. It's a waiting game but it pays out if done right
You can do the same thing from anywhere inside the geofence, you dont have to be in the pen. Just dont park in BK parking lot, it is geo fenced to suspend pings.