Lawsuit Settlement

uberloverjon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I sent an email to the lawyer. We'll see what she says.

Update:
"We do not have the answer to that question. Unfortunately, we do not have a time table for this. We are still awaiting approval of the settlement. We are not sure when drivers may receive a check as it depends on if the Judge approves of the settlement and when. Our preliminary approval hearing was on June 2; however, we are still awaiting the Judge’s decision.

We will send out an email update to all drivers once more information becomes available."

Great

Last edited:

eman1122

According to some reports, the judge feels that the settlement isn't in the best interest of the drivers. Especially considering the backlash that the settlement has received from unhappy drivers. So the judge is having them try to work things out. I think they have a few more days to do so.

Old Smokey

The Lyft lawsuit is done, settlement was signed off about two weeks ago. Lyft had to DOUBLE the orginal number, but it is behind them now. Maybe Fuber will also double to two hundred million? It is the lawyers in other states that don't want the formula for settlement locked down before they go to court.

uberloverjon

The Lyft lawsuit is done, settlement was signed off about two weeks ago. Lyft had to DOUBLE the orginal number, but it is behind them now. Maybe Fuber will also double to two hundred million? It is the lawyers in other states that don't want the formula for settlement locked down before they go to court.
I drove for Lyft but was never notified of a lawsuit settlement. So am I going to collect from them in addition to Uber?

Old Smokey

I drove for Lyft but was never notified of a lawsuit settlement. So am I going to collect from them in addition to Uber?
You will be notified by the courts if you were working with in the lawsuit settlement dates. Make sure your contact information with Lyft has not changed. The same lawyer handling the Uber case had their hands in the Lyft case. Contact them for more accurate information.

Old Smokey

Come on judge Chen please send me my money
You don't have to accept the settlement, good luck in arbitration. Biggest part of the suit is the drivers hired after 15 June 2014. Fuber knows most labor lawyers won't represent small fries in arbitration, not enough money. Best case scenario is get paid by FUBER then let the Fed's come in and kick some Fuber but.

uberloverjon

From the mouth of the horse:

"The Lyft lawsuit class includes all California Lyft drivers. We anticipate that the notice will go out to class members in the next few weeks."

Paralegal

Lichten & Liss-Riordan, P.C.